S

SN;)

I never asked to be born in the first place
Apr 12, 2024
My psychiatrist wants to put me in the hospital. I'm going to see her weekly currently. She wants to get me there more frequently. I'm not sure, if I go there and don't break down in front of her, does she, or when does she have a right to hospitalize me involuntarily? My region is Hungary. My diagnosis is depression, insomnia and paranoid schizophrenia.

I mean if she just says well, I think I need to take you in to hospital to oversee your medication, and I say no because I have a workplace to attend to, can she force me to sleep in the hospital and miss work?

zaxxy1810

zaxxy1810

Jul 30, 2024
With this diagnosis, the psychiatrist can by law determine the measure of compulsory hospitalization if it is induced that the patient may harm himself or others.

N

nobob

Aug 9, 2024
The European declaration of human rights makes exceptions for people like us with schizophrenia and they can pretty much do whatever they want. I would recommend that you ask her about it directly, no harm should come from that, at least from my experience it is safe to talk directly about that and it usually clears things up.