• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Callie

Callie

Walking Despair
Aug 21, 2023
I'm not actually thinking of doing it. But relating to what's happening to me right now, which is just crying and crying—it's awfully tiring but I have just so much pain I can't stop. My head is throbbing from it already but there is just pain everywhere it might be good if I can actually die from crying too much.

E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024
Short answer is yes but not severely just drink a lot of water and get some minerals. You won't be dehydrated like a day under the hot sun but an awful headache can come without refueling.
I seldom cried for a good portion of my life up until a couple years ago. I now average 1-2 hours per day, every single day. Even out in public shopping sometimes I cannot even stop it. Nobody cares by the way, they avoid you just like they do the homeless.
So I started to wonder the same thing about sheer volume of crying and loss of electrolytes and fluids. I have not researched it, but consuming plenty of fluids and getting enough salt and such has helped stave off throbbing miserable headaches that may otherwise occur. Drinking the fluids also may help you feel slightly better, like 0.5-1% better or so, probably just from feeling like you are doing something positive.

Callie

Callie

Walking Despair
Aug 21, 2023
Short answer is yes but not severely just drink a lot of water and get some minerals. You won't be dehydrated like a day under the hot sun but an awful headache can come without refueling.
I seldom cried for a good portion of my life up until a couple years ago. I now average 1-2 hours per day, every single day. Even out in public shopping sometimes I cannot even stop it. Nobody cares by the way, they avoid you just like they do the homeless.
So I started to wonder the same thing about sheer volume of crying and loss of electrolytes and fluids. I have not researched it, but consuming plenty of fluids and getting enough salt and such has helped stave off throbbing miserable headaches that may otherwise occur. Drinking the fluids also may help you feel slightly better, like 0.5-1% better or so, probably just from feeling like you are doing something positive.
This is informative thank you. But I think I want to do the opposite of saving myself from dehydration 😅

That's why I am asking if it's actually possible. I am afraid of actually doing the deed but perhaps I can die of the actions caused by my pain.

E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024
Oh, I misunderstood. Have cried enough at this point to confidently say dehydrating to death from it is not in the cards. Though it does often feel like the fitting, poetic, beautiful, and logical end of an intense sobbing session.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Dehydration would not kill you like that. To die from dehydration in an otherwise healthy person takes days and you would most likely cave and drink something before you would actually reach the point of dying. You can not lose anywhere close to enough fluids from crying to do anything. Coming from someone who went days without eating or drinking a single drop, if you're hoping to ctb from dehydration you're out of luck. The only people who have managed to do that are monks with an insane amount of self control.

Callie

Callie

Walking Despair
Aug 21, 2023
Dehydration would not kill you like that. To die from dehydration in an otherwise healthy person takes days and you would most likely cave and drink something before you would actually reach the point of dying. You can not lose anywhere close to enough fluids from crying to do anything. Coming from someone who went days without eating or drinking a single drop, if you're hoping to ctb from dehydration you're out of luck. The only people who have managed to do that are monks with an insane amount of self control.
Does this mean I can go on for days without drinking anything? I am a small person, 38kg, and not very fit. I am near skin and bones.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Does this mean I can go on for days without drinking anything? I am a small person, 38kg, and not very fit. I am near skin and bones.
The human body is much more resilient than you would think when it comes to dehydration. Unless you have underlying health conditions, you would feel very sick and tired but ultimately you would drink or eat water out of desperation. It is a primitive reaction to trying to starve/dehydrate yourself to death. Your body almost goes into autopilot and before you know what you're doing you're chugging a gallon of water and eating your entire pantry after not having eaten a crumb or so much as touched a drop of water in days.

Callie

Callie

Walking Despair
Aug 21, 2023
The human body is much more resilient than you would think when it comes to dehydration. Unless you have underlying health conditions, you would feel very sick and tired but ultimately you would drink or eat water out of desperation. It is a primitive reaction to trying to starve/dehydrate yourself to death. Your body almost goes into autopilot and before you know what you're doing you're chugging a gallon of water and eating your entire pantry after not having eaten a crumb or so much as touched a drop of water in days.
Yes, exactly. This is what keeps me alive after all. I've always wondered if I actually want to live because my body keeps on surviving. Now I know I really don't.
The problem is this human instinct to survive. 😢

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
You won't lose enough water by crying for it to make any real difference to your start of hydration. If you want to die by deydration, the most practical way is to head off on foot into the desert somewhere in hot weather. If you are not carrying water you probably won't last 24 hours.