per_aspera_ad_astra

per_aspera_ad_astra

Oct 29, 2019
Not sure where else to post this, but I'm curious about cases involving survivors to gunshot head wounds. I was wondering if anyone here had any resources (medical/scientific specifically) on these cases. The case I'm most interested is when the gun is shot at a very acute angle, resulting in mainly the face/frontal area of the brain being blown off.

ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
You can do a Google search. That should bring up what you're interested in. I just did a search for "cranial gunshot injuries" and several articles were listed. Anything from National Institute of Health, New England Journal of Medicine, or JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) is reputable.

T

thot88

Student
Apr 11, 2023
There was a man in my hometown who tried to commit suicide by shooting himself under the chin with a rifle. He failed. The lower jaw was just destroyed. He had to undergo severe surgeries and wore a mask for the rest of his life. He then later died of cancer.

Before that attempt, he had experimented with pills and exhaust and hanging himself. Life is persistent in some of us.