S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
I understand people want to use various methods but what i dont get is why wouldnt you want to minimise the impact your suicide wpuld have on others. For instance, the train method. What about the person driving that train, what is gonna happen to them, will they have the nerve to go back to work and if they dont then that will have an impact on maybe family they have. I know all suicide will have some impact on someone but really, jumping off a bridge over a motorway, running into traffic no wonder people call suicides selfish.

P.S sorry for the long post im alittle wired in my head today

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Susannah, 406blue and 4 others
Morbidreality

Morbidreality

98lbs is the perfect weight
Sep 10, 2018
I too believe in that theory...but I also believe in fate....maybe some traumas are meant for certain people

Reactions: Deafsn0w, IG959, lv-gras and 2 others
lostinthedream

lostinthedream

Warlock
Sep 2, 2018
I too believe in that theory...but I also believe in fate....maybe some traumas are meant for certain people

This is how i approach it as well. Ultimately it's for the growth/experience of all parties involved.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, deathwish and lv-gras
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
Sometimes people only have access to the violent methods, and the violent methods are reliable. Or in my case I'm using a gun (very lethal) so that I can die immediately and not have to worry about no one being in the house. Anarchy didn't really seem to have any other options other than by train.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Susannah, IG959 and 6 others
Morbidreality

Morbidreality

Sep 10, 2018
This is how i approach it as well. Ultimately it's for the growth/experience of all parties involved.
Exactly. But with being said....I've had enough trauma in my life that I would never want to burden someone with my negative energy. I'm just trying to CTB, I don't want to bother anyone while I'm at...I do that enough

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Deafsn0w, Susannah and 4 others
Morbidreality

Morbidreality

Sep 10, 2018
Sometimes people only have access to the violent methods, and the violent methods are reliable. Or in my case I'm using a gun (very lethal) so that I can die immediately and not have to worry about no one being in the house. Anarchy didn't really seem to have any other options other than by train.
So lucky :mmm:

Reactions: Deafsn0w, lv-gras and Trashcan
lostinthedream

lostinthedream

Warlock
Sep 2, 2018
Exactly. But with being said....I've had enough trauma in my life that I would never want to burden someone with my negative energy. I'm just trying to CTB, I don't want to bother anyone while I'm at...I do that enough

I appreciate that, and I wish you all the best in finding a way.. with a minimal impact...

Reactions: Deafsn0w, lv-gras and Morbidreality
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I think there is nothing selfish about it at all, I am fortunate enough to have a handgun so I won´t blow my brains out like if I used a shotgun and I can basically do it anywhere but it is society´s and the laws fault that people choose to jump in front of a train or jump from a bridge, building etc. if there weren´t any laws everyone could get a gun to use or even use euthanasia.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, lv-gras, Delaying and 1 other person
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
In a way it shows to society if euthanasia was legal maybe people wouldn't find extreme measures to die. What can you do in a forced situation with limited options to opted out? Sure it's selfish but so is forcing a person to live an unwanted life.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w, throwaway777 and 5 others
L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018

what? So if you murder someone could you say it was fate that they died? What are you on about? Sounds like someone who doesnt like taking responsibility.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Made4TV and lv-gras
L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
In a way it shows to society if euthanasia was legal maybe people wouldn't find extreme measures to die. What can you do in a forced situation with limited options to opted out? Sure it's selfish but so is forcing a person to live an unwanted life.

Sounds like school shooter mentality. Send a message yet make yourself look stupid and kill mostly the people you want to "defend". Not the way to do things if you want to appear level headed.

Morbidreality

Morbidreality

Sep 10, 2018
Insults will not be tolerated.
Sounds like someone who has a stick way too far up their ass? More than likely.
Taking it way out of context.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and lv-gras
L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
Sounds like someone who has a stick way too far up their ass? More than likely.
Taking it way out of context.

Then explain the context. Because youre taking a situation entirely up to your control and using fate as an excuse.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and deathwish
Morbidreality

Morbidreality

Sep 10, 2018
Sounds like school shooter mentality. Send a message yet make yourself look stupid and kill mostly the people you want to "defend". Not the way to do things if you want to appear level headed.
The way you take things so out of context is now actually funny. What's your deal dude? You CTB today? If not relax & smoke a joint untill then.

Reactions: Deafsn0w
Morbidreality

Morbidreality

Sep 10, 2018
Then explain the context. Because youre taking a situation entirely up to your control and using fate as an excuse.
We are ALL taking about taking our own lives. Nothing having to do with taking anyone's life or school shooting for that matter

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Circles and Shewaitsforme
L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
The way you take things so out of context is now actually funny. What's your deal dude? You CTB today? If not relax & smoke a joint untill then.

you still havnt explained the context. Thats a trend I notice on this forum. Say something that someone doesnt like in a polite manner and they resort to insults and beating around the bush.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and deathwish
L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
We are ALL taking about taking our own lives. Nothing having to do with taking anyone's life or school shooting for that matter

You obviously dont understand my analogy.

Morbidreality

Morbidreality

Sep 10, 2018
you still havnt explained the context. Thats a trend I notice on this forum. Say something that someone doesnt like in a polite manner and they resort to insults and beating around the bush.
But you're not being polite. You're being quite arrogant really

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Circles
Morbidreality

Morbidreality

Sep 10, 2018
You obviously dont understand my analogy.
That's leaves both of us. Except I don't care about what you have to say anymore.

