fatiguecentral

fatiguecentral

Mar 20, 2021
I don't have social anxiety and have found success in forming relationships throughout my life.

However, I really enjoy and prefer being by myself, or among nature and animals. I spend many days at a time not interacting with anyone but I never feel lonely.

I have withdrawn a lot more since my mental spiral, but I feel quite happy on my own.

Is anyone else a socially competent yet extreme introvert/hermit like me?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, Callie Arcale and WornOutLife
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Yeah, I think I'm similar. I can do what I need to in order to get by day to day around and interacting with other people, but it takes a toll being around them for too long due to cptsd. It means that most of my interactions are with strangers and I am wary of making connections with people. All that means I am mostly alone, but I don't mind it as it's a lot less stressful for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale and fatiguecentral
fatiguecentral

fatiguecentral

Mar 20, 2021
@signifying nothing Thank you for your message. I also have cPTSD and I think it is also probably why I withdraw from people. I get stressed out when people want to bond closer with me. I relate to everything you've said.

Reactions: LastFlowers, Callie Arcale and signifying nothing
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I love being alone too. I don't feel really lonely but...sometimes, I would like to have someone to hug while being in my bed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale and fatiguecentral
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I can relate. I have always been introverted and find people generally exhausting. I always have a need to isolate myself after being around people for a certain amount of time. I wouldn't really say I'm socially anxious as I have had friends in the past but I just don't have the energy or interest and I never get lonely.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers, Callie Arcale and fatiguecentral
poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
Yes! I don't have social anxiety and I consider myself to be a healthy mix of introverted and extroverted.
The reason I'm so isolated is because of trust issues and fear of abandonment. I'm very good at small talk and making superficial friendships, but I seem to be incapable of forming meaningful bonds and deeper relationships.
I'm afraid of making myself vulnerable to a potential friend, so I avoid real friendships altogether.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, LastFlowers, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I suffer from anxiety but not social anxiety. Up until a few years ago, before my health deteriorated really bad, I still had a somewhat active social life.

Now I am consumed and overwhelmed by my health issues to the point that I prefer to be alone. I have neither the will nor the interest to engage in social interactions. My life is over and I am watching the days go by until death claims me.

So I'm used to being lonely. Loneliness has almost become a... friend. I guess that's inevitable when you spend a lot of time by yourself: you end up allowing loneliness to keep you company.

Last edited:
Reactions: eternalmelancholy
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
I suffer from anxiety but not social anxiety. Up until a few years ago, before my health deteriorated really bad, I still had a somewhat active social life.

Now I am consumed and overwhelmed by my health issues to the point that I prefer to be alone. I have neither the will nor the interest to engage in social interactions. My life is over and I am watching the days go by until death claims me.

So I'm used to being lonely. Loneliness has almost become a... friend. I guess that's inevitable when you spend a lot of time by yourself: you end up allowing loneliness to keep you company.

I could have wrote this myself. I have general anxiety and distrust of others due to years of abuse. I rather just be alone. My body has began to fall apart despite my young-ish age. So I cannot enjoy normal activities even if I wanted to. Not to mention the lack of money to even pursue these hobbies in the first place.

Just stuck in this limbo period before I ctb. Living sucks but dying is hard. There are no easy days.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I would say I am socially competent but still socially anxious as well, and isolated.
I'm not naturally socially awkward, but because of my discomfort with my situation and the way society has treated me, I may come across that way.
I suspect I may have been more of an extrovert than I seem, if my life (and physical body) had played out differently.
But regardless, I believe I would still require a lot of time alone, I think we are most ourselves that way, our essence is mostly unadulterated when away from others, but if it's forced-with no way out, then it doesn't feel as freeing as it normally should feel.

S

Stargazer100

Student
May 25, 2021
I'm not introverted nor axious, I want to be social. But I just don't connect with anyone over anything, so I barely meet new people and when it happens it's rarely someone who I connect with.