A

autisticalex

Student
Oct 27, 2020
I am anxious about lots of people sharing my photos around and laughing at me.

• Hugs
Reactions: coppervomit, demuic and Pen>Sword
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Why would the media have your note? Also no, they wouldn't respect it. It's the news, if it makes for interesting reading they'll share it.

Reactions: LunarPyotr, Hirokami, Pen>Sword and 1 other person
A

autisticalex

Student
Oct 27, 2020
Why would the media have your note? Also no, they wouldn't respect it. It's the news, if it makes for interesting reading they'll share it.
police pass it onto the media asking them to respect my wishes, what if I message the local news before hand?

Reactions: Pen>Sword
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
I don't know where you are, but there are media guidelines for reporting on suicides so as not to trigger copycat suicides. If a suicide occurs in a private location, it is not typically reported at all. Suicides in public locations are treated differently, but sometimes the name of the person will be withheld as well as the method used.

Reactions: Élégie, LifeQuitter2018, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
A

autisticalex

Student
Oct 27, 2020
part of me worries that because I am a student and I have autism, despite not being popular, cause of the disability some news will report on it for reasons like that and my friend who no longer likes me will see it, my suicide isn't her fault. i should at least wait until after she graduates so i don't ruin her dissertation.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020

I agree. As long as they find it "profitable", they'll share your suicide story everywhere.

Reactions: Pen>Sword
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
part of me worries that because I am a student and I have autism, despite not being popular, cause of the disability some news will report on it for reasons like that and my friend who no longer likes me will see it, my suicide isn't her fault. i should at least wait until after she graduates so i don't ruin her dissertation.
Obviously, I cannot make you any guarantees, but I would encourage you to google on "media guidelines for reporting on suicides" for the country you are in. Leaving a note with specific instructions is also a good idea. I too would not want my suicide to be the subject of news coverage. I am planning to ctb with SN in a hotel room. Hotels do not want the publicity of a suicide on their premises and typically deal with it discretely. I am also planning to leave a note saying that I do not want an obituary or a funeral. I basically just want to disappear.

Reactions: coppervomit, nox_ghoul and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
ashedout

ashedout

Jan 22, 2021
Do you see many reports or media stories about suicide in your town/city/country? It's not entirely possible to predict what will happen with the media or our stories being shared after we go but I guess the hope for all of us is that we can find peace and accept whatever happens after is outside our control.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, demuic, LittleBabyNothing and 1 other person
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Do you see many reports or media stories about suicide in your town/city/country? It's not entirely possible to predict what will happen with the media or our stories being shared after we go but I guess the hope for all of us is that we can find peace and accept whatever happens after is outside our control.
Actually this is a very valid perspective. Once we ctb we won't really be in any position to care. Personally i like the idea of someone trying to decode my note for any hidden meaning. Like a suicidal zodiac note

• Wow
Reactions: Ame
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Your wishes and requests in this context are worth absolutely nothing.

Reactions: Cashewmilk
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
>the media
>respectful

Reactions: W’ren, LifeQuitter2018, May and 2 others
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
I wouldn't make a request like that. It makes it more likely to bringing it to their attention when it might not have otherwise. Don't do anything to raise attention and hopefully it'll avoid press picking it up.
Please try not to think on others negativity after you've gone. Focus on yourself and what you need now. Reach out for support if you can.

Reactions: Mentalmick, booray and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
Most of us just really don't matter, so there isnt much reason to 'cover' our death. Unless you are wealthy, have expertise, or fame I would say no press would care.

W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
The media isn't generally known to be respectful- the almighty dollar rules above the personal wishes of some person they never knew, you know?

Around here suicides are never reported on. It seems to be taboo. I know when i go i will simply "decrease the surplus population".

No media coverage, no footnote in history- as i am no one worth remembering.

Kinda sucks i never amounted to anything- but so be it.

N

Natty

Student
Jul 27, 2020
The media wouldn't ever report on a some normal persons suicide. I'm not sure if you are naïve to the workings of media or potentially very young, but you are in literally no danger of anything like this at all.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I wouldn't make a request like that. It makes it more likely to bringing it to their attention when it might not have otherwise. Don't do anything to raise attention and hopefully it'll avoid press picking it up.
Please try not to think on others negativity after you've gone. Focus on yourself and what you need now. Reach out for support if you can.
This. I made the mistake of phoning the coppers to tell them where they could find my body. Of course my attempt didn't work. Talk about fucking embarrassing.

• Yay!
Reactions: Endeavour