In your opinion, do you think that life can get better?

• Yes

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Depends on the work you put in

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters
wistfulness

wistfulness

Nov 15, 2023
Life has been throwing awful things my way for years, so I wanted to see what you guys think…

• Informative
Reactions: agony1996, GuessWhosBack and LifeQuitter
BasilThePlant

BasilThePlant

Aug 13, 2024
I believe that eventually, yes, life does get better. But it may become too painful to wait for that day to come, because it can vary from a month to multiple years, that it would be more appealing in the moment to ctb, or quit hoping. It's sort of like a lottery ticket, if you had unlimited money. You would eventually win, but it may take so long that you would rather not keep playing even though you will win at some point. I hope your life gets better soon, wishing you luck in life's imaginary lottery. <3

• Hugs
Reactions: alivefood, malevolentdiety, GuessWhosBack and 4 others
kyhoti

kyhoti

Looking for fair winds and following seas
May 27, 2024
My life over the past five decades has been a shit-show roller-coaster. Sometimes good, occassionally fantastic. Sometimes neck deep in dooky. Most times when I really knuckled up, it was pretty o.k. This last stretch has been almost unbearably crappy.

It matters not, I have my ticket. Barring a miracle, my bus will be pulling into the station soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, divinemistress36 and wistfulness
Steff1337

Steff1337

Autistic and schizophrenic, please be respectful
Jun 21, 2024
From my lifelong experience, life for me unfortunately cannot get better.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, LifeQuitter and wistfulness
Degen

Degen

Aug 28, 2021
Depends, too many variables.
Some of it has to do with managing your own expectations and letting go of unrealistic ideals if you can't reasonably reach it.

Reactions: GuessWhosBack, divinemistress36 and wistfulness
R

ramon

Aug 10, 2024
Life can improve all you want, but it's not crazy to think that such improvements are pointless if you didn't enjoy them at adequate stages of your life.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, hereornot, frost_ and 1 other person
wistfulness

wistfulness

Nov 15, 2023
I believe that eventually, yes, life does get better. But it may become too painful to wait for that day to come, because it can vary from a month to multiple years, that it would be more appealing in the moment to ctb, or quit hoping. It's sort of like a lottery ticket, if you had unlimited money. You would eventually win, but it may take so long that you would rather not keep playing even though you will win at some point. I hope your life gets better soon, wishing you luck in life's imaginary lottery. <3
I really appreciate the analogy, I agree completely. I wish you all the best as well ❤️
My life over the past five decades has been a shit-show roller-coaster. Sometimes good, occassionally fantastic. Sometimes neck deep in dooky. Most times when I really knuckled up, it was pretty o.k. This last stretch has been almost unbearably crappy.

It matters not, I have my ticket. Barring a miracle, my bus will be pulling into the station soon.
I'm sorry to hear that :( I wish you all the best ❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, ramon and BasilThePlant
Draconis

Draconis

Jun 8, 2024
No therefore i CBT before it get worse and i get weaker and more out of shape..or get cancer or something...

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, pthnrdnojvsc and wistfulness
wistfulness

wistfulness

Nov 15, 2023
Life can improve all you want, but it's not crazy to think that such improvements are pointless if you didn't enjoy them at adequate stages of your life.
Very true! Thank you :)
No therefore i CBT before it get worse and i get weaker and more out of shape..or get cancer or something...
Hopefully that won't happen to you…but yeah, cancer's the worst. Took my mother and my godmother's terminally ill with it. Wouldn't wish that on anybody.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and ramon
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Not mine

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and LifeQuitter
DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
No, I don't think life can get better for me. I can see it getting worse though. A lot worse. Maybe for some it does though.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
From where I sit life certain can get better. Weirder things have happened. That said, i cannot fathom any improvements in my life that would outweigh the factors that have led me to chose to ctb.

if i won the lottery and never had to work again, had a medical breakthrough treatment that cured my chronic intolerable pain without side effects, restored my full mobility, cured my mental illnesses, and somehow fixed my marriage to be a relationship again instead of being roommates I still don't think I'd be happy.

Is that selfish? Probably. But I honestly cannot conceive of an improvement of life getting better that would restore my will to live beyond my damn SI.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Yes, life can get better but often it doesn't get better rather worse for a majority for many different reasons.

