• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

BitumenSquid

The coolest cephalopod on the block
Jan 21, 2023
Hanging is the most obvious method for me. I've got a set up that would work, I tried before but my survival instinct saved me. I can stop that from happening again so it would be a sure thing. Itd be rough to do, but you'd loose consciousness quickly and die shortly after so it really is ideal to me. But it just seems like an awful thing to see. Whoever finds me, no matter what method I use, will have to deal with that image but hanging in particular feels really brutal in that respect. Less so than some methods, of course, but still. It's one of the few things from stopping me. I'm dead set on it as a method but that one particular hangup is a big one, what do you think? Perhaps it's not as bad as I think it is because I think most non suicidal people have an image of hanging in their heads when they think about suicide anyway.

Reactions: Yozo_oba
Zaya

Zaya

dead dreams, false hopes
May 3, 2023
Its just my personal opinion but apart from poisoning yourself, I find hanging is one of the least brutal ways to look at. I mean less than 100 years ago people were executed by hanging in public and hundreds of people attended because they wanted to see it so I guess its only really brutal if its a relative or loved one

Reactions: nightshade00, Red Desert and loopdaloop
F

FuneralGrey

Oct 12, 2022
Brutal might be too strong of a word – as you say, there are lots of other methods that create horrific results, usually the ones involving significant traumatic injuries (think gunshot wounds, jumping, trains, etc.).

There are a lot of factors that dictate what you'll look like when you're found. How long until you're found, which veins/arteries are being compressed and even who finds you – because no matter what you look like, it will probably look worse to a loved one or rookie EMT than an experienced stranger. In any case, the image most people have in their head of what a hanging victim looks like is... not what a hanging victim looks like.

I'm sorry I can't provide you with more definitive answers.

Reactions: Suicidе, Red Desert, Yozo_oba and 2 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Someone posted on this site that they saw several people who died from hanging- I think four possibly, I think they were an emt- one was a loved one. They said on all cases, the bodies were in bad condition, with lots of deep claw marks on their necks. BUt most methods leave the boyd in bad conbditino- t me it's not a priority at all, buf if this does matter it is likely to not lok so nice. Better than many methods as you say. It is rare to find a method that doesn't make the body look bad, I think some medications that only medical professionals have access to may be less traumatic. Almost all ctbs lead to a closed casket. For me this isn't a priority compared to other things, such as effectiveness and less pain.

Reactions: agonysgrin and loopdaloop
iLikeFrogs

iLikeFrogs

In the grippy socks jail
May 5, 2023
I think that it depends on how long someone was hanging already. The more they hang the more awful it's to walk in on them. If they already decomposed it starts to be less disturbing, but is still pretty high on the ist.

Reactions: loopdaloop
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If people are upset by finding someone that has ctb by hanging then it's the fault of this anti suicide society where access to more peaceful methods are restricted, and where so much secrecy is involved in planning to die. If assisted suicide and Nembutal were legalised then people wouldn't have to resort to methods like this. And anyway it isn't like you will exist at that point, and we all have to die somewhere, someday.

Reactions: 54378 and Someone123
L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
My method is a .357 pistol shot to the head. I guess that would be more brutal to walk in on.

F

FuneralGrey

Oct 12, 2022
If people are upset by finding someone that has ctb by hanging then it's the fault of this anti suicide society where access to more peaceful methods are restricted, and where so much secrecy is involved in planning to die. If assisted suicide and Nembutal were legalised then people wouldn't have to resort to methods like this. And anyway it isn't like you will exist at that point, and we all have to die somewhere, someday.
Respectfully, being upset by finding someone that has ctb is not the fault of "this anti-suicide society." At all times, in all circumstances, seeing someone who has ctb will be upsetting – heck, seeing someone who has legally accessed assisted suicide can still be traumatizing. Even seeing someone who has died of Nembutal could be upsetting, especially if they haven't been found for a few days, but otherwise it's still possible to be covered in vomit, urine, various bodily fluids, etc., among other unsightly issues.

Where you're right is that, if assisted suicide were legal, the bodies would likely be quickly whisked away post-death and loved ones would be more prepared. But I also have no doubt people would still choose to ctb if assisted suicide was legal.

Reactions: Das Nichts and SleepingLessons
J

jorheslen428

May 4, 2023
Hanging is the most obvious method for me. I've got a set up that would work, I tried before but my survival instinct saved me. I can stop that from happening again so it would be a sure thing. Itd be rough to do, but you'd loose consciousness quickly and die shortly after so it really is ideal to me. But it just seems like an awful thing to see. Whoever finds me, no matter what method I use, will have to deal with that image but hanging in particular feels really brutal in that respect. Less so than some methods, of course, but still. It's one of the few things from stopping me. I'm dead set on it as a method but that one particular hangup is a big one, what do you think? Perhaps it's not as bad as I think it is because I think most non suicidal people have an image of hanging in their heads when they think about suicide anyway.
I think that if it's not a loved one that finds your body, they won't be too traumatized by it.
I think that if it's not a loved one that finds your body, they won't be too traumatized by it. Also, if society didn't want this type of thing to happen, they would make peaceful ctb an option.

tams

tams

Mar 27, 2023
When I have thought about using hanging as my method, I decided I would put a bag or hood over my head. I think the face would be the most traumatizing part to see in any death. I believe with it covered, it would make it more impersonal for whoever discovers it.