• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Koal

Koal

Student
Dec 16, 2018
I've been away from this website since the start of this year I think, and I've really really tired to find how life can be okay but I don't think I can. Today in particular was a completely demoralizing affair. I know that my activity on this website makes me seem like I really want to die, but... no? I put a question mark at that because I really don't know.

What I want is to be happy, to have everything go the way I want, every conversation to go exactly as according to the scripts I write in my mind, every life event to pan out exactly as I fantasize. Childish I know, in my mind I fantasize about deep and emotional conversations with someone I care about, constantly professing our love to a sickening degree, but then in reality we talk about farm animals and awkwardly exchange memes and say "ok".

I feel like a child throwing a tantrum when they aren't allowed skittles for breakfast, but the child's fantasy is much more realistic than word for word conversations and sub-atomically accurate control over the universe. Am I just being immature wanting to ctb because some impossible series of events I fantasized about didn't come true?

Reactions: sólstafir, Manaaja, FTL.Wanderer and 1 other person
AhG

AhG

La vie est tout sauf un rêve
Jan 24, 2019
I know, in my mind I fantasize about deep and emotional conversations with someone I care about, constantly professing our love to a sickening degree
Sounds like you are a hopeless romantic. You are looking for a genuine deep connection with someone who shares the same ambitions that you do? If so, I know the feeling. I need that with someone as well, but don't worry, it'll get better.
Do you also feel like since you been off the site, you haven't had these kinds of thoughts about ctb?

Reactions: Koal
Koal

Koal

Student
Dec 16, 2018
Sounds like you are a hopeless romantic. You are looking for a genuine deep connection with someone who shares the same ambitions that you do?
Big part of it I think yes, but it extends beyond romantic fantasizes. Like take that the hopeless romantic feeling and apply it every facet of life

Do you also feel like since you been off the site, you haven't had these kinds of thoughts about ctb?

I've felt like I was able to live in my current situation. I remember up until the start of the week I was able to acknowledge blows to my morale while still being content listening to my music in the university hallway. This week however I've just been crying on and off for no apparent reason and feeling really bad about myself. Maybe I flew too close to the sun and got a little too close to the happiness I fantasize about

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I've been away from this website since the start of this year I think, and I've really really tired to find how life can be okay but I don't think I can. Today in particular was a completely demoralizing affair. I know that my activity on this website makes me seem like I really want to die, but... no? I put a question mark at that because I really don't know.

What I want is to be happy, to have everything go the way I want, every conversation to go exactly as according to the scripts I write in my mind, every life event to pan out exactly as I fantasize. Childish I know, in my mind I fantasize about deep and emotional conversations with someone I care about, constantly professing our love to a sickening degree, but then in reality we talk about farm animals and awkwardly exchange memes and say "ok".

I feel like a child throwing a tantrum when they aren't allowed skittles for breakfast, but the child's fantasy is much more realistic than word for word conversations and sub-atomically accurate control over the universe. Am I just being immature wanting to ctb because some impossible series of events I fantasized about didn't come true?
I really appreciated this post. I don't know where you are in the world, but it's 2AM where I live, and I'm crying tears of bitter disappointment and rage. So, when I saw your recent post about anger, I felt less alone. I also am not dead-set on CTB (pun not intended); I would love for things to go my way for a change. To find a dude who finds my clinging and oversharing to be adorable and fascinating...
That was funny what you wrote about farm animals. Unlike you, I'm not sure I have conversations mapped out in my head, but I definitely wish that I could proceed as usual -- no filter or guile, just being my unadulterated self -- and dudes would just go ape over my effortless charm.
I don't mean to engage in a gender conversation, but right now I am so angry at men. Mostly, I am angry about my thoroughly flawed approach to relating to men, and how it keeps getting me nowhere, but I never freaking change a thing. You know that Shakespeare quote about "the tale of sound and fury signifying nothing"? I forget what he was even referring to. Life, maybe? But, I feel like my whole life is just running around, trying so hard to right the ship of my life, attract a dude, get a good job, make friends...and it just blows up in my face. I'd be better off having done nothing at all. Sorry for going on this tangent. I'm so tired of running around doing sh*t for dudes, and in the end, they'd have liked me better if I'd played hard to get, and scoffed at their requests. I'm so tired of dudes being so damned inflexible. We women it seems --- or, at least I -- am so willing to extend second chances, accept people's quirks.. And, dudes, well, the dudes I meet, seem to have this cut-and-dry approach that, to me, just seems so unfair. I wish my effing libido weren't so effing out-of-control. I'm also tired of this never-ending dance to find the right medications; it's like an expensive hobby. "What are your hobbies?" "Oh, well, scheduling and coordinating appointments with my shrink and my therapist, spending hours scanning and calling my insurance company to have them reimburse me for said appointments, and being at the mercy of the pharmacist when one of the drugs is on back order or some other fun variable." That kind of money and time -- that's what normal people devote to hobbies. But, you can't talk about that with dudes--at least not dudes one meets at first.

