• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SanguineShark

SanguineShark

I am the monster you created
Jun 23, 2023
What's better to do when you feel like your life is slipping out of your control than impulse buying something that requires your responsibility and attention? A pet! (Sarcasm, it's not really a good idea)
I decided to buy a pet praying mantis, and yes that's something that people own as pets. I used to have one like 5 years ago, and I miss having one, it's like an alien. I wish people could look at insects past the "ew disgusting" or "aaa scary" part. Insects are very interesting creatures, so far removed in the evolution from us, and a praying mantis is like a T-Rex of the insect world. They're actually quite intelligent and looking at them is always so interesting.
Idk, I'm just, I feel like I need an anchor to keep myself alive. I wanted a praying mantis for a long while and thought it's the perfect moment to get one.

SanguineShark

SanguineShark

Jun 23, 2023
I just looked it up. Those guys are pretty big. And very vibrant looking. Definitely a good purchase!!
thank you!! I really wanted to have a big one this time :D
if you want to see a cool one, google "devil flower mantis", they look like aliens!!

cryone

cryone

Student
Nov 23, 2023
Personally, I think getting something that forces you to persevere is a great idea. That is, if you are trying not to die. I sometimes buy things that take weeks to ship, forcing myself to live until I receive the item lmao. Just searched the devil flower mantis, holy shit that's sick!! I didn't know mantis(es?) could look like that.

todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
What's better to do when you feel like your life is slipping out of your control than impulse buying something that requires your responsibility and attention? A pet! (Sarcasm, it's not really a good idea)
I decided to buy a pet praying mantis, and yes that's something that people own as pets. I used to have one like 5 years ago, and I miss having one, it's like an alien. I wish people could look at insects past the "ew disgusting" or "aaa scary" part. Insects are very interesting creatures, so far removed in the evolution from us, and a praying mantis is like a T-Rex of the insect world. They're actually quite intelligent and looking at them is always so interesting.
Idk, I'm just, I feel like I need an anchor to keep myself alive. I wanted a praying mantis for a long while and thought it's the perfect moment to get one.
Oh god how cuuute! I love praying mantis, they are awesome!
Here the exotics pets are kinda too underground and there's no legal way to get them :(
Some time I get a praying mantis visit here, and I interact with them, they are so fascinating.
I'd love to have these and tarantulas. I was going to buy a tarantula but since its not legal here I'm hesitant.
While getting pets being suicidal may seem weird, they are also therapeutic so kinda makes sense
I wish you the best! Send some love to the praying mantis!

Reactions: tiger b
SanguineShark

SanguineShark

Jun 23, 2023
Personally, I think getting something that forces you to persevere is a great idea. That is, if you are trying not to die.
yep that was basically the idea
I needed an anchor to reality I guess, I got scared and needed something
Usually it was small things like waiting when I show I like comes out, or a specific event I want to go to
Just searched the devil flower mantis, holy shit that's sick!! I didn't know mantis(es?) could look like that.
Ikr!! there's so many cool species, I really love them :3
Oh god how cuuute! I love praying mantis, they are awesome!
Here the exotics pets are kinda too underground and there's no legal way to get them :(
Some time I get a praying mantis visit here, and I interact with them, they are so fascinating.
I'd love to have these and tarantulas. I was going to buy a tarantula but since its not legal here I'm hesitant.
While getting pets being suicidal may seem weird, they are also therapeutic so kinda makes sense
I wish you the best! Send some love to the praying mantis!
Awh I wish you could have them, I honestly never researched how legal it is here, but it must be ok since people sell exotic animals on exotic events
I wish I could have a tarantula but my mom is terrified of spiders, so she doesn't want me to xD
And yeah the mantis is gonna be a kind of therapy, It's some new responsibility and also will ground me in reality more

Last edited:
Reactions: tiger b