• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Theon

Theon

Experienced
Jun 20, 2019
Anyone struggling with nightly insomnia?

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4288, Aardwolf, NoDream and 8 others
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Oy; hey. Insomniac since age 6 here. It's hell.

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4288, Dartz, dreamsofdestruction and 1 other person
Theon

Theon

Experienced
Jun 20, 2019
Yeah this started fairly recently for me, past few months, and keeps getting worse and worse. If I ever manage to sleep more than 3, 3.5 hours a night I consider myself lucky.
Do you get any sleep? Do you take anything?

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and inconsequential
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
I get maybe 3-4 hours, and it's restless as fuck. So, not as short in duration as yours technically, but still really sucks as it isn't all at once.

Ambien didn't work, but I made amazing brownies. Lunesta tastes like fucking pennies & that alone made it impossible to fall asleep. Benzos make me productive. A lot of Benadryl and a lot of weed make me pass out for a few hours.

Do you take anything?

• Aww..
Reactions: NoDream, Dartz and not-2-b-the-answer
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Yes. It's ok now though, I'm NEET. Sleep when I feel like it.
At first I felt guilty but my social workers are such jealous idiots about me being disabled that now I savor it. I make sure to be cozy and gloating in my bed while they are out fighting rush hour traffic to get to work, fuck those cunts.

• Love
Reactions: Dartz, 262653, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
yes i get 2-3 hours if i`m lucky

• Aww..
Reactions: andy69, not_a_robot and not-2-b-the-answer
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
Since I was kid. I'd wake up the neighbors with my screaming.

I take ambien, Xanax, and flexeril. Get 3 hours if I'm lucky.

• Aww..
Reactions: NoDream, not_a_robot and not-2-b-the-answer
LSD_ie

LSD_ie

Jun 17, 2019
For me, it's been getting worse since November. I used to be able to fall asleep at around 10ish. Now, I'm completely wide awake all night. To remedy this, I walk about an hour to walmart to get snacks. I listen to podcasts while I walk. By the time I get back, I'm sweaty and tired so I pass out on the floor. I keep the apartment cold. It's really relaxing since it's very humid where I'm at

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
O boy i know this one well i am lucky if i get 5 to 10 hours a week bin like this for 3 or 4 months now . And i can tell you lack of sleep mess your mind up bad wakeing dreams nightmares to wide a wake and dreaming very bad . Hearing things to like voices whispering in the background o to top it of sum times I start to go blind thats bad if your out and about. I know one thing before long my mind it going to go of at the deep end talk about bad paranoia all most can't function any more. If this keeps i am going to have a stroke or go mad and up in the nut house well sounds like fun fun fun HEHEHE :P :D

Reactions: marcusuk63
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

I'm still awake … it's 2AM …. so does that answer your question ?
:wink:

Reactions: not_a_robot and marcusuk63
Theon

Theon

Experienced
Jun 20, 2019
I get maybe 3-4 hours, and it's restless as fuck. So, not as short in duration as yours technically, but still really sucks as it isn't all at once.

Ambien didn't work, but I made amazing brownies. Lunesta tastes like fucking pennies & that alone made it impossible to fall asleep. Benzos make me productive. A lot of Benadryl and a lot of weed make me pass out for a few hours.

Do you take anything?
I went to rehab in Feb. to get off benzos and the few times I've taken it since they make me kinda crazy. Same with Ambien. Take Trazadone and Seroquel together but no, my sleep isn't straight through either, I will wake up after one hour and then will doze off and maybe sleep for another hour and a half, two hours. My shrink just prescribed me Lunesta but I'm not optimistic about it...had taken it before and remember that awful metallic taste quite vividly. A couple of months ago I was getting maybe five hours of sleep. And early last year and most of my life, my sleep has been normal, above normal...I'd sleep 8, 9 hours a night, sometimes more. I LOVED sleeping. Now I dread going to bed. I'm dealing with horrible anxiety and complete lack of pleasure, caused by years of meth abuse. Never in a million years did I think it would do what its done to me.

• Aww..
Reactions: tryingtoescape and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Yeah this started fairly recently for me, past few months, and keeps getting worse and worse. If I ever manage to sleep more than 3, 3.5 hours a night I consider myself lucky.
Do you get any sleep? Do you take anything?

For me ... If I don't have to work early and can sleep in til noon then most times. Many times though 3 or 4 hours is all I get.
If I sleep 5 hours ... that is a gift.
I take Meletonin ... sometimes it helps ... other times not at all. :aw:

Also wanted to add that sometimes I drift in and out of sleep all night … which sucks as well. :angry:

Last edited:
LifeIsNotFun

LifeIsNotFun

Mage
Jun 1, 2019
Yep, it comes with the depression.

• Aww..
Reactions: not_a_robot and not-2-b-the-answer
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
For me, it's been getting worse since November. I used to be able to fall asleep at around 10ish. Now, I'm completely wide awake all night. To remedy this, I walk about an hour to walmart to get snacks. I listen to podcasts while I walk. By the time I get back, I'm sweaty and tired so I pass out on the floor. I keep the apartment cold. It's really relaxing since it's very humid where I'm at
That's a good plan. My building has asshole night-watchmen and the neighborhood is a little crazy at night, otherwise I walk at night too.
I can't fall asleep without BBC podcasts. Sometimes audiobooks, but mostly BBC stuff. There is TONS of BBC stuff free online, but don't tell them. I'm not sure it's shared on purpose, it's too much great free content.

Reactions: LSD_ie
D

deathenvoy

Experienced
Mar 29, 2019
I had trouble sleeping most of my life. Finally mirtazapine cured it.