I'm so sorry for this tangential rant. I, too, am angry and disappointed. I hate all the men who've rejected me and I hate myself for continuing to put myself in the line of fire when I should so CLEARLY be focusing on my effing self. This weekend I'm going kayaking with an elderly neighbor, but I so wish I was doing something with this d-bag who ghosted me. Have you heard the Smiths' song, "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want"? Well, that's how I feel so often.

I can't even listen to the Rolling Stones or John Lennon anymore. Why not? Because I'm just so jealous of them. Apart from Lennon getting assassinated, it seemed like both of those dudes could pretty much do ANYTHING they wanted. I wonder what that would be like: to know no rejection, to never feel alone, to have people dying to spend time with you. Sleep with and marry whomever I want...however often I want. Buy what I want. DO what I want. You think either of those guys had to curb aspects of their personalities? Or, worry about sequestering themselves like GD monks to "work on improving themSELVES"? HELLS no. That's my dream life: doing whatever the flip I want and people going gaga for it. Never feeling lonely. People wanting to communicate with me and caress me for hours. I'm just the quintessential old and bitter woman, but I am very jealous of those two guys. People treated Lennon like a GOD. I would like that kind of power, and I will likely never have it, so therefore I can't enjoy their music anymore because of my jealousy and never-ending bitterness.

Sorry for writing so much. This inability to edit my communications is isolating me even further. I need to be on one of those drugs that just knocks people the flip out. The old-school mood stabilizers that make people fat and sedentary and zap the libido. I'd love a drug that could help freeze out my inconvenient libido. Thank you for posting, Koal, and again, I'm sorry for the tome.

AhG

AhG

La vie est tout sauf un rêve
Jan 24, 2019
This week however I've just been crying on and off for no apparent reason and feeling really bad about myself.
Do you feel like you are just overwhelmed, like a feeling of anxiety? Overwhelmed with things going on around you, like school, job, worrying about relationships, friendships, maybe family?

Koal

Koal

Student
Dec 16, 2018
Do you feel like you are just overwhelmed, like a feeling of anxiety? Overwhelmed with things going on around you, like school, job, worrying about relationships, friendships, maybe family?
yes I must say it's all quite overwhelming

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018

I don't think you're being "immature wanting ctb for reasons that matter to you. My perspective is very unpopular, from what I can tell, but I believe that, just as you alone should be entitled to decide, without others' input, if you want to discard/give away a pair of running shoes others may greatly value, you're the only one entitled to judge your own life (and your impressions of life in general) and conclude that life is worth it or not for you. It should be irrelevant what others feel about your evaluation of your own life. I hope I don't seem disrespectful or dismissive. But each individual's assessment of her/his own life and life in general, I feel, is sacrosanct and infinitely more important than others' assessments of the individual's life and life-value.

Peace to you.

Reactions: AhG