N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
The thing is my outer appearance is not really the issue. My brain that becomes paranoid when I meet a woman ruins it. Some women still gave me a chance but the stigma was too much. I ruined my last chance with a woman because of that. And I think I will or already have ruined another chance. The other woman is also mentally ill I hope she understands it better. To be honest I have the feeling I almost already ruined it again. I might meet her again after the holidays. I am a little bit scared I tend to overthink things on an insane level. Even pathologically.

I think focus on outer appearance is a little bit superficial but it is the first thing one notices. I am very thin and some women like that. I might look slightly above average (?). Some women told me I look (very) good.

Some steps which I have done so far. I had serious issues with scall in my hair. I bought a medical anti-scall shampoo which fixed the issue. I also care more about hygiene in general now.

I bought me some NIke shoes which look extremely good (in my opinion) but they only costed like 60 bucks which is insane. (they were new)

I slightly inspired my style of Lil Peep but not the very daring outfits. Bought me new clothes. I would like to elaborate more but I am too scared of being identified.

From my outer appearance I hate my teeth the most. But I won't spend a couple thousand to fix them. My outer appearance is not the main reason why I have no success with women.

I have bought some gimmicks that might make women curious about me. Once a woman was interested in me because I had a Death Note phone case.

On the one hand I think a woman should not start to like me because my fucking Nike shoes look good. It is also unfair for poor people. On the other hand this is our human nature and I also try to express my personality over how look. Okay now I say it. I have glasses. And I don't want to change to contact lenses or even have an operation. With my glasses I rather look like an intellectual. And me being considered a semi-intellectual is charming for my ego. Sadly I am not smart enough and not educated enough. But I am very articulate and sometimes women like that. However I rather feel like chatGPT. Like a fraud. I am good at sounding smart but I don't have very deep knowldege on things. But at least I am deep.

Moreover I hated to make the lenses in my eyes. I really hated that feeling. I feel very comfortable with my glasses.

Recently a very hot woman kind of complimented me. On that day I was very depressed and it helped to lift my mood. But what does this matter if my brain always ruins it.

Any more tips and tricks? I always try to consider the ratio between how much it improves my style and how much it actually costs. I don't spend insanely much on one piece of clothing. I would never buy something like Gucci, Rolex or Balenciaga. I also would not have enough money for that anyway.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Abandoned Character, Passersby, Forever Sleep and 3 others
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
How do you mean that?
In my experience you must be clear about what you want with the girl first. If your goal is simply to meet a sexual partner, then the more you attract attention the better. And I mean seriously getting attention, meaning what others think is ridiculous, you're fine (as long as you don't draw attention in a way that makes your appearance say: "LOOK AT ME I'M A VIRGIN!!"). If what you want is a bride, then look nice and elegant. Those small details like shoes, a good watch, haircut, people underestimate them but they are gold.
mystery.jpg
For example, look at this guy with his ridiculous appearance... do you think he draws attention?... well yes, and for his purpose it's a good sign, that's what he wants. It's like the equivalent of a peacock's tail.

• Informative
Reactions: noname223
D

Desp

Nov 27, 2023
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: edu0z and noname223
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Losing weight is usually the best way to boost attractiveness and it's free. Get a moisturizer too.

This book, The System by Doc Love, should also help you with dating.

Please don't do this. Why on Earth would you consult a man for dating advice on how to impress a woman?

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and bebebeep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Glasses can be really attractive. A guy I had a huge crush on had glasses but they really suited him.

I'm not sure caring for your appearance is always a bad thing either- it shows you respect yourself. It probably can show that you respect the other person too. I only really bothered with my appearance for a short period when I fancied someone.

I don't think it's exactly lieing about who you are if you like what you've bought. A guy I knew did lie to get women. He used to say he was some big executive in the company we worked for and he borrowed his friends Mercedes for a picture on his profile. Still- if a woman is going to so obviously go for money- maybe they deserve the lesson! Good luck though.

