• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Censorship only serves to help those who are in power who do not want there to be any opposition, so they censor any political dissidents from having a voice. If somebody can't handle being called a name, they shouldn't be allowed to report someone else for, "hate speech." They should get the fuck off the internet if they can't handle it.

Over-moderation of online forums is a lot worse than under-moderation

I have been a big forum user before forums were even a big thing on the internet (~at least 15 years). And I have seen forums go from virtually unmoderated wild west to the extremely moderated "sanitized" forums we have today, reddit included. I have been banned and have threads deleted for the most mild things, and I have seen threads from other users dissapear on various forums that actually had interesting discussions but could of "offended" someone or a view wasnt "mainstream". It makes participating in those types of forums a waste of time (if you participate in a interesting yet controversial thread, it might be removed within the hour), and all of the post generic, safe, and dull. There is also the problem of moderator bias, in which if your views don't line up with the moderators views, your thread is removed as "trolling" even though it's a perfect valid discussion.

So my view is:

Even if some flamebait/trolling slips through, overall a lightly moderated forum is a lot better than a heavily moderated forum.

Over-moderation kills opposing and controversial views of getting discussed.

Moderators should not remove threads just because someone on the internet "might be offended"

Admins allowing strict moderation often leads to moderator bias removing threads for personal reasons (bias) rather than actual forum moderation

Wq0v2ehzc3851