• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

Rose57

Student
Jan 2, 2019
I went to an extremely popular, beloved theme park when I was 23. There are versions of this theme park throughout the world. Everyone knows it's name. I went on a roller coaster there and it came to a sudden stop causing whiplash and a concussion. I don't know if that ride always jolts to a stop like that or if it malfunctioned or not. Anyways, I have been in so much pain for seven years and am likely going to kill myself soon because of it. It completely destroyed my life and all my dreams of getting married, having kids, starting a non-profit, traveling the world etc. Is it a good or bad idea to write an article on the experience online before I ctb? I'm just worried no one will care. That they will just label it a freak accident and nothing will be done to make rides safer for other people. It can't be that hard for engineers to make a ride come to a slower, less jarring stop to prevent other people from getting hurt.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I know the feeling when you can get a concussion from sudden deceleration from a rollercoaster. I had a similar experience with the Mr. Freeze Ride at Six Flags. I am a rollercoaster enthusiast, but I think my age is starting to show when I ride one of them. Just not the same thrills anymore and is more physical pain especially in my neck and head area. I'm sorry your experience has caused you so much pain. They do studies on rollercoasters and the vertical Gs and lateral Gs affect on the brain.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
I sustained many concussions, 4 were extremely bad (at the hands of others), and essentially ruined my life.

I am so sorry this happened to you.

I understand living with brain injury (or TBI) and chronic pain.

<3

Reactions: DFFP
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
You haven't said if the management of this Theme Park are aware of your injuries caused by that particular ride. If they are, then I would've thought you would be within your rights to claim some compensation which could go some way to making your future a bit more comfortable and perhaps you'd be able to live independently, as I know your parents aren't helping with your situation. Seven years is a long time ago though...

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to tell your story online, as long as you don't mention the name of the Theme Park.

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I think you should write something on it, even if it is just to tell your story to those close to you and to solidify it to yourself.

I wouldn't get too caught up in writing one that has to change everything. Look at it as your story that you hope will help guide people to changing things for the better.

CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Is it a good idea to write an article on the experience online before I ctb? I'm just worried no one will care. That they will just label it a freak accident and nothing will be done to make rides safer for other people.

If this will help bring you some closure or relief it may be helpful not only to you but to others. Least amount of harm is worthy of addressing in this case especially in your situation. I think people will care. Good luck. :hug: :heart:

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
If this occurred in the US, the statute of limitation may have run out, which would leave the op with no option for litigation.

On edit: Although, if it is the theme park I think it might be, they may pay you to NOT publish anything. For me though, the damage has been done and it is impossible to live without help, and because I have none, I am here. Hugs to you. I am so sorry this happened to you.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
rabbithole

rabbithole

Experienced
Oct 26, 2020
Wtf. I'm so sorry this happened to you. A freak accident also ruined my life and I'm close to ctbing because of it.

you should definitely write an article about it. Have you seen anyone else write online about something similar happening?