D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Look at pharmaruined's elixir in this thread I'm going to give it a try because it makes sense to me also in line with what you said.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/your-honest-opinion-about-my-situation.55750/#post-1023212
Thank you. I've copied that recipe out to a word doc. It does indeed seem to be in line with my thinking, just a bit more involved. My research has also concluded that such a protocol has the potential to be only temporary, that dysbiosis can be cured as long as you don't do anything further to eviscerate the gut biome.
Much obliged to you for pointing it out, I must have missed that one! :happy:

Reactions: Deleted member 94
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Thank you. I've copied that recipe out to a word doc. It does indeed seem to be in line with my thinking, just a bit more involved. My research has also concluded that such a protocol has the potential to be only temporary, that dysbiosis can be cured as long as you don't do anything further to eviscerate the gut biome.
Much obliged to you for pointing it out, I must have missed that one! :happy:
What is your take on the scd diet? Would you follow it as long term solution?

I've read research which suggested a good and bad shift in gut microbiome in infants depending on what solid foods were introduced to them. We should ban all processed foods. I was always going to suffer because my mom told me I didn't take to breastfeeding and this is very important to infants gut microbiome.

How are you going about to increase butyric acid in your gut. What protocol are you using.

Last edited:
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I have this problem too, I had lots of blood tests to rule out inflammation, gluten allergies, h-pylori bacteria, etc, as well as a scan. The only thing that helps with my stomach pain is taking peppermint capsules with a coating on them, and even then that's not a fix all. Doctors only wanted to give me anti enemics when I wasn't throwing up, I have just been in pain for 2 years! Such diagnoses like IBS are basically a, "sorry, we don't know!" cop out.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I have this problem too, I had lots of blood tests to rule out inflammation, gluten allergies, h-pylori bacteria, etc, as well as a scan. The only thing that helps with my stomach pain is taking peppermint capsules with a coating on them, and even then that's not a fix all. Doctors only wanted to give me anti enemics when I wasn't throwing up, I have just been in pain for 2 years! Such diagnoses like IBS are basically a, "sorry, we don't know!" cop out.
Looked into scd diet at all? People say it's cured them from IBS, sibo, psoriasis and loads of other stuff

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Looked into scd diet at all? People say it's cured them from IBS, sibo, psoriasis and loads of other stuff
I've tried some dieting like FODMAP but it was nearly impossible to follow and I wasn't seeing any improvements, I think having ptsd and chronic fatigue has likely played a role in how severe my IBS is

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I've tried some dieting like FODMAP but it was nearly impossible to follow and I wasn't seeing any improvements, I think having ptsd and chronic fatigue has likely played a role in how severe my IBS is
Yes it does one is cause and the other an effect. Your brain tells your gut to release toxins if you keep stressing yourself. You have to be diligent when following the scd diet it's less restrictive than fodmaps diet. If you make 24 hour yogurt right when you start it as part of the introductory diet you will reap lot of rewards. The website I will tell you about is called breakingtheviciouscycle and pecanbread also nomorecrohnsforme. Have a look. It's all about getting your gut microbiome balance back. I'm really sorry you are suffering perhaps this will help.

The ancient Greek had a saying a healthy body leads to a healthy mind. The opposite is also true that an unhealthy body leads to an unhealthy mind.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
What is your take on the scd diet? Would you follow it as long term solution?

I've read research which suggested a good and bad shift in gut microbiome in infants depending on what solid foods were introduced to them. We should ban all processed foods. I was always going to suffer because my mom told me I didn't take to breastfeeding and this is very important to infants gut microbiome.

How are you going about to increase butyric acid in your gut. What protocol are you using.
I would be unlikely to follow any specifically restrictive diet, but I would take information from one. Aspects of the SCD diet sound reasonable - I think it's just common sense to restrict junk carbs as much as possible and get carbs from shit loads of vegetables. I haven't yet researched SCD, but I have looked into LCHF/keto and low FODMAP. Both too restrictive for me right now, but I haven't ruled them out.

Processed foods are indeed the enemy. Easy, fast, cheap, addictive, nutrient poor carbs. You know it is shit when the have to start 'fortifying' it with vitamins. I suspect the best overall diet may be what we were evolved to consume before cultural evolution and the Neolithic revolution led us to heavy agriculture. So a Mesolithic hunter/gatherer diet based on fresh seasonal produce. I guess some call this Paleo (though technically it might better be called Meso). Ideally, I'd avoid anything that comes in a packet and/or anything with a contents list.
However, I'm not that great and I'm still eating a bit of junk because it's convenient. I have, however, been moving further and further away from that kind of food. I'm taking it slowly and learning as i go rather than jumping into something I'd find hard to manage.

I'm not using any protocol, I'm winging it. I'm taking good prebiotics, experimenting with probiotics, foods rich in butyric acid too. I'm hoping this should provide a healthy amount of butyrate for the epithelial cell walls of the colon to have the best chance they can have to heal.

But really, I'm making it up on the fly from what sounds logical to me based on my understanding of human digestive physiology.

Last edited:
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I want to try foods rich in butyric acid can you give me example especially fruits and vegetables.
Oh and scd isn't very restrictive you can still have some stuff available in your supermarket or deli which is convenient sometimes other times you will be cooking but there are 90 second recipes also.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Anything that promotes the prebiotic/probiotic thing to happen and produce butyric acid as a result.

So, high fibre fruits/veg, fructooligosaccharides (FOS): fruits and vegetables, including bananas, onions, garlic, and asparagus
Resistant starch: cooked and cooled rice, potatoes and green bananas. Pectin: apples, apricots, carrots, oranges.

Butter. It gets it's name from butyrate. Actually, butter contains it's precursor, tributyrin. Diary products generally. Ghee.

I supplement with Inulin plus artichokes, garlic, leeks, onions, and asparagus (which are high in inulin). Inulin is a prebiotic, so helps in butyric acid production.

You can use a butyrate supplement I believe, especially if you are on a low carb diet, but I've not looked into that.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
What do you think about loads of probiotics being killed by stomach acids before even reaching the colon to colonize.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
What do you think about loads of probiotics being killed by stomach acids before even reaching the colon to colonize.
The cheap shit ones are yes. There are better supplements but there are so many different strains, it take experimentation. I'm not entirely certain if they survive into the gut, but the more expensive supplements say they do.

Upon reflection, it may be worth finding some research that supports their claim when choosing a supplement.

Or you could just use fermented stuff, kombucha, kefir and the like.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
The only thing I've been able to ascertain is that you need to take them with resistant starch foods like cooled rice to give them a coating.

Taking it this way provides them with a chance of more of them making it through the stomach.

People making probiotics really need to put them in enteric coated capsules.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
The only thing I've been able to ascertain is that you need to take them with resistant starch foods like cooled rice to give them a coating.

Taking it this way provides them with a chance of more of them making it through the stomach.

People making probiotics really need to put them in enteric coated capsules.
Here is what I'm currently trying

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Here is what I'm currently trying
Any joy with them all the pharmacist here carry these but would love your feedback.