Reactions: Arachno and GuessWhosBack
BecomingTired

BecomingTired

Lov3rBoy<3
Feb 23, 2024
I don't know. I have no idea, and that feeling of uncertainty is only weighing on my mind as I already seen how far it can go. I only have some control over my life, the rest of it is up to chance.

• Hugs
N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
I feel hopeless, its my personality, who I am, it feels hopeless, I wanna die

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It can. Doesn't necessarily mean it will- no matter how much work you put in. Some things in life can't be fixed which means we have to learn to live with them but, we may not want to.

• Aww..
Reactions: Arachno, GuessWhosBack, LifeQuitter and 1 other person
H

HarryCobean

Apr 12, 2024
As a strictly theoretical thing, yes. Practically, I don't think so.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and N33dT0D13
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
No life can't get better.

All animals get Old . while aging the body , cells and brain of an Animal like a human decays more every day . It gets worse every day especially after age 40 .

No matter the age Every day a human remains alive they are taking risks of something horrible happening

And there is no objective reason to take such risks.

We all will die anyway. Why should I continue working so hard , suffering just to continue existing in this evil oppressive prison hell, waiting for extreme pain and torture and or old age to get me. Why prolong the suffering if we are all going to get very old and die anyway? There is no objective reason

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, sserafim and LifeQuitter
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
It depends on your individual circumstances. It's hard to give a definitive answer in general.

enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
Yes just not mine

• Hugs
H

hereornot

May 16, 2024
I agree @ramon , some things could improve but that doesn't mean there would be enough time to enjoy them.

Every day lost, which turns into months, then years... ends up being too late.

• Hugs
deathtakeme

deathtakeme

Npc
Aug 9, 2024
For some, it depends on what your life has been so far.
I for one have been isolating for so long time has stood still for me and I missed out on important stages of my life. I can't really think that life will get better when i have lost all control over it.

• Hugs
L

lizzywizzy09

Arcanist
May 11, 2024
No. And don't trust anyone who treats this as an indisputable fact.

• Hugs
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
No and life can always get worse

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and Rocinante
GetReadyy

GetReadyy

Aug 15, 2024
Sometimes it feels easy to give up. The important thing is to achieve the difficult. Of course, if you have the strength left to succeed

C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
Life can get better. I know mine can. I can get a better job, I can win the lottery, etc. None of it will be good enough though.

Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
Only if it's in your power and if there are opportunities to do so. Many things are not fixable or irreversible, such as chronic illness and many other things. There are better days sometimes but that until it's all bad again. Generally, of course life can get better, it's obvious. But that's not possible for everyone.

SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
I firmly believe that SOME lives can get better. What happens in the future can't be predicted, we can simply perform actions that could increase the likelihood of good things happening but we can't have the certainty of anything happening in life to the fullest.

I believe that the cases are split between people's lives that can improve and be improved and those who will not or simply physically cannot (like people with terminal illnesses for example). Yes, miracles can happen and all of that but it's not always guaranteed.

I also believe that it is never game over until you stop trying in life. That's more of a fact to me than an opinion, because even the best life ever can be ruined if one stops caring about anything and doing anything for it. While at the same time your life is not over until you stop trying, even if you keep failing as long as you are alive you can physically try.

Some lives get better, some never do. But ultimately the choice if whether to CTB or not is personal and shouldn't be judged in my opinion, as someone here said before: pain and success are relative. Some people can endure stuff others can't. Some can easily solve something and others will be hopeless in front of the same obstacle.

There is no set formula on what to do with the issues life throws in front of you and everyone has to deal with what they have, making absolute statement is of no use because each of us works differently.

That's how I view it at least.

Reactions: Arachno and GuessWhosBack
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Personally I just don't believe existence to be a desirable state in the first place. The only better for me lies in never existing again, existence causes me nothing but suffering and I find it such a torturous and cruel burden to exist. I just don't see anything appealing about suffering in this existence for decades longer just to be tormented dying in agony from old age especially as there is no limit as to how much one can suffer in this existence that was always so futile to me.

Reactions: sserafim
A

Alessio

Aug 9, 2024
By now I have given up hoping that my life will get better