• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

misunderst0od

Jul 22, 2018
Does anyone think its a bad idea to contact people and say your goodbyes before doing it in not a so obvious way then to just leave a note?

Reactions: Final Escape
M

misunderst0od

Jul 22, 2018
But whats the difference between doing that and saying your goodbyes in person beforehand? What if you dont have the energy to hangout and pretend that your ok?

Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
I think it is indeed a bad idea. For instance, humans frequently rely on their instincts and may instantly know that you are indeed saying your goodbye to them. But I guess it's better to just let yourself see and decide whether an opportunity will give cause to such an action without planning it.

M

misunderst0od

Jul 22, 2018
your right about that. Perhaps they might have a hunch. Perhaps Ill just do it a few days beforehand or something. I need closure and I'd rather give them at least my response before doing it. Its not even family im worried about it just friends, and my now ex.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
Does anyone think its a bad idea to contact people and say your goodbyes before doing it in not a so obvious way then to just leave a note?

Unless you're 100% sure that your friend won't contact the authorities, it's not a good idea because it can lead to you getting sent to a psychiatric hospital.

Part of my note:
I really wanted to tell you beforehand so we could at least say goodbye, but there was too much of a risk of my words being misinterpreted. Some people might think that they could have "saved" me if they had only said the "right thing," and I wouldn't want to burden anyone with that kind of guilt.

maktubler

maktubler

May 22, 2018
I think the point is to give yourself closure. Whatever you can say to the person that gives you the closure you need is what you need to say. That may not necessarily be a goodbye.

M

misunderst0od

Jul 22, 2018
I think the point is to give yourself closure. Whatever you can say to the person that gives you the closure you need is what you need to say. That may not necessarily be a goodbye.

Thats pretty much how I feel. But I can understand how some people might take it as being suspicious and then try to do something about it. I dont want to end up in some psych ward. I want to do it once and succeed.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
A "friend" once had me committed against my will. It was one of my life's most humiliating experiences. I will NEVER again allow anyone even the opportunity to do that. But I have no friends to say goodbye to. I have no living relatives, either. All I have is an action figure from a movie I really liked. I actually feel guilty leaving it behind. Like, it's the only thing in my home I talk to. Every day. I feel terrible guilt over abandoning it. And I don't think it would matter nearly as much to anyone else as to me.

Sorry for my mind wandering... I hope whatever decision you make, it only brings you peace.

S

Sternum

Student
May 12, 2018
If jeopardising your success is not a problem for you, then it is a good idea, because it would abate the regret others will inevitably have because they worry they could have done something if they knew you felt this way or planned to ctb. However, that 'something' is basically to prevent you from doing it at all costs, including removal of your freedom, hospitalization, guilting you for your plan, compelling you to see a dr and start taking medication (huge negative side-effects notwithstanding, because most people care less about those side-effects than they care about knowing they 'helped' you not kill yourself), etc.

Last edited:
Vvcv

Vvcv

Jul 17, 2018
You can do that months or years before you actually commit suicide, that way noone will really know the time of your death. I won't be telling anyone anything and my note will only be useful to the police who will think it's suicide, not a murder. Remember not to destroy your chances of success by giving away your thoughts.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
M

misunderst0od

Jul 22, 2018
I'm sorry that happened to you FTL.Wanderer. And all of you are making such valid points. I am going to do cbt before the end of august. If I can actually muster up the courage I would just do it this week. I will let you all know. And the idea of leaving a note vs. actual text vs contact to see people one last time I guess is something I have to figure out on my own. Everyone doesn't even think of cbt as an option. They all think im depressed and ill eventually get out of it. All I do is stay in my room all day miserable. I fucking hate life. I see no point in anything anymore. The only thing that brings a smile to my face is this site.

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
You cannot expect people that you tell not to care.people are not stupid and I don't think you can say such a sentimental goodbye without raising suspicion.
Having said that,you must do what is right for you and only you yourself can make that big and important decision.just be aware that you may be hospitalised to keep you safe if they report you as I think relatives can have you sectioned too.