The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Why can't the so-called normal people understand those of us who are suicidal ?
Suicidal thoughts and tendencies are simply a reaction to unbearable pain. It is no different to any other type of deep emotional pain, for instance if someone loses a loved one, then people will show empathy and understanding towards the person who is suffering. They recognise the emotional pain of another and respond accordingly.
They also don't invalidate the feelings of the one who is suffering by saying offensive things such as " please stop feeling sorry for yourself and pull yourself together ".
Telling a deeply depressed and suicidal person to pull themselves together is like telling someone in a wheelchair to go and climb mount Everest.
You cannot put a band aid on a broken mind, and these pro-lifers and normies just can't see it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Pluto, Ferret77, Sannti and 4 others
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Yes vry sry know how, all prblm etc ppl no undrstd disbl no undrstnd injury damage etc ,alll sffr lone nobod undrstnd all keep invldt me no talk any this species awfl injury damage me also invldt me, vry sry ppl makecinvldt u this cruel this wrld fll sffr

• Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Yes vry sry know how, all prblm etc ppl no undrstd disbl no undrstnd injury damage etc ,alll sffr lone nobod undrstnd all keep invldt me no talk any this species awfl injury damage me also invldt me, vry sry ppl makecinvldt u this cruel this wrld fll sffr
At least you are not invalidated here dream. We all love you ♥️

• Love
Reactions: CTB Dream
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think some people are empathetic enough to bother to wonder how suicidal people feel but obviously- not all.

I wonder if it's about connection though. Those people who sympathise with others who are grieving can maybe connect with them easier than they can with someone who is so unhappy- they want to end it.

I think more importantly though- there's greater chance of them helping someone who is grieving or unhappy (but still wants to live.) People with ideation pose the very real risk of leaving. To some extent- we can feel untouchable. Seeing as a pro-lifer won't even consider that having ideation is a reasonable response (to any circumstance,) I think this becomes a source of tension. It's no longer a deep despair- it's a deliberate act to spite them and refuse their 'help'. People don't like to fail in life. I expect the 'do-gooders' out there are the same. Maybe they don't like it when they invest their time and emotion into someone for their efforts to be rejected.

When it comes to families- this likely includes their love. I expect part of it is that they take it personally- 'My love, my presence isn't enough to keep you here? Don't I mean anything to you?' Seeing as they likely don't likely appreciate what an enormous decision CTB is (it likely suites them more to think it is something impulsive, over-reactive, or just plain crazy) they perhaps feel they have the right to call it 'selfish'. A quick, poorly thought decision that has the potential to hurt them deeply.

I think it basically comes down to a lack of understanding though. Most (reasonable) people wouldn't expect a wheelchair user to climb Mount Everest. It's obvious they can't walk. If someone is breathing though- many people seem to think that's enough for them to make a good go at life and to want to do it. For many people- their pain doesn't show. So- there's less to empathise with to begin with. Those people likely project their experience of life on us. ESPECIALLY (ironically) if they have struggled themselves- 'I still made it in life- so can you.' Plus- ultimately- like the rest of us- they're thinking of themselves- 'You can't do this to me!'

• Love
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I think some people are empathetic enough to bother to wonder how suicidal people feel but obviously- not all.

I wonder if it's about connection though. Those people who sympathise with others who are grieving can maybe connect with them easier than they can with someone who is so unhappy- they want to end it.

I think more importantly though- there's greater chance of them helping someone who is grieving or unhappy (but still wants to live.) People with ideation pose the very real risk of leaving. To some extent- we can feel untouchable. Seeing as a pro-lifer won't even consider that having ideation is a reasonable response (to any circumstance,) I think this becomes a source of tension. It's no longer a deep despair- it's a deliberate act to spite them and refuse their 'help'. People don't like to fail in life. I expect the 'do-gooders' out there are the same. Maybe they don't like it when they invest their time and emotion into someone for their efforts to be rejected.

When it comes to families- this likely includes their love. I expect part of it is that they take it personally- 'My love, my presence isn't enough to keep you here? Don't I mean anything to you?' Seeing as they likely don't likely appreciate what an enormous decision CTB is (it likely suites them more to think it is something impulsive, over-reactive, or just plain crazy) they perhaps feel they have the right to call it 'selfish'. A quick, poorly thought decision that has the potential to hurt them deeply.

I think it basically comes down to a lack of understanding though. Most (reasonable) people wouldn't expect a wheelchair user to climb Mount Everest. It's obvious they can't walk. If someone is breathing though- many people seem to think that's enough for them to make a good go at life and to want to do it. For many people- their pain doesn't show. So- there's less to empathise with to begin with. Those people likely project their experience of life on us. ESPECIALLY (ironically) if they have struggled themselves- 'I still made it in life- so can you.' Plus- ultimately- like the rest of us- they're thinking of themselves- 'You can't do this to me!'
Yes, I think a lack of understanding is a major issue here.
It always astonishes me how they never have basic psychology classes in school.
If children were taught about mental illnesses and that people who suffer from them are not bad, or weird people, then I guess most of them would perceive us differently.
Obviously you would still get the callous ones who understood, yet couldn't care less.

• Love
Reactions: Emma.D and Forever Sleep
E

Emma.D

Jun 30, 2023
Yes, I think a lack of understanding is a major issue here.
It always astonishes me how they never have basic psychology classes in school.
If children were taught about mental illnesses and that people who suffer from them are not bad, or weird people, then I guess most of them would perceive us differently.
Obviously you would still get the callous ones who understood, yet couldn't care less.
I'd never thought about this till you just suggested it. But Jesus Christ that's a good idea! Teaching about mental illnesses in school I mean. I already think a lot of what you really need to know in life is nowhere to be seen in school curriculums.. it would have to make some difference to attitudes surely?

• Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There undeniably is a lack of compassion towards suicidal people in this world, it's why in my opinion it's best not to open up about wanting to die as other people could likely say something insensitive, but of course I bet it would be different if something happened to make them want to die.

• Love