K

Kain10th

May 7, 2020
Not a whole ton of people really know this site exists so would it be a bad idea to mention this in therapy?

Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I don't think so, as long as they can't identify you easily, not that therapists care enough to go searching anyway. As a general rule I think honesty helps them treat you. They'll probably tell you you should go to a pro-life site instead once they know more about it though.

Reactions: Stick
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Yes it is a bad idea nothing good will come of it believe me. You view it as therapeutic but that's not how they will see it. Imo it's best to keep this site secret.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie, Zyntkalla, Stick and 2 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I was honest with mine and said I'd joined a pro choice forum, but I never said the name and I probably would advise against naming the website. Partly because this is truly a place you can be totally honest and you don't want to be looking over your shoulder and wondering if someone you know is reading what you're putting. Ultimately it's up to you, mine just said that maybe I'm being taken advantage of etc, which I laughed at lol.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie, clown_17, Panna and 3 others
franklynlb

franklynlb

Oct 13, 2020
I told my shrink about the forum, about it being a pro choice, and that it has both a recovery forum and then real methods for ctb. I don't plan to mention the name of the site tho. Besides, i've mentioned how good ppl here can make me feel when i'm in a shitty state. She said nothing about it, but didn't seem too happy about me being here, still said nothing cause i think she knows how lonely i am and how company from ppl in here can make me feel better. So, i guess it depends on how you go about it. I wouldn't mention the site's name tho.

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Why would you mention it in therapy? What is the point?

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
When it comes to therapists, the majority will use anything you give them as ammo against you, regardless of how friendly they seem. Their main goal is to make money, and not acting on what you give them if they think it could be dangerous in any capacity would ultimately hurt them and their opportunity to make money. So be vague and be careful.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie and Lupgevif
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Don't.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, Wayfaerer and Lupgevif
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i mention it off handedly. like "i was talking to my friends....." or something to make it seem a little more normal. im one for being honest with my therapists but i wouldnt bother everyone else on the site with this in case they look into it. however my husband and friend knows. ive even sent them links and everything. difference is, i dont know if the therapist will bother others. i know my loved ones read what i send then dont look at the site until the next time i bring it to their attention

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I told my ex psychiatrist a few times. At first, he was concerned and told me not to go on the site, but now, he doesn't really care. My current nurse practitioner, I told and he actually looked it up, but didn't find my username and said while he doesn't agree with what people are saying, he finds it very interesting.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie
Reiraku

Reiraku

May 5, 2020
I don't think any good can come from it. It'll just bring unwanted attention.

• Love
Reactions: Lupgevif
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
i suggest against it. say you're on a depression support forum or something and name no names.

• Love
Reactions: NeverEndingProblem and Lupgevif
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I don't think it's a good idea to mention it specifically by name.

Probably a better idea to refer to it as "a pro-choice forum" or a forum about mental health. Mentioning to your therapist that you use a website called "sanctioned suicide" will probably set off some alarm bells for them

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Don't mention it, it'll only cause them to blame ss for your problems

• Love
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
First rule about SS, tell no one about SS.

I don't think you should even use hidden references like "pro-choice forum" or even "forum." Shrinks like to dig and dig and dig. Personally, I like to keep this place as a secret little corner in my life — the one venue no one else can touch or ruin for me.

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Wayfaerer and Lupgevif
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I wouldn't mention it because they may take it as planning (for suicide.) It's not worth the risk.

T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I think being upfront and honest about what is going on is the best way to actually get help, so yes. But, with that being said I would avoid stating the specific website because that could bring unwanted attention to the site and your therapist doesn't need to know which one in order to help you. You can just say a site where people discuss suicide, you don't have to give to many details for your therapist to understand the gist.