Jbell6066

Jbell6066

Oct 30, 2020
Does anyone suffer from it? If so, what do you do to pass the time?

Currently I'm playing PUBG PC in a damned hotel because I cannot sleep.... 2mg of xanax and nothing!

• Hugs
Reactions: antigone_iris, MiseryLovesMyCompany and ERASED
E

ERASED

Student
May 17, 2020
I just try to drink and take sleeping pills. It usually works for me with this combo.

Reactions: Jbell6066
MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Xanax won't work if you take it regularly.
I mostly listen to random videos and hope that I'll be asleep soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: antigone_iris and Jbell6066
Jbell6066

Jbell6066

Oct 30, 2020
I just try to drink and take sleeping pills. It usually works for me with this combo.

With my addictive personality, alcohol is out of the question. I used to drink heavily in my mid 20's.

MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
I just bought some valerian root yesterday for mine. Didn't seem to do much. Other than that, exercise seems to help me a bunch. I try to do some squats and/or press-ups before sleep. If you're in the US get some first generation anti-histamines (diphenhydramine) from Walmart. You can get like 100 for dirt cheap in the equate range. They make me so drowsy and knock me out for at least a few hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbell6066 and antigone_iris
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
My sleeping is getting worse all the time. Even alcohol doesn't seem to help me anymore. This night I didn't sleep hardly at all. I'm so glad it's going to end tomorrow.

• Aww..
Reactions: Jbell6066 and antigone_iris
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
I watch random videos and take herbal sleeping pills when I can't sleep. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
A strict schedule...even if it sucks. Meaning getting up really early every day even if I did not or rarely slept.
And if I can't fall asleep I go out at night because it's really cold and lowers the body temp. After just sitting or walking around without any electricity or phone I go back inside and try to sleep again. If I can't sleep then I read which is very tiring to me. Also: no caffeine during the day!

Reactions: Jbell6066 and waived
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I spent six months with less than one hour a night due to medical issues and the associated anxiety. It's what brought me here.
I used to just lie in bed awake and stopped caring if I slept or not. I learned to listen to my body's needs. I also learned that I need to be outside as much as possible and get sunlight, so now I rise with the dawn and usually go to bed not long after dusk. I found that eventually, despite my issues, I started to sleep better and longer.

I also found that any attempt to modulate my sleep with medication, whilst it worked in the short term, made things worse in the long term.

• Wow
Jbell6066

Jbell6066

Oct 30, 2020
I just bought some valerian root yesterday for mine. Didn't seem to do much. Other than that, exercise seems to help me a bunch. I try to do some squats and/or press-ups before sleep. If you're in the US get some first generation anti-histamines (diphenhydramine) from Walmart. You can get like 100 for dirt cheap in the equate range. They make me so drowsy and knock me out for at least a few hours.
I get plenty of exercise at work, I probably shoveled 3x 20 yard boxes of frac sand/gel yesterday. Benadryl doesn't work, melatonin doesn't work, or might valerian root... nothing.
I spent six months with less than one hour a night due to medical issues and the associated anxiety. It's what brought me here.
I used to just lie in bed awake and stopped caring if I slept or not. I learned to listen to my body's needs. I also learned that I need to be outside as much as possible and get sunlight, so now I rise with the dawn and usually go to bed not long after dusk. I found that eventually, despite my issues, I started to sleep better and longer.

I also found that any attempt to modulate my sleep with medication, whilst it worked in the short term, made things worse in the long term.
With my job, I get plenty of outside :)
A strict schedule...even if it sucks. Meaning getting up really early every day even if I did not or rarely slept.
And if I can't fall asleep I go out at night because it's really cold and lowers the body temp. After just sitting or walking around without any electricity or phone I go back inside and try to sleep again. If I can't sleep then I read which is very tiring to me. Also: no caffeine during the day!
That's a problem with my job, my hours are all over the place, no set schedule... when I had a set schedule, the insommia wasnt as bad.

Last edited:
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Not trying to fall asleep hungry. A healthy diet generally. Maybe personal preference but an ice cold room is the most comfortable for me to fall asleep in. Windows open in the winter kind of chill. Sometimes a fan going too. I sleep with well fitted noise isolating earbuds in and sometimes listen to ambient type things. I can get super sleepy watching certain videos where someone is explaining something technical but sometimes can't fall asleep. Sometimes reading and then upon that satisfying fade out feeling immediately rolling over and thinking about what I was reading like putting myself there if it's fiction.

• Hugs
Jbell6066

Jbell6066

Oct 30, 2020
Not trying to fall asleep hungry. A healthy diet generally. Maybe personal preference but an ice cold room is the most comfortable for me to fall asleep in. Windows open in the winter kind of chill. Sometimes a fan going too. I sleep with well fitted noise isolating earbuds in and sometimes listen to ambient type things. I can get super sleepy watching certain videos where someone is explaining something technical but sometimes can't fall asleep. Sometimes reading and then upon that satisfying fade out feeling immediately rolling over and thinking about what I was reading like putting myself there if it's fiction.
I'll give the cooler room temperature. Generally my room temperature is about 73/74 F year round in the house and when I'm out of town in hotels.

Possibly stress as well, haven't had a day off in 6 weeks.

Much appreciated for the information.