lopbunny

lopbunny

Jan 24, 2021
I have heard about some people committing suicide by taking sleeping pills and wanted to know if anyone here has attempted this way and thought it to be painless (or any other type of pill that is easy to obtain, pls provide the name).

I am planning on finally committing suicide soon but I'm too much of a coward to take SN or hang myself. At least with an overdose the idea of taking pills is comfortable bc I'm on meds so I take them normally anyway. I just want a way to fade away peacefully. The biggest reason I have yet to commit suicide is bc I am terrified of pain and my pain threshold is close to nothing but I really want to just not be here anymore. I can't do this anymore, I'm so so so sick of living everyday and hating myself and my life and wondering why I'm even still here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary
T

TheGreatEscape

Mar 1, 2020
Sorry but this is not an effective method, at least for any sleeping pill available OTC.

Reactions: lopbunny, LifeQuitter2018, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
This was one of my methods of choice a long time ago and I'm glad I never went through with it. 1. its painful 2. you'll most likely survive and just wake up covered in vomit. 3. getting your stomach pumped is awful.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, lopbunny, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I think it would depend on the medication.

FWIW, I stacked alcohol with Trazadone, and it was a rough ride. I triggered a syndrome called Torsades de Pointes, and my heart did its best impression of a machine gun.

At the time, I thought it was actually a bit funny because I didn't plan on OD'ing, but it's hard to stay calm when your heart is racing at a million miles an hour.

• Aww..
Reactions: lopbunny and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
L

laserfocus111

Student
Feb 11, 2020
painless, yes.

Effective and reliable method to ctb? maybe not..

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, lopbunny and UseItOrLoseIt
achillescomedown

achillescomedown

Mar 21, 2021
I think it's quite painless if you succeed, but highly unreliable. You never know how much of the chemicals your body ingests, what your lethal threshold is, when your body will make itself vomit even though you're unconscious, how your body will react to the stress of trying to die... Instead of dying from your cardiovascular muscles relaxing too much under the influence of the meds you took, you may die of asphyxiation because of vomit blocking your breathing path, which is maybe not the way you want to CTB. There are a lot of 'maybes' in that story. There have been celebrity deaths of whom it's not sure whether they died accidentally or wilfully because they ingested a massive mix of sleeping meds, anti anxiety meds, alcohol etc at the same time, so like a mix of chemicals may be lethal as well, but also very toxic, which means you may throw everything up again and you may live, which defeats the original purpose of dying and you may have permanent internal damage. So, yea, very unreliable. I see the appeal, however.

Reactions: lopbunny, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and UseItOrLoseIt
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I drank like 70 pills on my last attempt. Fell asleep like a baby. Then woke up intubated three days later.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, lopbunny, gtrfvr and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
painless, yes.

Effective and reliable method to ctb? maybe not..
Not necessarily painless. See my reply. It depends on the pill you're taking.

Reactions: lopbunny
C

Crusader

● I do not live ● ● I exist ●
Mar 6, 2021

"Is a sleeping pill overdose painless?" Not only painless, but also useless.

• Yay!
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and GenesAndEnvironment
Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
As other users already pointed out, the specific method is an almost certain failure.
But taking SN should not be much different or harder, you simply ingest it, while the outcome is an almost certain success (provided you follow the right steps outlined in the Stan's Guide).

There is no magic pill.
But SN is as close to it as it gets.

Reactions: lopbunny, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Crusader