Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I adopted a cat over a decade ago. She was very anxious and I could tell her shelter experience was stressful. I think she underwent trauma before the shelter as a young cat. I got a kitten and she and the kitten became fast friends. A while later I moved and took in a dog. She wasn't happy about this. Time passed and I got another dog who would chase her so she was stuck in one room mostly. I should have used my fucking brain and either found her a suitable home or euthanized her. This went on for a long time.

Shit hit the fan and I had no choice but to give up my two cats and one of my dogs. She underwent a lot of stress...Someone young and incompetent adopted her. I think about her every minute of every day. I have terrible thoughts of what her days/nights are like. I hope she is croaked and not in misery anymore.

I'm reminded of her constantly. I will never feel ok about this.

My advice: if you have a pet that is suffering try and find them a better home or euthanize them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: hʚll, FuneralCry, Tomoko and 3 others
P

PeacefulTonic

Enlightened
Aug 10, 2021
You fucked up getting the dog after you moved. But I think you know this already.
Cats can develop really bad anxiety if their living situations are even a little bit suboptimal.
She's most likely in a better place now. I'm sure we've all made some pretty poor life choices, hopefully it doesn't affect you too much mentally day to day.

Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
You fucked up getting the dog after you moved. But I think you know this already.
Cats can develop really bad anxiety if their living situations are even a little bit suboptimal.
She's most likely in a better place now. I'm sure we've all made some pretty poor life choices, hopefully it doesn't affect you too much mentally day to day.
I just said it affects me everyday...literally every minute.

I KNOW cats develop anxiety due to suboptimal living conditions. That's my post.

The dog/s needed a home. Just like her. It was all fucked up. And I really don't think she is in a better place. I hope so...but I feel more hope for her being out of misery.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Guilt can be a painful emotion to deal with, I understand that. We all do things that we regret but I get that it is hard to move past it as we can never forget anything. I strongly agree with what you said about making sure that pets are in a better home.

Reactions: Alwaysbadtime