• Love
Reactions: noname223
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Fitness and skin care go a long way. A basic facial moisturizer like CeraVe PM or their daily moisturizing lotion works great. I'm even experimenting with foundation/tint as a guy, but that's not an official recommendation. It's more of a curiosity/desperation thing that I'm trying because I like it, but I know that no one will ever like me. Also you could try teeth whitening trays if that's a concern. You can get them custom made at the dentist or with a mail-in kit for a reasonable price and then you just need to buy whitening gel which is cheap.
A guy I knew did lie to get women. He used to say he was some big executive in the company we worked for and he borrowed his friends Mercedes for a picture on his profile. Still- if a woman is going to so obviously go for money- maybe they deserve the lesson! Good luck though.
That is pathetic, people like that ruin the dating market. But yes, it's also a stupid reason to be attracted to someone.

• Informative
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Celerity, noname223 and 1 other person
D

Desp

Nov 27, 2023
Please don't do this. Why on Earth would you consult a man for dating advice on how to impress a woman?
"THOUSANDS of students have benefitted from the work of Doc Love who interviewed thousands of women asking the question: "Why do you CHOOSE to STAY with one man vs. another?" What Doc learned from women is taught to men!"

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
"THOUSANDS of students have benefitted from the work of Doc Love who interviewed thousands of women asking the question: "Why do you CHOOSE to STAY with one man vs. another?" What Doc learned from women is taught to men!"
Why don't you just buy a book written by a woman instead of learning a man's words transcribed second hand?

Reactions: bebebeep and Celerity
Nori

Nori

Nori
Dec 23, 2023
I would not recommend books for romance or YouTube channels. In my experience from reading what you had to say, I think you should be yourself and improve who you are. Dressing like Peep or any gothboiclique member is cool and you don't have to go overboard; however, if it isn't something you are really into then people will see right through that. You should be yourself and wear what you like- your tiny little traits like the Death Note case that make up yourself are more than enough to catch girls' eyes.

If you tell me some of your general favorite aesthetics (or people where you like how they dress) I can recommend you some good brands to buy or draw inspiration from. Glasses are just as cool as contacts so don't worry about having to go with the option you aren't comfortable with. That being said- do basic hygiene. Get your eyebrows threaded and trimmed, take care to make sure your hair isn't greasy, work on your skincare. The end goal is to make yourself more approachable.

Clothes can help with that, especially new shoes. I have a pair of Bapestas, platform boots, and some pairs of jeans that when I wear them almost always someone ends up approaching me over them. Keeping that in mind, don't assume that any girl that approaches you when you get a new pair of shoes is only doing so because of the shoes. Even if they say something about it to break the ice. It is presumptuous to think that and a lot of the time while your outfit might make you stand out- your conversation and way you carry yourself is what will make them stick around you.

• Informative
Reactions: bebebeep and noname223
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I think it's all about who you are trying to attract. Personally, I would be intimidated by a guy who dresses too sharp. I would perhaps unfairly assume that we do not prioritize or enjoy the same things. Given how I dress, which is not sloppy but very basic, I might also expect that he would get frustrated with my lack of effort.

As a woman, it's just not something I care about with a guy. I don't ever really notice it unless a guy goes out of his way to be very flamboyant about his brands. I care more about how he looks physically, which unfortunately cannot be helped, but a good haircut and moisturizer go a long way.

D

Desp

Nov 27, 2023
Why don't you just buy a book written by a woman instead of learning a man's words transcribed second hand?
🤔 I do not know of such a book to be able recommend it here. I recommended one of the best books I know of, on dating.

Last edited:
LunarLynx

LunarLynx

Just a lost spirit searching freedom
Dec 18, 2023
I think that looks are not that important, on the other hand your charisma and your self-confidence are really important..

And I think your look help you in this. I like to wear shirt and suits cause of this, I feel a lot more elegant and it boost my self-esteem :)
hope It'll help

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
mystery.jpg
For example, look at this guy with his ridiculous appearance... do you think he draws attention?... well yes, and for his purpose it's a good sign, that's what he wants. It's like the equivalent of a peacock's tail.
That's surely Mystery. Good lord.

Umm...what carwash is he working in these days? Or is he in the retirement home for pua's?

• Love
Reactions: edu0z
edu0z

edu0z

Aug 25, 2021
That's surely Mystery. Good lord.