Reactions: not_a_robot
S

SlowlyWastingLife

Jun 26, 2019
Currently awake in the middle of the night. My sleeping patterns are completely screwed up. Been dealing with insomnia for a couple of years.
I hate it.
Sleep used to be one of my favorite things, but now I can barely get 4 hours.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Theon and not-2-b-the-answer
Theon

Theon

Experienced
Jun 20, 2019
Oh man story of my life! I try and stay up till 2:30 or 3 so I can sleep till 5 or 6

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and not_a_robot
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I get maybe 3-4 hours of sleep a night, it is hell but it has nothing to do with insomnia.
I've also had insomnia, also hell on earth.
Feel your pain brother.
I cured mine by going on an insane diet. It fixed the sleep but fucked up my relationship with food.
Oh well, few more straws for the camel's back eh?

• Aww..
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I had trouble sleeping most of my life. Finally mirtazapine cured it.
No way! it made me crazy,I got every bad side effect. permanent optic damage, glaucoma, Kickboxing, excessive peeing (great for a sleep med). Only the eye damage was permanent. you know the pretty fireworks you see as you fall asleep? it's your optic nerves being permanently maimed. It's rare though. I do kinda miss the fireworks. Like a lazer-show.

• Wow
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and 262653
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
Just popped a lora zepam last night. Slept like a log and still are sleepy and tired not to mention the double vision. This is great.

• Wow
dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
Used to have major problems falling asleep, but for some reason that mostly went away when my depression got worse again in early 2018. I have no clue why, I didn't really change anything in my habits as far as I can recall.

Right now as everything is coming apart, it's problems staying asleep. I wake up in the middle of the night, often from nightmares. Then I manage to fall asleep again for another hour or two, then repeat. Often doesn't feel very well rested in the morning even if the total number of hours spent sleeping was okay.

Ambien didn't work, but I made amazing brownies.

Oh yeah. I do take these occasionally, can relate. What works for me is to take them and immediately go to bed, close my eyes and try to sleep. If I stay awake and wait until they kick in, all bets are off.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: not_a_robot and not-2-b-the-answer
D

deathenvoy

Experienced
Mar 29, 2019
No way! it made me crazy,I got every bad side effect. permanent optic damage, glaucoma, Kickboxing, excessive peeing (great for a sleep med). Only the eye damage was permanent. you know the pretty fireworks you see as you fall asleep? it's your optic nerves being permanently maimed. It's rare though. I do kinda miss the fireworks. Like a lazer-show.
Only side effect I have is increased appetite. Small price to pay for good sleep.
It sucks that taking it damaged you. Taking psychotropics is like Russian roulette.

Last edited:
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Only side effect I have is increased appetite. Small price to pay for good sleep.
It sucks that taking it damaged you. Taking psychotropics is like Russian roulette.
lol well I'm glad it works for you. It worked good for putting me to sleep, just right as I was falling under, I'd get really hungry, need to piss a few times, and start kickboxing uncontrollably. And I couldn't read anymore. I can read again now but about half the damage is permanent.
The organization that prescribed it will pay, don't worry. The permanent eye damage is gonna make me a sweet sweet 200$ a month for the rest of my life. I'm rich, bitch!
/sarcasm, the only people who think being being disabled is great are people who aren't disabled.

• Aww..
Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018
Haven't had more than 3 hours straight sleep in over a month

• Aww..
Reactions: Rukia, not-2-b-the-answer and not_a_robot
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
Part of why I'm here. It's one of the loneliest experiences on earth. Part of the problem is having to work a day job. I'm looking at moving to a less lucrative night position where I work 3pm to 11 pm. Waking up at 6:00 am after getting to sleep at 2 just starts me off angry at the world. Stating up until 4 and sleeping til 12 seems more natural to me.

• Aww..
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
I used to, and it was really bad. But it just sorta...Went away? Now I can get to sleep in just under 10 minutes. I guess I'm pretty lucky.

Theon

Theon

Experienced
Jun 20, 2019
Saw my shrink Wed. and he prescribed me Lunesta. I was about to take it but started looking online and saw it affects GABA receptors and mine are already screwed up because of my Xanax addiction. I was so hoping this would be a step toward getting at least 5 hours of sleep and starting to normalize but no. I am so frustrated right now I want to cry. But I can't cry. Or laugh. Or feel any emotions. I'm dead inside.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rukia and marcusuk63
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Used to have major problems falling asleep, but for some reason that mostly went away when my depression got worse again in early 2018. I have no clue why, I didn't really change anything in my habits as far as I can recall.

Right now as everything is coming apart, it's problems staying asleep. I wake up in the middle of the night, often from nightmares. Then I manage to fall asleep again for another hour or two, then repeat. Often doesn't feel very well rested in the morning even if the total number of hours spent sleeping was okay.

Oh yeah. I do take these occasionally, can relate. What works for me is to take them and immediately go to bed, close my eyes and try to sleep. If I stay awake and wait until they kick in, all bets are off.
Same, haven't slept more than two hours at a time in over 10 yrs but for me marijuana pretty much kills all nightmares and dreams. I never remember any. If I go two weeks without weed, it's nightmares every time I close my eyes,the minute I enter REM a nightmare wakes me up like a kick in the gut. Adrenaline, sweat, heart rate, all that shit.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I would if it weren't for Seroquel. I still have been waking in the middle of the night. I don't think that drug is worth it and I don't recommend it.

• Aww..
Theon

Theon

Experienced
Jun 20, 2019
Yeah I take Seroquel. They gave that to me along with a bunch of other meds at the rehab I went to for Xanax.