• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I believe that America is very uncultured. It doesn't have its own culture, just materialism, capitalism, consumerism, selfishness, and greed. It seems to have no culture or class. It's not high-class. If anything, it's the opposite.

Last edited:
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
It seems to be very uncultured. It doesn't have its own culture, just materialism, capitalism, consumerism, selfishness, and greed. It's not high-class. If anything, it's the opposite.
People can be Americans without knowing the outside world. That's really something. It has access to everything it needs. They have all sorts of funny hobbies not possible elsewhere. I think I might want to be a prepper thinking it really works.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
America could use some of this (European high culture)

Adûnâi said:
This is actually another point where I disagree with the Nazis - I usually cannot stand classical/romantic music. I do like some baroque pieces such as by Tommaso Albinoni and Jean-Baptiste Lully... Actually, I apparently enjoy baroque, oops! Chopin's march at Brezhnev's funeral is marvelous, too. But overall, I agree - I hate most of it. And that would make me a destroyer of the European high culture?
People can be Americans without knowing the outside world. That's really something. It has access to everything it needs. They have all sorts of funny hobbies not possible elsewhere. I think I might want to be a prepper thinking it really works.
Wdym? America seems to be a land for innovation and entrepreneurs rather than a place of culture and class.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homo erectus
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
america is a melting pot. no particular 'culture'. not sure why you'd want it shoved down your throat if they had one.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
america is a melting pot. no particular 'culture'. not sure why you'd want it shoved down your throat if they had one.
I guess I just wrote a scathing review of America, but I always liked European high culture…I feel like it's very classy and sophisticated. America, on the other hand, is low-class.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
ok but what if you were born low class? the upper ones will never accept you right? i always felt a lot of snobbishness from there

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
ok but what if you were born low class? the upper ones will never accept you right? i always felt a lot of snobbishness from there
I don't know, I mean that I like European high culture (art, classical music, classical literature, food etc). America has nothing on that level to show for itself (although it does have some good literature and art) because it's mainly a place for tech and entrepreneurship.

Last edited:
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
As someone else said, it's a melting pot. It has many cultures. Just all depends on which state you're in. Louisiana is very different from Washington state, etc.

Even in California, from what I understand, Northern and Southern California are very different.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
As someone else said, it's a melting pot. It has many cultures. Just all depends on which state you're in. Louisiana is very different from Washington state, etc.

Even in California, from what I understand, Northern and Southern California are very different.
I guess, but the culture still isn't high-class though. I'm from New York and I guess it's cultured for America, but not for around the world.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
High culture is only for a small number of people. People think of Europe in things like castles, palaces and ancient towns, but average people don't live there or do those things. I think, compared to many countries, the high culture in America is relatively accessible to average people in museums, theaters, operas, galleries, concert halls and fashions. America is rich. The top orchestras, operas, and designers are very famous. It is not an old country. It's unfair to look for European stuff there. It's a test-bed for futuristic idea, like pop-art, AI.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I guess, but the culture still isn't high-class though. I'm from New York and I guess it's cultured for America, but not for around the world.
I suppose. A lot of my favorite movies, music, and TV shows come from America, but I'm not sure if people would consider my taste in media to be "high class".

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
High culture is only for a small number of people. People think of Europe in things like castles, palaces and ancient towns, but average people don't live there or do those things. I think, compared to many countries, the high culture in America is relatively accessible to average people in museums, theaters, operas, galleries, concert halls and fashions. America is rich. The top orchestras, operas, and designers are very famous. It is not an old country. It's unfair to look for European stuff there. It's a test-bed for futuristic idea, like pop-art, AI.
I guess high culture is pretty accessible where I'm from, but it's still mainly made from the Europeans of old, and not Americans. I guess I'm part of the intelligentsia. America may be rich, but money doesn't buy class though. Just look at Kim Kardashian 😂 Yeah, I agree that America is a test-bed for futuristic ideas, like AI and stuff. There's a lot of science and tech innovation, it's a place to make new scientific discoveries

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I guess high culture is pretty accessible where I'm from, but it's still mainly made from the Europeans of old, and not Americans. I guess I'm part of the intelligentsia. America may be rich, but money doesn't buy class though. Just look at Kim Kardashian 😂 Yeah, I agree that America is a test-bed for futuristic ideas, like AI and stuff. There's a lot of science and tech innovation, it's a place to make new scientific discoveris
I guess the selling point of America is the elimination of classes. Everyone is equal. Most people went to America for better life, to escape suppression and persecution. On the whole, it is still a safe place for average people, and a land of hope. On top of that, if people want to enjoy the high European culture they miss, they can still find it in America. Japan perhaps is one of the few places outside Europe with a "high culture", but it's less accessible for most people in the world.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
We are oozing culture

Rosner-Fast-Food-Trump.jpg

M

mars_b4rz

Mar 2, 2023
I've never been to America nor am I related in anyway to America (apart from early European colonisation) but as someone who comes from Australia, I think many people underestimate the influence that America has on the world.

Australia is just sucking of america at this point lmao. It's enterprised, the social media influence is insane to the point in which my accent has gone from relatively a non-descript sydney-sider accent to this weird hybrid of shit mix American Aussie jargon. The only difference is our economy is smaller and we're full of migrants lol
I've never been to America nor am I related in anyway to America (apart from early European colonisation) but as someone who comes from Australia, I think many people underestimate the influence that America has on the world.

Australia is just sucking of america at this point lmao. It's enterprised, the social media influence is insane to the point in which my accent has gone from relatively a non-descript sydney-sider accent to this weird hybrid of shit mix American Aussie jargon. The only difference is our economy is smaller and we're full of migrants lol

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I suspect most countries pick up a reputation that probably doesn't reflect them very well. America is huge. I suspect like everywhere, there are pockets of culture. You have museums, art galleries, concert halls, libraries right? That's all culture. It's just whether you choose to visit them.

I have a horrible feeling that everywhere is becoming the same pretty much. Humans might like nature but they also like shopping for cheap crap and eating fast food. So, chain stores are everywhere.

People seem to have ideas that the UK is all oldy worldy and it is in places but most of it is becoming the same. One high street looks a lot like another.

I suspect our educations were fairly similar too. People assume all English people speak with the Queen's or, I suppose the King's posh English too. My accent is horrible! Lol.

Plus, with how everyone is moving around in the world, I expect most places are a whole mix of cultures now. Some high, some low.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Not sure I understand the question…
The Kennedy's are about the closest we have to American aristocracy.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Probably yes but not as strongly defined or as old but english influence along with its own unoque twist
I believe that America is very uncultured. It doesn't have its own culture, just materialism, capitalism, consumerism, selfishness, and greed. It seems to have no culture or class. It's not high-class. If anything, it's the opposite.
what makes you say that?