B

BredInTheDark

Jun 1, 2023
I feel like I have a moral obligation to CTB, I've always naturally gravitated towards more extreme methods of solving issues. A few months ago I watched a movie with quite a provocative title about a diverse group of activists that by some miracle is already on Netflix UK. If you know what I'm on about, you know what I'm on about. I've gone so far as trying to plan out hiding spots for the necessary ingredients and looking for a certain banned cookbook online. I feel like it's the more moral option for my friends to mourn "My friend who CTB'd" rather than have to deal with "My friend, the eco-terrorist." I'm just wandering if I'm alone in this type of situation or if anybody else here is in a similar one

• Love
Reactions: lachrymost, AntHills and Tears_From_Nirvana
Tears_From_Nirvana

Tears_From_Nirvana

Seeking Fantastic Exit
May 21, 2023
No for real!! I fantasize about this so much, for me its related almost always to climate change. even if im too depressed to actually make a radical difference at least suicide will destroy one addition to pollution / overpopulation

Reactions: lachrymost
AntHills

AntHills

Degenerate
Aug 31, 2022
Different circumstances, but I definitely feel morally obligated to CTB. I'm not worth the time, space, oxygen, or tax money that I (would) occupy, and the world will go on without me. My death will definitely carry an emotional toll for some of the people in my life, but they're certainly not helping me to improve my situation despite knowing damn well that I'm legitimately incapable of doing it alone.

O

Oblomov

Aug 27, 2023
Different circumstances, but I definitely feel morally obligated to CTB. I'm not worth the time, space, oxygen, or tax money that I (would) occupy, and the world will go on without me. My death will definitely carry an emotional toll for some of the people in my life, but they're certainly not helping me to improve my situation despite knowing damn well that I'm legitimately incapable of doing it alone.
People are selfish, that's for sure. What's worse is that they would probably call you selfish for attempting suicide, after ignoring your distress signals.

Reactions: Teleftaía Anapnoí
shadow_moses

shadow_moses

May 9, 2023
It's hard to live in a reality where people dont care about the environment. Humans are naturally suicidal through violence and pollution. I understand being frustrated with the lack of change. I hope the world will get better, but I dont care about being around for it

AntHills

AntHills

Degenerate
Aug 31, 2022
People are selfish, that's for sure. What's worse is that they would probably call you selfish for attempting suicide, after ignoring your distress signals.
Ironically enough, that has already happened before. The first time I attempted was over a year ago, and my life has been an uphill battle ever since because everybody treated me like an asshole for wanting to CTB, so now I can't even trust my family to be supportive when I want to talk about it. Any chance I had of recovery is pretty much gone because anybody that I open up to is either going to treat me like shit or have me admitted into a hospital, and I'm not going to let either of those things happen.

lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
I hate that I was born and therefore forced to be a moral agent. It's impossible to live without exploiting other people and animals in some way. And anyway, I'm extremely overwhelmed by ethics and find it impossible to decipher what's actually moral. (I know some will think this is a cop out, but it's a serious source of angst for me.) Just kill me.