Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i dont need an alter ego i have a personality disorder. i have many "alter egos" LOL. seriously though i dont know who i could be that im not already. well except batman. i could still be him i guess

• Hugs
Reactions: wordsonscreen, TimeToBiteTheDust and Ybother
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
i dont need an alter ego i have a personality disorder. i have many "alter egos" LOL. seriously though i dont know who i could be that im not already. well except batman. i could still be him i guess
Maybe you could summon the most suicidal ones?

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I do that naturally, just switching into a different perspective as I go to do certain things, so hopefully that helps.

Reactions: wordsonscreen and Ybother
Ybother

Ybother

Life is a lemon and I want my money back.
Jul 23, 2020
Same here. That's why I can't be a real person. How do you cope?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Same here. That's why I can't be a real person. How do you cope?
with my personality disorder? i basically just use that as an explanation for things. really though i like to look at it not so much as a disorder but as me. typically its a bad thing to embrace your disorders as yourself but when it comes to a personality disorder i think its an exception. so most people are only 1 but whats so wrong with being more then 1? if i have a free spirited hippie type personality one day then i embrace that. if im all dark and gothic the next day then i embrace that. i understand that i feel and react the way i do for a reason. i personally find with......well i shouldnt say any disorder because i dont have all of them but any disorder i have i find that if you find the reason behind it, its a lot easier to embrace and handle and therefore recover.

example 1:
i feel sad
why
because i dropped the cake on the floor
and it is ok to feel sad that you dropped the cake on the floor. take a deep breath, pick it up and try again

example 2:
i feel anxious
why
because im in a crowded room
it makes sense that you would feel anxious in a crowded room. try to leave so you can catch your breath then go back in or ask to be call in when its your turn (depending on the situation)

these are personal examples for me but i dont see why it couldnt help others. by telling yourself youre overreacting, youre just reinforcing it and making yourself feel worse. you feel the way you do for a reason and that is ok :)

Reactions: Ybother
Ybother

Ybother

Life is a lemon and I want my money back.
Jul 23, 2020
with my personality disorder? i basically just use that as an explanation for things. really though i like to look at it not so much as a disorder but as me. typically its a bad thing to embrace your disorders as yourself but when it comes to a personality disorder i think its an exception. so most people are only 1 but whats so wrong with being more then 1? if i have a free spirited hippie type personality one day then i embrace that. if im all dark and gothic the next day then i embrace that. i understand that i feel and react the way i do for a reason. i personally find with......well i shouldnt say any disorder because i dont have all of them but any disorder i have i find that if you find the reason behind it, its a lot easier to embrace and handle and therefore recover.

example 1:
i feel sad
why
because i dropped the cake on the floor
and it is ok to feel sad that you dropped the cake on the floor. take a deep breath, pick it up and try again

example 2:
i feel anxious
why
because im in a crowded room
it makes sense that you would feel anxious in a crowded room. try to leave so you can catch your breath then go back in or ask to be call in when its your turn (depending on the situation)

these are personal examples for me but i dont see why it couldnt help others. by telling yourself youre overreacting, youre just reinforcing it and making yourself feel worse. you feel the way you do for a reason and that is ok :)
Thanks for this! I've been beating myself up a lot lately and I needed this. Whenever I find myself ruminating over the things I've done wrong, I'll remember your post. It's going to take some time to get used to this kind of thinking, because I was never able to embrace my flaws. I always saw them as something that isolates me from the rest of the world.

Reactions: freakchild
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Thanks for this! I've been beating myself up a lot lately and I needed this. Whenever I find myself ruminating over the things I've done wrong, I'll remember your post. It's going to take some time to get used to this kind of thinking, because I was never able to embrace my flaws. I always saw them as something that isolates me from the rest of the world.
Just remember: you feel the way you do for a reason :hug::heart: you'll be ok. If you ever forget and need a reminder just send me a message :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Ybother
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is an interesting article and with respect to overcoming SI, I suppose there are some aspects and elements of it that helps in doing so. One of which includes being able to distance oneself far enough from what is actually happening which fools the brain into thinking that you aren't going to die/go unconscious. Of course, no one really truly knows what goes on in a person's head (aside from the person CTB'ing) during the person's attempt, so we only have experience and assumption to predict what is going through the mind of that person who is CTB'ing?

Reactions: StateOfMind and bigdog