• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

powersurge&achilles

Labels are indoctrination
Mar 2, 2024
Hi guys. I'm new here, funny I actually found this form through a video that was demonizing it.
I was seriously considering suicide but I didn't want to mess up jumping off a bridge (or perhaps, it seemed too painful), and I didn't have access to SN due to recent restrictions on the chemical.
Basically I destroyed my life through a series of manic episodes and reckless decisions that ended me pretty badly in debt, including being behind on my rent. I thought working for FAANG as a sales rep would pay well but they legit just lied about the pay and my car broke down 😂 my fault ultimately.
I'm still alive, though, I will be homeless March 5th. I figured since I'll be homeless I'll just book a flight to Florida where there will be more opportunities. I also went to rehab there for about 9 months… they had me medicated up to my tits with lithium and a few other drugs. What are your opinions on psychiatric meds and homelessness? I've seen a few other people on this form struggle with homelessness in particular, anyone want to share their experiences? I might as well try going on an adventure if it doesn't work I can always end it later 🙄😂 Let's talk about it!

M

moron

Nov 14, 2023
Sell all your stuff to fix your car so you can live in it
Agreed, I say you should try to keep your car. There may be more opportunities down in Florida, but how will you capitalize on this if you are living on the street? Would likely be much easier if you have a way to get around and a place to sleep as opposed to otherwise

Reactions: powersurge&achilles
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Living out of your car actually is one of your better options at this point.

People in a position to know have told me there's sort of an art to surviving homelessness. A lot of it involves knowing what the local resources are and how to best make use of them. J.K. Rowling, the famous transphobe, has talked about how she used to pretend to browse in upscale baby clothes stores because they kept complimentary diapers in the bathrooms. Do that a dozen times and you've got a free pack of diapers.

Some areas have soup kitchens that offer at least one free or low-cost ready-to-eat meal a day. (There are more food pantries than soup kitchens, but what are you going to do with a box of uncooked macaroni if you live in your car?) Truck stops often have pay showers, and occasionally you find churches or synagogues or what have you that provide showers and washing machine use on some days of the month.

Anyway, it usually helps to stay around an area you know so the learning curve of homeless life isn't so steep. (If you live way out in the sticks where there are no social services to speak of, then moving would make more sense.)

P

powersurge&achilles

Labels are indoctrination
Mar 2, 2024
Thank you guys, however I've looked into the car and it's not an option at this point. I bought a tent and a bike 😊 I've been homeless before just not without a car.
hardcore mode
sleeping in anytime fitness bathrooms is underrated. Is a house even necessary anyways lol

I'm obviously doing something fundamentally wrong and I've made some stupid decisions to get to this point.

Last edited:
PlathWannaBe

PlathWannaBe

Nov 15, 2019
Thank you guys, however I've looked into the car and it's not an option at this point. I bought a tent and a bike 😊 I've been homeless before just not without a car.
hardcore mode
sleeping in anytime fitness bathrooms is underrated. Is a house even necessary anyways lol

I'm obviously doing something fundamentally wrong and I've made some stupid decisions to get to this point.
I'm so sorry you're dealing with homelessness, that is so tough. Everyone should have access to shelter and food.

I wouldn't recommend Florida, mainly because of blistering summers and in the fall, you often have hurricanes to deal with.

What about going to a more temperate state? I know with climate change, maybe temperate states don't exist anymore.

Using churches and synagogues for food sounds like a good plan! Are there any cities that offer resources for homeless people?