Tintypographer

Tintypographer

I am done as of 4-21-2023. Somewhere I am no more
Apr 29, 2020
I'm exhausted all the time and wish I could never wake up. I have never died so I have no idea what it's like but I often wonder if passing away is the same or different from never waking up. When I'm asleep, besides dreams, I don't have to deal with all the chaos in my life. No one is begging for somehtjng or more work or my time. But then I wake up. I wonder if dying is like sleeping but you just never have to wake up.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, ithappens, stygal and 12 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think it's different because if there's no brain, it'll probably be impossible to dream. (unless consciousness somehow goes to some kind of afterlife, which sounds too fairy tale for me)

I know how hard waking up can feel. I'm kinda better but there are days in which I just want to stay in bed but unfortunately, I can't sleep fore more than 4 hours in spite of taking sleeping pills.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, Fthis, tpurced and 2 others
Birdie

Birdie

Sep 19, 2020
It is, non-existence...

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Lostandlooking, Rif and 5 others
Doubledie2

Doubledie2

Feb 9, 2021
Ever wondered what the difference between a dream was and real life? Sometimes in my dreams it seems like real life and only when I have woken up did I realize I was dreaming. And sometimes in my dreams I realize I am dreaming because of the absurdness of its reality. But I have never dreamed that I was dreaming and woke up in my dreams. Its like dreams only exist in my awake state. In my dream state, there are no dreams. So I would think being dead means there is no death. You are already in that state. But if you were woken from your dead state, in an afterlife say, surely then there is again another death. A death after death. A double death? And that is all my head is buzzing with right now....

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, tpurced and NodusTollens
Deleted member 26067

Deleted member 26067

Perennis odium
Feb 4, 2021
Well, religious people would have you believe you'll go on to another plane of existence.

But being an atheist, I believe it's just eternal, dreamless, dark sleep. Oblivion.

That, sounds like paradise to me.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, greyismyfavecolor, _Minsk and 6 others
F

FallenFromGrace92

Student
Jan 24, 2021
Ever wondered what the difference between a dream was and real life? Sometimes in my dreams it seems like real life and only when I have woken up did I realize I was dreaming. And sometimes in my dreams I realize I am dreaming because of the absurdness of its reality. But I have never dreamed that I was dreaming and woke up in my dreams. Its like dreams only exist in my awake state. In my dream state, there are no dreams. So I would think being dead means there is no death. You are already in that state. But if you were woken from your dead state, in an afterlife say, surely then there is again another death. A death after death. A double death? And that is all my head is buzzing with right now....
The bible describes hell as the second death. the first death your spirit is seperated from your body, the second death your spirit is seperated from God who created it and everything good and pleasant in the world.

itsbigbraintime

itsbigbraintime

SN Wizard
Feb 14, 2020
I gotta say, I really hope it's like sleeping forever. But part of me thinks that maybe something happens afterwards. It's hard to explain but there's a theory out there stating that given an infinite amount of time, anything that could possibly happen will happen at some point. Even the most ludicrous things. I think it's like that but with consciousness. You weren't around for billions of years, and then after you die, you're floating around in nothingness for an undetermined amount of time, then you come back again. Why? Because it was a slim possibility. But, like I said, eternity = all things happening.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lostandlooking and x~Sophia~x
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
I certainly hope it is. The only time I'm happy is when I'm asleep.

• Hugs
Reactions: Defenestration, RedHarlequin, NegativeSymptoms and 3 others
Deleted member 26067

Deleted member 26067

Perennis odium
Feb 4, 2021
I gotta say, I really hope so. But part of me thinks that maybe something happens afterwards. It's hard to explain but there's a theory out there stating that given an infinite amount of time, anything that could possibly happen will happen at some point. Even the most ludicrous things. I think it's like that but with consciousness. You weren't around for billions of years, and then after you die, you're floating around in nothingness for an undetermined amount of time, then you come back again. Why? Because it was a slim possibility. But, like I said, eternity = all things happening.
The idea of coming back to this sewer again (reincarnation) is repulsive beyond belief, for obvious reasons.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Reactions: RedHarlequin, greyismyfavecolor, Lostandlooking and 3 others
Gonjoolie

Gonjoolie

Student
Feb 5, 2021
Logically I think there's just nothing. No brain to make a conscious so there would just be nothing. Growing up as a Christian has me terrified about the possibility of god and him sending me to hell though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and NodusTollens
Deleted member 26067

Deleted member 26067

Perennis odium
Feb 4, 2021
The bible describes hell as the second death. the first death your spirit is seperated from your body, the second death your spirit is seperated from God who created it and everything good and pleasant in the world.
What's good and pleasant in this world? If you find it, let me know.

Reactions: Ani198
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
I want it to be eternal nothingness

Reactions: Gonjoolie, Lostandlooking and Pookie
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
The pedophile priests and imams say no

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
Death is just like the way it was before your birth. Technically you were dead before your birth, too.

Unless there is heaven or hell, I don't know about that.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Technically you were dead before your birth, too.
Einstein_1921_by_F_Schmutzer_-_restoration.jpg

N.Tesla.JPG

Georgiana Darcy

Georgiana Darcy

Feb 11, 2021
I'm exhausted all the time and wish I could never wake up. I have never died so I have no idea what it's like but I often wonder if passing away is the same or different from never waking up. When I'm asleep, besides dreams, I don't have to deal with all the chaos in my life. No one is begging for somehtjng or more work or my time. But then I wake up. I wonder if dying is like sleeping but you just never have to wake up.
I think you consciousness lingers on for a little while after you passed away (that´s why people often report to see or talk to their deceased loves ones). But after some time, we just become one with the universe again, tranquil and peaceful. We are literally star dust and will become star dust again after leaving our mortal coil.

At least that´s what I hope.
I think you consciousness lingers on for a little while after you passed away (that´s why people often report to see or talk to their deceased loves ones). But after some time, we just become one with the universe again, tranquil and peaceful. We are literally star dust and will become star dust again after leaving our mortal coil.

At least that´s what I hope.

Reactions: TooMuchToBear