bbye111

bbye111

absurdism
Dec 26, 2022
Just within this month, 2 confirmed suicides of students occurred in our city and multiple cases were reported in the country, one hanged herself in her dormitory while the other jumped from the overpass, what's more alarming is the fact that there were more than FOUR bystanders, just watching her contemplate her fall. No one jumped in to stop her at all, she was also just 16. These cases became the talk of the town for a while but it's sad to hear that most adults including my family members labeled them as nut jobs and "weak" when in fact these people asked for help but were turned a blind eye on. the typical "just keep praying", and "hold on, it'll get better". The comments regarding the issue on social media make my stomach turn. It's sad to know that even after death as a final cry for help, instead of being given the bare minimum of sympathy for your passing, people would still continue being insensitive and judgemental. Bless their souls, and may they truly rest in peace.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Lamentice, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Ringo and 2 others
Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
Insensitivity is expected. Adults who are insensitive think they have seen so much more and that the death of a minor is nothing more than a 'nutcase.' Children are no different. Children who knew the person who had CTB would obviously mourn over their death. But those who didn't would make fun of the suicide. I remember when I was younger, my classmates saw it as something cool and make fun of them. It's a bitter pill to swallow but it's unfortunately how this cruel world works.

• Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and bbye111
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
At least they cannot suffer anymore, no wonder they wished to leave when so many people in this world are so incredibly cruel.

Reactions: Toji
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
The bystander effect is one of many messed-up things that happen in human social group dynamics. We are unfortunately still a primitive species.

Reactions: Lamentice and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?