Mage
Feb 18, 2019
How is it different than this one?

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Redt2go, lemmeeleev and 1 other person
Kirkscoobz

Kirkscoobz

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
You have to be over 50 and pay a subscription I think.

Reactions: Redt2go and Boochky
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
Are the post contents similar?
I would guess it is verrrrrry different. More people will be old and facing a terminal illness. Fewer will be depressed. They just want to die due to illness, or maybe even just get prepared in case they succumb to an illness in the future.

I would also guess it is more heavily moderated so there is less variety in content, no fighting, etc.

Just guesses though!

Reactions: Donewith_, Kirkscoobz, odette and 1 other person
Kirkscoobz

Kirkscoobz

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
I would guess it is verrrrrry different. More people will be old and facing a terminal illness. Fewer will be depressed. They just want to die due to illness, or maybe even just get prepared in case they succumb to an illness in the future.

I would also guess it is more heavily moderated so there is less variety in content, no fighting, etc.

Just guesses though!

So true that,
Unlike here wear all options are open and can be discussed which is good.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
So true that,
Unlike here wear all options are open and can be discussed which is good.
Sometimes I worry about what I read here though. I think I'd trust the formal forums more in regards to what method is painless and things like that since they do filter who they allow on.

With more anonymous forums like this, I worry about people using an account as a creative writing exercise and giving false or inaccurate information about methods. I haven't seen anything this extreme but somebody could even make a completely fictional post here saying they set themselves on fire for 30 seconds then jumped in a tub of water because they were just practicing and wanted to survive, with a detailed description of how being on fire didn't hurt at all and it made them hallucinate happy unicorns. Of course there's no way to fact check and some people could take the post seriously and try to ctb by setting themselves on fire based on that post. There's enough actual research done by scientists about opiates and barbiturates not being painful, but for things like drowning and hanging there are already so many mixed messages ranging from euphoric to excruciatingly painful to totally neutral.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donewith_