Umm...what carwash is he working in these days? Or is he in the retirement home for pua's?
I have no idea, I never liked Mistery, I was never a follower... but he is a fucking genius

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Well...a genius? I'm not sure about that, personally, but I can't recall enough to properly argue the toss, so yeah I'm disqualifying myself from having an opinion!

Sorry for the off-topic.
In my experience you must be clear about what you want with the girl first. If your goal is simply to meet a sexual partner, then the more you attract attention the better. And I mean seriously getting attention, meaning what others think is ridiculous, you're fine (as long as you don't draw attention in a way that makes your appearance say: "LOOK AT ME I'M A VIRGIN!!"). If what you want is a bride, then look nice and elegant. Those small details like shoes, a good watch, haircut, people underestimate them but they are gold.
Couldn't dispute that, especially if it's evidence of being a provider, as long as it doesn't scream 'trying too hard/not comfortable in one's own skin'. But definitely the clarity matters of what you actually want - and this goes for women, too. And who with. Everything has got to start with: Know Thyself.

The trouble is, some are so hungry they will just take 'anyone,' and the fact is, some people are probably better just carefully fishing in smaller ponds for people who suit their personality, especially when looking for longer-term. Often that's a personal disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: edu0z and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Well...a genius? I'm not sure about that, personally, but I can't recall enough to properly argue the toss, so yeah I'm disqualifying myself from having an opinion!

Sorry for the off-topic.

Couldn't dispute that, especially if it's evidence of being a provider, as long as it doesn't scream 'trying too hard/not comfortable in one's own skin'. But definitely the clarity matters of what you actually want - and this goes for women, too. And who with. Everything has got to start with: Know Thyself.

The trouble is, some are so hungry they will just take 'anyone,' and the fact is, some people are probably better just carefully fishing in smaller ponds for people who suit their personality, especially when looking for longer-term. Often that's a personal disaster waiting to happen.
I agree so much with the smaller ponds idea. I don't want to attract *everyone*. The attention can get exhausting and, as a woman, threatening. It's probably a cope, but I'm happy I'm not a knockout. Met a lot of beautiful women who have had so much trouble with men. They can't keep male friends and can never tell if a guy is interested in them only for sex.

There's a lot to be said for attracting your type and little else. On the whole, it has to take less effort and time.

Last edited:
Reactions: tiger b
edu0z

edu0z

Aug 25, 2021
as long as it doesn't scream 'trying too hard/not comfortable in one's own skin'. But definitely the clarity matters of what you actually want - and this goes for women, too. And who with. Everything has got to start with: Know Thyself.

👌👌

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Seems like you need to be more confident in conversations to me. Perhaps try to interact online first for a bit, or if you decide to meet people irl, text everyday or something? Don't know how you would manage to do this, but going for shy women or women with mental illness history might be a good idea.

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Be yourself. It's impossible to be anyone else or maintain a false pretence for long. It does sound like you care enough about yourself to be aware of your impact on others - so use this insight to your advantage. Look for signals from the women you meet, good or bad, and learn from them.

You know what they say.. if you've met one woman, then you've met one woman. We're not of a hive mind, all of us like different things and have different needs.

But, I think one thing is mostly universal - keep yourself and your clothes / appearance clean.

Reactions: грустная сука and Celerity
R

Repeat

Dec 5, 2018
If you want to attract women, the first thing you need to work on is yourself. As superficial as people are, it boils down to personality in the end.

Reactions: tiger b, Myforevercharlie and Celerity
albert_camus

albert_camus

Absurdist
Jan 8, 2024
Was genau willst du denn?
Willst du eine langfristige Beziehung oder was Lockeres, wie F+ oder one-night stands oooder nimmst du das was kommt?
Willst du eine langfristige Beziehung oder was Lockeres, wie F+ oder one-night stands oooder nimmst du das was kommt?

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am searching for a longterm partner. Nothing else.

Ich will eine langristige, ernsthafte Beziehung und nichts anderes.

Last edited:
cryone

cryone

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
Might just be something I overanalyze and my insecurity, but the way you move. like, some skinnier people just have a certain movement that is unappealing generally. kinda stiff. i have the issue aswell. things like this.