T

Tncfef

Dec 25, 2018
I know a lot of people feel the same way.
Guilt is a phenomenon that delays or even prevents many of us from committing suicide. In order to get rid of this feeling, we must not only reject the social taboos that cause us to feel this way, but also remove it from our minds.

I'd like to know what you think about this.

Reactions: sif, color_me_gone, Strumgewehr and 5 others
Worsethangarbage

Worsethangarbage

Student
Nov 13, 2018
Did anyone ask you before you were born if you wanted to be born in this world or not?
The answer is no. Should I feel guilty leaving without asking others if they are okay with me leaving them forever?

Reactions: Crystal1177, Journeytoletgo, sif and 14 others
T

Tncfef

Dec 25, 2018
Of course not.
There are natural and evolutionary reasons for what makes us feel responsible for our family.its hard to get rid of this emotion.
Did anyone ask you before you were born if you wanted to be born in this world or not?
The answer is no. Should I feel guilty leaving without asking others if they are okay with me leaving them forever?

Reactions: sif, About_to_Go, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
T

Tncfef

Dec 25, 2018
Of course not.
There are natural and evolutionary reasons for what makes us feel responsible for our family.its hard to get rid of this emotion.
It can be much easier for people who are constantly treated badly by their families.

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Worsethangarbage

Worsethangarbage

Student
Nov 13, 2018
Of course not.
So are they responsible for how you are pushed to suicide. People aren't born suicidal are they? Is it just our fault? No.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, sif, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
Worsethangarbage

Worsethangarbage

Student
Nov 13, 2018
I think of it like this, what I am doing right now is against evolution and that's not my fault. Being suicidal is like stuck in a room with fire and smoke in a big building, you won't be tempted to jump from the building at first because the fire is far away but if nothing came to help you, what will you do? Jump or be burned and then have the chance to be alive and suffer pain? The fear of fire will make you jump eventually as it comes closer to you. One fear becomes greater than other and you will just want to die since fear of death is constant while the fear of fire is increasing as the fire approaches you. The tension and stress from that is MUCH worse than thinking about dying at your own will. You have more control on the later while in former, you lack any control or autonomy at all.

Reactions: sif, Tncfef, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
K

Kill Bill

Dec 27, 2018
I keep trying to tell myself that when I'm dead there will be no guilt, no nothing. I hope I'm right. Please just let me go

Reactions: sif, Tncfef, lemmeeleev and 3 others
T

Tncfef

Dec 25, 2018
So are they responsible for how you are pushed to suicide. People aren't born suicidal are they? Is it just our fault? No.
they are responsible for bringing me into this world.

Reactions: sif, About_to_Go, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
When a person is ostracized from society there is a natural feeling of not wanting to be anymore, in old times they used to ""banish" people forcing them from the town making them live in the wilderness like an animal, today its done through criminal records, ageing, discrimination ect. While you may still be able to exist in society it will be at an low level of existence like homelessness or poverty, living in poverty even when ""housed" is crushing to the human "spirit" many old people are in this category existing only on social welfare after retirement (social security) in fact 95% of retirees in the usa exist only through this as there sole means of support without any other income.

Reactions: sif, Haze, Lifeisatrap and 3 others
T

Tncfef

Dec 25, 2018
I keep trying to tell myself that when I'm dead there will be no guilt, no nothing. I hope I'm right. Please just let me go
that is a great way to overcome this feeling.

When there is no you,nothing matters.

Reactions: sif, About_to_Go, Lifeisatrap and 5 others
Pulpit2018

Pulpit2018

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
that is a great way to overcome this feeling.

When there is no you,nothing matters.

Thats some nice solipsism there.
Personally i do not feel like i owe anybody anything.
I have no debt,no criminal record.
I wont apologize for not wanting to eat a shit pie.

Reactions: sif, About_to_Go, Tncfef and 4 others