Sslsh

Sslsh

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
Anybody else hate the imperfections in the world? I seem to hate character flaws in everyone (including myself), imperfections in the way my job functions, in how the society functions, in politics, in religion, in everything.
It's driven me into an existential crisis of sorts. Like if there is no perfect system/society on earth, then what's even the point of living. No matter what we do, there is always going to be pain/compromises. We are always going to run after supposedly greener pastures only to eventually find them imperfect.

• Wow
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Loser47 and MAA Ke pass
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I do, the way the world works in a very unbalanced and unfair way boosts my depression and hopelessness. It is not my main reason, but really makes things worse.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Sslsh
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Humans are pretty much the only problem this planet has. Pretty much everything bad in the world leads back to humans. We've seriously got to go. We're overdue for a global extinction event anyway so it can't be too far away.

Reactions: HowNowBrownCow, NeverGoodEnuff and Sslsh
Sslsh

Sslsh

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
I do, the way the world works in a very unbalanced and unfair way boosts my depression and hopelessness. It is not my main reason, but really makes things worse.
Exactly. It acts like a catalyst.
Humans are pretty much the only problem this planet has. Pretty much everything bad in the world leads back to humans. We've seriously got to go. We're overdue for a global extinction event anyway so it can't be too far away.
I wouldn't wait for one though :-/. 2012 had me disappointed.

Reactions: Lupgevif and Mentalmick
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I wouldn't wait for one though :-/. 2012 had me disappointed
I've been working on it. I've been beaming out radio signals calling every alien race possible a "bunch of inbred wankers", and supplying earth's coordinates. Bound to rile someone up.

• Yay!
Reactions: Sslsh
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
We're overdue for a global extinction event anyway so it can't be too far away.
We're our own global extinction event - in essence we're collectively carrying out a slow, gruelling global suicide, taking as many other forms of life with us in the process.

Reactions: HowNowBrownCow, Mentalmick and NeverGoodEnuff