ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
I've read about interesting CTB deaths over the years which you don't always come across in forums. I read about a woman on a luxury cruise ship who had one of those front cabins on the ship with a cabin window. She went missing which was chalked down as a non-suspicious death because her cabin window was left wide open. The term non-suspicious death has become a euphemism for suicide. Another case I read about was a father's son who spent ages pottering about in the basement. His father went down to the basement to find out why he spent so much time there only to discover his son had beheaded himself. He had built an elaborate guillotine with a timer and taken sleeping pills before the blade beheaded him.

• Wow
Reactions: dysfunctional, Jessica5, profoundexperience and 10 others
GirlInBlue

GirlInBlue

May 13, 2020
He had built an elaborate guillotine with a timer and taken sleeping pills before the blade beheaded him.
That guy had some dedication. You'd have to be really careful to make sure nothing goes wrong with that.

I don't think it's quite as intresting, but someone I knew caught the bus by drinking too much water. His last attempt failed (I don't know what he did), and his family was keeping him away from anything he could use to harm himself. They didn't think about something as simple as water being deadly.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: ebt88, Jessica5, profoundexperience and 6 others
televised_suicide

televised_suicide

Feb 5, 2020
Suicide by volcano. Reason: forbidden love.

'On February 11, 1933, student Kiyoko Matsumoto took her life by jumping into the Mount Mihara crater, Japan, from the platform that allowed viewing of the molten lava below. She died from a combination of the fall and the lava itself, which ranged in temperature from 800°C to 1,200°C. Matsumoto had fallen for a fellow female student at Tokyo's Jissan College, something that was forbidden at that time.'

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: glittergore, Jessica5, Alec and 7 others
aedric_artifact

aedric_artifact

Find me in the sweetest oblivion
Jun 27, 2020
A young man constructed a suicide helmet which had shotgun shells fired into his head.

"At the apex of each projection, there is a hollow metal tube into which a nail was fitted so as to be very close to the primer on each of the protrusion's shotgun shells. The nails were all wired together as well and wire leads were then attached to an arc welder which was to provide the electricity that would ignite the primer and cause them to fire."

• Wow
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I've read about interesting CTB deaths over the years which you don't always come across in forums. I read about a woman on a luxury cruise ship who had one of those front cabins on the ship with a cabin window. She went missing which was chalked down as a non-suspicious death because her cabin window was left wide open. The term non-suspicious death has become a euphemism for suicide. Another case I read about was a father's son who spent ages pottering about in the basement. His father went down to the basement to find out why he spent so much time there only to discover his son had beheaded himself. He had built an elaborate guillotine with a timer and taken sleeping pills before the blade beheaded him.
I heard about maybe similar suicide to the woman on a cruise ship. A man was on a gay cruise ship and he jumped from it, my guess is he took the cruise had fun just as a way to say good bye maybe or to just have some last fun like last meal kinda thing and then jumped, I think maybe he had it planned, but I can't know maybe it wasn't planned all I know is that he jumped. The guillotine thing sounds smart and very brave even with falling asleep I'm not sure I would be brave enough to do that, but who knows maybe depends on the day you know.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I always find the stories of cars, a rope, and trees interesting.