Do you generally consider yourself an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert (little bit of both)?

• Introvert

Votes: 60 77.9%
  • Extrovert

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Ambivert

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • This idea of introverts vs extroverts is stupid, and you are stupid.

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Compared to most "normies", I'm probably an introvert, but as I've gotten older, I have noticed more people become withdrawn and insular.

Among my "friends" (a strong word), I am the most extroverted person.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink and WornOutLife
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I'm extremely introverted, I hate being around other people

Reactions: Source Energy
Odwin

Odwin

Bucket of Chicken
Mar 31, 2021
Was extremely introvert. Then in military I lost my introvert side. I have no problem anymore talk to people anymore.
Still don't enjoy to many people around me.

• Wow
Reactions: Sensei, LastFlowers and Celerity
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Are you my crush? No? So... i. don't. wanna. talk. with. you. in. real. life.

Edit: I was kidding, I didn't mean to be rude.

• Hugs
Reactions: Un-
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I guess both? Sometimes I'm all "omg let's do this" "omg this is awesome" but then I hit this bad patch of social anxiety and..... I'm not even sure the last time I talked to another human in person outside of my husband.....

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
100% Ambivert!

Reactions: Skathon and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
No extroverts in yet. Haha. Maybe there is something to the theory.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
I'm an introvert. I have no issues talking with people, and am usually seen as quite fun, but I also find being around people exhausting and need to recharge my social batteries fairly regularly with quiet time

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Mostly introverted but I can fake being extroverted if I have enough energy, which I rarely do...

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I appreciate time alone to promote thoughtfulness and nurture individuality, but you know, as much as I seem like an introvert, I'm not so sure I would lean that way, if my circumstances differed.
I recall many times as a child where I was quite extroverted, but other people always beat me back into the shadows until I was old enough to realize why-and that I had no control over the reason others felt the need to knock me back down to "my place".

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Dr Iron Arc
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Pervert.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: ClownMe, Venus13, Un- and 4 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
No extroverts in yet. Haha. Maybe there is something to the theory.
I really wonder if suffering sucks the extrovert out of a person, and that anyone in pain who appears to be an extrovert, is just putting on an act.

J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I once was an extrovert years ago before 14, however now I'm an introvert. And I don't think people like me and find my face unattractive so now that I get these feelings people don't want to talk to me, and find me weird, anxious and just unsocialized.

BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
Most people confuse introversion with shyness, which kinda screws with the poll results. Lots of shy extroverts out there who think they are introverts because they socially isolated themselves due to anxiety.

Reactions: hʚll
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I don't really know how to classify myself. I need other people and social interaction, am good at it and enjoy it a lot, but I just can't be bothered to interact eith people and regularly just ghost everyone for varying reasons. I want social interaction, but I can't be bothered to do it, because while it may be fun in the short term, it hurts afterwards.

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Most people confuse introversion with shyness, which kinda screws with the poll results. Lots of shy extroverts out there who think they are introverts because they socially isolated themselves due to anxiety.
I agree, but differentiating between the two in a poll would be difficult. I think you'd need a personality inventory like the HEXACO that has traits like "social self-esteem" to disentangle shyness from true introversion.

In my opinion, most people who are introverted aren't so in the classical , Jungian sense. They have learned to become "introverted" due to repeated negative social interaction. That may not manifest as anxious shyness but avidance altogether.

Our society is also so unnatural and different from those of our ancestors that I have to wonder if a lot of the introverts of today wouldn't have even behaved that way in the small, tightly-knit groups of hunter gatherers where you had known everyone your whole life and could more justifiably trust them.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Journeytoletgo and BottomlessPit
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
My extroversion is a boisterous swimmer getting chased by a shark. Plus, I don't know how to swim.
Basically, when I'm not gasping for air my legs get bitten off. What's beneath that its anybodys guess.
9b408bd1627e953bb2ef81794d8a720d

• Yay!
Reactions: Celerity
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am very introverted. I only ever feel relaxed in my own company and being around others is exhausting to me. I have a need to isolate myself from other people.

Reactions: Source Energy, jjwtn26 and hʚll
Cast_Away

Cast_Away

Jun 20, 2021
I don't even know. Like i really want to be around people, talk to them, but i'm just too shy and scared for that and it never works out, no matter how hard i try. I guess I'm either a shy extrovert or introvert, who desperatly wants to be not alone. It probably doesn't even make any sense

Reactions: hʚll
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
Heavily introverted, with a generous sprinkle of social awkwardness. I don't like being alone, but talking to anyone drains my energy quicky. At most, I can talk for 30 minutes.

And I'm extremely socially awkward. I miss a lot of social cues, and I struggle to comprehend what people are saying.. Because.. Yknow how people say one thing, but mean something else? I can't figure it out. Because of that, I can't communicate properly and I offend a lot of people.

• Hugs
Reactions: outatime_85
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Introvert but I do tend to come out of my shell when it comes to shit I either know or like.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
J

jjwtn26

Oct 7, 2022
Im an introvert and I'm shy. I just feel uncomfortable around other people and I'm never at ease. The one exception to that is when I'm around my mom. I actually talk to her alot and feel comfortable.

• Hugs
ZRA

ZRA

Oct 11, 2022
I don't think the extrovert-introvert dichotomy is stupid, but the idea of an ambivert definitely is. Obviously no one behaves one way in every context, but the point is which way you tend.

I guess I'm an extrovert, but I am (or was at least) a really fake person, so I don't know if that counts. These days it doesn't really matter, since I never enter into social situations.

• Hugs
𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
I used to be very extroverted and sociable, but over time I've become more introverted and avoidant, I would chalk it up to becoming more misanthropic and discerning, rather than just depression and anxiety. I'm very different around the few people I like, always cracking jokes and being cheeky, whereas I probably come across more serious to everyone else.

• Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I honestly have no idea because I almost feel like I'm multiple people.

If I drive for Uber, people hop in my car and I chat really well with them. I can comfortably shoot the breeze with the college students I drive around, and we always seem to get on like a house on fire. If I have to go to some party and I'm a bit energized or have a little alcohol, I'm also good to go.

With that said, I am also totally, utterly exhausted at the end of it all. And they say the determining factor is how much energy other people give you when determining introversion/extroversion.

Forced interaction aside, the actual me just wants to be home and on the computer or whatever. I have virtually zero desire to go out of the house, for the most part. But then that's also in large part due to my unknown condition, which includes permanent fatigue.

Reactions: Celerity and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I just wanna be deadvert.

Last edited:
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Hmmmm complicated.

Not really. Extro online. Invert in person.

We really start to talk and chat??? = normal.

Hahaha ha.