• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

obei

obei

This is the only place where you can say “kys”
Aug 4, 2023
This is an idea that just got into my head.
So I am currently in preparation for entrance exam for art uni.
Game art major to be exact.
So there is a few unis in my country where they have this major, and if the dates of exams dont overlap you can try for a few ones.
My mother has this belief that I am amazing at art and can get into this REALLY hard to get in uni, but I would personally like to get into this easier to get in 3 year uni. Dont get me wrong, I do wanna work, but my mental health is so bad I cant bear the thought of going to this big uni in another town. I just know I wont be able to do it, my mental health is so fragile.
Even though my mother says I get to choose my own path, but she is making it look like I do want to go to that uni, even though I told her I wanna go to this other uni.
Other thing is, if you are high on the list you get to have a scholarship for the uni, and while I am not sure if ill pass the uni exam for the big one im pretty sure I can get on to a scholaship on the other one, since it is quite easy exam, Ive been in art high school and Ik all that shit.
So like, what should I do?
Should I stand my ground, and not go to exam at all, or just do it badly on purpose so I dont even have the chance of going there and prob it being hell for me.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Can't make that choice for you but if you are able to why not just go to the other one behind your mothers back? If it's anything like it is here, an entrance exam will cost money so it's best to save what you can.

Reactions: obei
DrPepper709

DrPepper709

Feb 5, 2024
I am so sick of parents making decisions for their kids with no regard for how this affects their mental health. As someone who went to the college, their parent wanted me to go to for the same reason, I wasn't forced, but it was heavily implied there was a "right" school -- I hated it and became depressed, and now I'm a burnout. (read my post for more info)

Do your best on the exam anyway, but talk to your mom, and if she doesn't support you, just go to the school of your choosing anyway. