C

curtaincall

Jul 31, 2023
Gallows humor warning!

Ever since accumulating my scuba setup over the past year I've become intrigued by scuba diving. So much that I'm thinking of just jumping in the sea and giving it a go before I CTB.

Anyone else with me on this one?

Reactions: TimetoGo!, ShotgunShell and Praestat_Mori
ShotgunShell

ShotgunShell

go kitty go kitty
Mar 20, 2023
This is actually something I've been wanting to do as well. I have 0 diving experience nor any gear, but I love the ocean. I just want to see the fish before I go.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think you should try it- but- probably get some lessons first! I went snorkling when I was young and that was amazing. A whole other world.

strawberryhospital

strawberryhospital

. . bring her back or take me with her . .
Apr 26, 2023
it sounds pleasant, very calming.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Although I'm not intrigued by the experience that I can have by scuba diving I think I'd like to try it out before ctb, I've watched lots of documentaries about the ocean and such and I'd like to see everything mentioned in said documentaries with my own eyes. :)

Kera

Kera

Experienced
Jul 16, 2023
How true, fascinating and wonderbeautiful!!!

I do not know if it is a pleasant death? Dive down, wait until the oxygen runs out? Or whatever?

Last edited:
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I was supposed to go to school for marine biology and diving this year. My dream was to be a diver- either doing research, recovery, photography, or repair work. I will never get to do that now because I found out I am losing my vision due to a genetic condition. It was always my dream to scuba. Now my dream is to fall asleep and never wake up.
I love the ocean more than anything, I totally get your fascination with the whole thing. I hope that you get to try it someday!

C

curtaincall

Jul 31, 2023
Thanks for the lovely replies.

I'm with all of you about the ocean. Certainly feels home for me having grown up by the sea.

The scuba setup took me back and made me pause and wonder again.

Sorry about the eyesight. Surely there's still a way to become a marine biologist? I'm sure you've still a lot to contribute.

CC

TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
Gallows humor warning!

Ever since accumulating my scuba setup over the past year I've become intrigued by scuba diving. So much that I'm thinking of just jumping in the sea and giving it a go before I CTB.

Anyone else with me on this one?
Go for it, why not?

Maybe a new passion or career for you

C

curtaincall

Jul 31, 2023
How true, fascinating and wonderbeautiful!!!

I do not know if it is a pleasant death? Dive down, wait until the oxygen runs out? Or whatever?

Wonderbeautiful is my new favorite word! Never seen that before.

No, not planning to CBT underwater. Just one last adventure.

Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I'm so unbelievably afraid of deep ocean that I would rather someone stab me to death than throw me into the depths to die. But hey, if you like it then by all means take the time to do something you enjoy before you go.

embrace_release

embrace_release

end me
Mar 13, 2021
Speaking from experience here: It's amazing and surprisingly cheap, compared to other 'extreme' sports. Like I paid less than 300 bucks to become PADI certified, with diving lessons and theory plus rented gear. BCD and all the other stuff you need isn't that pricey when bought used. After I was certified I went diving in a spot that's around 30° north latitude, very warm waters. It's like diving in a saltwater aquarium you see in zoos. It's stunning how diverse and colourful sea life can be. Honestly one of the most impressive things I've done, once you're 26 meters down you'll get humbled and realize what a tiny dot you are on this giant earth.