C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
....not getting notifications for all the threads that they have made posts in.

I'm not and just don't want to be ignorant if people have quoted me etc and were after a reply!!

guess its due to the changes made to the site?

EDIt i might be, but definately a few posts are made ,rather than the last person to post. is that normal i never noticed it before?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WinterFaust, not-2-b-the-answer, KleinerWolf and 3 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I haven't noticed.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
i just noticed someone had replied in a thread i had posted in and i didn't get a notification until quite a few posts later.

I'm not sure if its always been that way to be fair? just i noticed a minute ago and wondered if it was like this before the new look

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Notifications have been a bit wonky for some time now. It's not just you or anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: WinterFaust, Dreamless Sleep, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Someone quoted one of my posts today and I didn't get a notification for it. That's the first time it's happened to me.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Notifications have been a bit wonky for some time now. It's not just you or anything.

i only just noticed, i mean i signed in before and had 105, notifications i was like :ohh:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Brick In The Wall and Deleted member 4993
D

Deleted member 4993

It's been wonky for me this evening and not before

• Hugs
Reactions: Busdriver, not-2-b-the-answer, Wisdom3_1-9 and 3 others
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
guess it may be due to the site having the new changes. i was just thinking because sometimes its a conversation and might seem like i'm being ignorant when i'm not!

but now i'm getting notifications for this thread ok lol

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Brick In The Wall
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I have noticed before that you will sometimes stop receiving notifications for threads you haven't checked in a while. That's what the "There may be more posts after this" part is for. At least, that's how it's been for me.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I have noticed before that you will sometimes stop receiving notifications for threads you haven't checked in a while. That's what the "There may be more posts after this" part is for. At least, that's how it's been for me.

I thought the idea of the notifications is so you can check the threads!! maybe if you don't post in them for a while you don't get as many notifications??????

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I thought the idea of the notifications is so you can check the threads!! maybe if you don't post in them for a while you don't get as many notifications??????
I think it's if you don't click on that thread in a while.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I think it's if you don't click on that thread in a while.

my thinking way you got a notification every time someone posted something new in a thread. when it said 'there may be other posts' i assumed as the notifications were sent other people had then posted? guess it might not work like that though, from what you are saying!

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
my thinking way you got a notification every time someone posted something new in a thread. when it said 'there may be other posts' i assumed as the notifications were sent other people had then posted? guess it might not work like that though, from what you are saying!
That's exactly how I think it works yes, but if you don't bother to check then you eventually stop getting notifications for that thread besides reactions.

I could be wrong though. :/

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
That's exactly how I think it works yes, but if you don't bother to check then you eventually stop getting notifications for that thread besides reactions.

I could be wrong though. :/

I go through them all lol i had 105 before and so i didn't that time. i started too, but then realised i had already seen them the day before!!!!!! Passingby accounted for 104 i think lmao

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Dr Iron Arc
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Yes, I've noticed some weird things with notifications today as well. Overall, I do like the changes, although I've only been on my phone and haven't seen the full site version yet.

Reactions: checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Yes, I've noticed some weird things with notifications today as well. Overall, I do like the changes, although I've only been on my phone and haven't seen the full site version yet.

I liked but i've changed it back to the older version but dark. the new version blue and black was good (not too keen on the person with head in their hands on the black version). i just couldn't be bothered trying to get used to it, at least for the moment!

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I agree with @Brick In The Wall ... this has been going on for a long time. People have mentioned not getting Notifications on likes or when you are quoted. I think those are the two most important. Notifications when someone else has replied to a post or thread isn't a big deal since you can click on your Watched threads to check on anything you haven't received a notification for.
Also as others have mentioned ... I don't think you get notifications on threads you haven't checked for a while.
:wink:

• Hugs
Reactions: WinterFaust and Brick In The Wall
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I agree with @Brick In The Wall ... this has been going on for a long time. People have mentioned not getting Notifications on likes or when you are quoted. I think those are the two most important. Notifications when someone else has replied to a post or thread isn't a big deal since you can click on your Watched threads to check on anything you haven't received a notification for.
Also as others have mentioned ... I don't think you get notifications on threads you haven't checked for a while.
:wink:

i didn't even know you could click on watched thread, didn't even know it existed lol. I've not got a bloody clue whats going on by sound of things lol

• Hugs
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
i didn't even know you could click on watched thread, didn't even know it existed lol. I've not got a bloody clue whats going on by sound of things lol
That's ok ... I've been on here for over 2 years and I probably don't know everything. :wink:

Reactions: checkouttime