Rocky M

Rocky M

I'm A Monster
Jun 20, 2018
I understand people want to use various methods but what i dont get is why wouldnt you want to minimise the impact your suicide wpuld have on others. For instance, the train method. What about the person driving that train, what is gonna happen to them, will they have the nerve to go back to work and if they dont then that will have an impact on maybe family they have. I know all suicide will have some impact on someone but really, jumping off a bridge over a motorway, running into traffic no wonder people call suicides selfish.

P.S sorry for the long post im alittle wired in my head today
Dont worry about how long or short the post is, we're all here to get things off our chest before we go.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree. No outsider should ever have to deal with the consequences of someone who is dying by suicide.

Even if the person dying had the intent of emotionally hurting someone else (be it revenge or something along those lines), it should never be someone who wasn't involved in the first place, if this makes any sense. Other than abuse and guilt, part of my reason for ctb is out of spite, but I will not hurt anyone other than the people I intend to hurt which is why I've chosen hanging because it doesn't involve others.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Susannah, Shewaitsforme and 1 other person
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018

Jeeze Limbo you dont half like to cause issues on my posts. Its always you man. Whats the deal? Its getting kind of ruining the vibe yano. Please have a little think before you comment because your replies read like your trolling not here to support others etc

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Made4TV and Morbidreality
Morbidreality

Morbidreality

Sep 10, 2018
Jeeze Limbo you dont half like to cause issues on my posts. Its always you man. Whats the deal? Its getting kind of ruining the vibe yano. Please have a little think before you comment because your replies read like your trolling not here to support others etc
Right? Like wtf is this guy?

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Shewaitsforme
L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018

Youre the one who called me uneducated. I never insulted you, coming across as a hypocrite.

J

Jaded

Student
Sep 8, 2018
It's a bad situation but the fault lies with countries not allowing euthanasia. If someone is desperate and at the end of their tether, they may take desperate measures.

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
I wonder if the person is in so much much agony they cannot even think of another way or consequences

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Rocky M and Morbidreality
L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
I wonder if the person is in so much much agony they cannot even think of another way or consequences

Thats how it is a lot of times. Impulsive suicides over heartbreak fall under this for instance, or losing a job, or failing education (i guess that all comes under heartbreak). But its always up to the individual to decide. We only live 75ish years; if 1 is hell to get over a reversible situation, it is really worth it? Its a big debate with varying views even within a community like ours.

Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
People don't call suicides selfish because of the methods chosen... otherwise they wouldn't discourage and disparage all of it. A suicide that affects almost nobody is still considered selfish for many reasons, plenty of which aren't valid. People who are suicidal are selfish insofar as they can't tolerate pain for the sake of others further and take what they judge to be the best actions for themselves - usually after many attempts to bear suffering for others, and often while having to live with the idea that they are a burden regardless of whether they're alive or dead. I wish people would reconsider before coming on here and regurgitating those kinds of truisms.

I agree people should seek to minimise their impact on others, but as long as suicide must remain a furtive and difficult act, there are always going to be people who struggle to find a way to do this. And I think loss will always be an emotional response to love; suicide, like any death, will be painful, and right now it is especially so because of what it represents. But I strongly believe that some (not all) of the unique trauma of suicide is induced by the fact that the suicidal must become fugitives to succeed, and what that means for their behaviour, their feelings, their methods, and the circumstances of their death, as well as people's understanding of them and ability to come to terms with it.

I see very few people on here who actively want to cause pain with these methods; there are so many threads on here where it's obvious people are living purely for others or torn up about the impact they will have that it seems preposterous to me to call the suicidal more selfish than anyone else. The harm caused by a suicide is not all harm caused by the individual; it is also harm that was done to the individual to start with. It may be instinctive to recoil from death, but it is also instinctive to make suffering stop.

There is special contempt for people who do it by train due to train driver PTSD - train drivers, at least in my country, are serious agitators for mental health reform, because their suffering is induced by others' suffering. (Of course, it's not just the mentally ill who suicide!) Society has failed train drivers; it denies them rights as workers and alienates them in the same way, it denies them the same treatment other people with PTSD also need (and may even be possible already!), and it fails the mentally ill at every level, then leaves them as the first response to the worst parts of it. Some problems- some intolerable illnesses, some pain, some philosophical issues - are not remediable and not preventable, but those people have no recourse; many situations could be remedied or prevented but are instead exacerbated by people's circumstances.

I feel really, truly bad for train workers - I've read quite a lot about their experiences with suicide - and I think most people do, but I also feel really bad for the people who choose such a method because they feel there is no better way. In the case of an impulsive suicide carried out in blind agony, I feel even worse for them for various reasons. I don't know of anyone who isn't aware that they involve others when they die this way. And finally, if people don't have access to another method that's as reliable as train decapitation or aren't capable of it (whether for psychological reasons or due to their life circumstances), then that's sad too.

I strongly encourage people who are considering this method to do deep reflection within themselves why they can't do something different - if they have particular hangups, maybe those could be overcome. An important part of end of life planning is reflecting on and acknowledging what will likely happen as a result of your actions, and coming to terms with it - including who will be affected and whether one can change that or not. (It's not just the train that can traumatise random people) But also, it's not evil to need a way out of a trap.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Susannah, deathwish and 3 others
M

Mljonzy

Student
Aug 21, 2018
I have thought about this a lot and realised that nobody has ever shown me any mercy or any empathy towards me. Get help they say so i really don't care who finds me whatever method i die by. I even hope it traumatises them for life i just fucking hate everyone apart people who suffer. I just had enough of people they make me sick.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Living_Ghost