Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
Post random interesting things you know.
"'Kids will actually regrow a pretty good fingertip, after amputation, if you just leave it alone,' says Dr. Christopher Allan, from the University of Washington Medicine Hand Center, who wasn't involved in the research."

• Wow
Reactions: waitingforrest, SpaceCadet, rationaltake and 4 others
Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
Fanta is a German brand.

• Wow
Reactions: DynamicDepression, Crazy4u, fox_wannabe and 3 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Semen is a poor source of protein, but that just means I should consume much more of it.

Reactions: Silenos
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Not exactly "trivia", but:

Some statements in mathematics are impossible to prove true or false, and further, it's impossible to know which statements these are.

• Yay!
Reactions: waitingforrest and Manaaja
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Some statements in mathematics are impossible to prove true or false, and further, it's impossible to know which statements these are.

Voodoo! I don't understand what you said & that freaks me out, so we should start burning mathematicians at the stake again.

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by funk

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Al Cappella and symphony
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Voodoo! I don't understand what that means & that freaks me out, so we should start burning mathematicians at the stake again.
Ooh, please do! I volunteer as tribute!

• Yay!
Reactions: Al Cappella
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Cats can have a kitten litter where some of the kittens have different fathers to the others.

• Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, bed, sweet_oblivion and 4 others
O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
Asphyxiation is almost a peaceful method.

• Informative
Reactions: sweet_oblivion, Insomniac and Manaaja
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
The Diablo game is not named after the Spanish word Diablo (which means devil), it's named after the mountain Diablo. It's just a coincidence that it happens to mean devil in Spanish. If the mountain's name would have been Asataka he would have probably named the game Asataka regardless of what it means or doesn't mean in Spanish.

Man was originally gender neutral. So when people said things like "manmade" or "man or beast" etc. they didn't think of some dude they thought of any person. Originally were meant man. That's why it's called werewolf (literally male humanwolf). I think we should go back to it, in order to not be sexist.

I've read girl was originally spelled gril.

Old English (or whatever it's called) was great and everyone should study it. For example, to learn why it's called children and not childs. It was like German. The word children was so common that it was hard to change it to childs anymore, however many other words got "just slap an s to its ass" treatment.

Have you noticed this about s'es? Dog eats, dogs eat. It's like the s just changes places.

In Asian stories there are vampires that only have one nostril.

Male mosquitoes don't drink blood, they drink flowers. Female mosquitoes lay a few eggs if they have not drunk blood, but they usually prefer to drink blood because it increases their egg count to 20. Yes, all those million mosquitoes bullying you every year, They can literally live and breed without your blood. They don't need to drink it.

Kiryu's voice actor has done lewd yaoi voice-acting. "ore wa ore da".

Many Japanese voice actors begin by doing yaoi voice acting.

Most Japanese think that no one in Japan eats dog meat, but there are actually Chinese and Korean restaurants that order dog meat. So you can find dog meat to eat in restaurants in Japan.

In Finland there's something equal to surströmming called lipeäkala.

There's a soup (I think it might have been from middle-east or asia) where they just drop a real bird nest with eggs and all.

You don't necessarily have to hit the wall 50 times, it has a hp of 9999. (hahaha, I just realized some may think I'm talking about the dating term wall lol lol)

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, demuic, silent staring void and 2 others

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
Despite not having a ton of exports, Japan's music industry makes some of the most money in the entire world.

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest
S

silent staring void

Student
Jan 22, 2020
The word "guy" actually actually comes from Guy Fawkes. On Guy Fawkes Day they used to burn a doll of him known as a "Guy". Then the meaning started to change to "any person of grotesque appearance", and then to mean just "any man".
Man was originally gender neutral. So when people said things like "manmade" or "man or beast" etc. they didn't think of some dude they thought of any person. Originally were meant man. That's why it's called werewolf (literally male humanwolf). I think we should go back to it, in order to not be sexist.
Wif means woman in Old English. So a female werewolf would be a wifwolf.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: waitingforrest and NeetAccount1
UnravelingWinter

UnravelingWinter

I wish I was a sunflower
Mar 19, 2022
I was looking at bitter teas today to practice drinking for N, and found out that there's a tea made of bug poop that you can buy online. It's from the feces of grain moth larvae.

• Aww..
Reactions: NeetAccount1
9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
Mathematicians are lucky that statement was able to be proven true, otherwise we wouldn't know that we couldn't know.

Reactions: NeetAccount1 and symphony
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
- Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
- Three U.S. presidents died on July 4th.
- Ronald Reagan was a believer in astrology
- Forks were once seen as sacrilegious

• Love
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
If you put Rainbow Trout in 40,613 milligrams of N for each liter of water. After more than 96 hours, you can find them somewhere over the rainbow~

(Dark humor, couldn't resist)

No I did not actually do this, and how I know? Got too much time to waste.

narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
I would have to type it on the PC and now I can't, but you can convert any number in a base (binary, hex, octal) to another with a fairly easy formula.

for example you could change from hexadecimal to ternal directly without using software. it's easy but also is tedious.

Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
Your brain contains about 100 billion microscopic cells called neurons, so many it would take you over 3,000 years to count them all.

An average person is estimated to contain roughly 30 trillionhuman cells, according to recent research. This is, of course, a rough approximation.

Your body is made up of around ten trillion cells, but you harbour a hundred trillion bacteria. For every gene in your genome, there are 100 bacterial ones.

• Love
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
"Every single day your body produces more new cells than there are atoms in the universe." -- Michio Kaku

• Informative
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
"Every single day your body produces more new cells than there are atoms in the universe." -- Michio Kaku
Kaku is coo coo. He has a lot of crazy ideas, but this is among the craziest.

There are over 100 trillion cells in the body, each one of them made of atoms. So there are trillions of more atoms. And this isn't even considering how many atoms exist across the entire universe, which is very very big.

Reactions: DynamicDepression and 9BBN
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
" new study finds that the color of the vending cup used to serve hot chocolate can alter its taste and smell, with orange or cream colored cups enhancing flavor and aroma more than white or red ones."

• Informative
Reactions: Lostandlooking
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
"Every single day your body produces more new cells than there are atoms in the universe." -- Michio Kak
Kaku is coo coo. He has a lot of crazy ideas, but this is among the craziest.

There are over 100 trillion cells in the body, each one of them made of atoms. So there are trillions of more atoms. And this isn't even considering how many atoms exist across the entire universe, which is very very big.
Not to mention, if you think about it there are more atoms in those cells that you produce lol

Reactions: DynamicDepression
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
When handled, greater mouse-eared bats will imitate the buzzing of wasps and bees to deter predators. Here are two articles from Science and LiveScience detailing this fun fact.

Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
"About one in a million people are thought to be born without a sense of pain, which results in severe self-inflicted injuries from an early age and can lead to premature death."

Reactions: Al Cappella and houseofleaves