kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
This guy bought me a drink at a show and we got along pretty well. We shared social media and he keeps asking me to hang out. I feel like I don't have an objective perspective on whether something is dangerous because I wanna die, but I also struggle with paranoia and feel like something really bad is gonna happen. So my question is is it reasonable to hang out with this person I just met?
I'm sorry for asking this here. I don't have anyone else to ask. Thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
So my question is is it reasonable to hang out with this person I just met?
Well, that's how friendships and love connections can start. Without hanging out together, socializing, whether alone at home or outside with other people around or on a concert/party, you cannot get to know other people.

Sure, there might be a risk if u don't know someone but imo the risk generally is low, Just be careful until you get to know them better.

• Hugs
Reactions: Eternal Eyes, Ironborn, 3/4Dead and 1 other person
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
Well, that's how friendships and love connections can start. Without hanging out together, socializing, whether alone at home or outside with other people around or on a concert/party, you cannot get to know other people.

Sure, there might be a risk if u don't know someone but imo the risk generally is low, Just be careful until you get to know them better.
Ok thanks for reminding me that this is normal. I do find myself talking to people wherever I go, but my friends have been saying that these people are creepy and have hidden motives so it's been skewing my perspective. I'll just make sure to be careful. Thank you!

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
Yeah, totally normal. Hang out in public for a while, of course, and get to know each other. I hope you all wind up becoming friends.

Reactions: kunikuzushi and Ironborn
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Like others have said- kind of depends where. A public place should be ok. Do you get paranoid feelings with everyone? I don't know, I do actually also put faith in instinct too. Not always wise to avoid feelings that something seems a bit off. Anyway, I hope you're initial instincts are mistaken and he turns out to be a good friend.

Reactions: kunikuzushi
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
Yeah, totally normal. Hang out in public for a while, of course, and get to know each other. I hope you all wind up becoming friends.
Alright thanks so much!
Like others have said- kind of depends where. A public place should be ok. Do you get paranoid feelings with everyone? I don't know, I do actually also put faith in instinct too. Not always wise to avoid feelings that something seems a bit off. Anyway, I hope you're initial instincts are mistaken and he turns out to be a good friend.
Yeah I didn't realize I have these paranoid feelings about strangers a lot. It's been years since I made friends with someone who wasn't a friend's friend already. Thank you for the support!