• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

alice-jane

alice-jane

Apr 22, 2018
I am trying to find the least painful way. I am an ex-alcoholic and will plan to drink until drunk, then jump. I am too lazy and depressed to arrange a will or to write a note. The only thing I will miss is my cat. But my roommate loves her and will take care of her.

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
As Cyanide mentioned, it isn't a 100% method and never will be because of something called terminal velocity.
However, if you do jump from a bridge you will drown if you don't die from the impact.

Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
For me, yes. The bridge I've chosen is the same, no one has survived and it's of similar height. The only thing I can find when it comes to jumpers that survive is that they went feet first.
Also as far as I'm concerned there are no 100% full proof methods. There are all kind of miracle stories for times people should have died. There's always a risk that something won't go as planned. That someone that should have never been there shows up and interrupt a plan.

Reactions: GravityUtilizer
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
What is making me worry for you is the getting drunk. If you're an ex-alcoholic, get drunk and survive for whatever reason, then you face the uphill battle of getting sober again. :hug:

I know it may seem incidental but please rethink throwing it away, even for the slightest chances. I've undone over a decade of hard work and, if I don't ctb, I'm in for a hell of a road back which is just going to add to what I have to do. Getting to a better place after depression and being suicidal is hard enough but fighting addiction is worse.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I would say it also depends on whether it is deep water, the time of day (daytime vs nighttime), and of course, weather conditions (rainy, sunny, windy clear day, etc.). During a rainy day, I would expect there would be less people willing to save someone from drowning or have a harder time doing so (as it increases the risk for the rescuer). As for night time, you are under the cover of darkness, which makes it easier to not be seen. Whatever method you choose, I hope you find peace. :hug:

P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
For me, yes. The bridge I've chosen is the same, no one has survived and it's of similar height. The only thing I can find when it comes to jumpers that survive is that they went feet first.
Also as far as I'm concerned there are no 100% full proof methods. There are all kind of miracle stories for times people should have died. There's always a risk that something won't go as planned. That someone that should have never been there shows up and interrupt a plan.
Which bridge is that?

Playlainin

Playlainin

Jul 20, 2020
I've been leaning towards jumping in my head but I'm still so undecided. Wish I could make a decisive decision

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge is the second most popular jump site in the world. It is 245 ft (75 m) high. You hit the water at a speed of 75 mph (121 km/h).

34 people have survived it.

Nothing is a sure bet.

Reactions: FriendofDeath
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Alcohol increases the chance of surviving impacts because you don't tense your body. This is an old thread though. If the OP has already jumped I hope they found peace.

X

xaea13

Student
Jul 13, 2020
Sort of related, is a 186-ft jump onto concrete a safe bet? I know I wouldn't hit terminal velocity, but the statistics I've read estimate it would be 95-98% effective. If I chose this height and had a straight fall onto concrete, how crucial would it be for me to land headfirst?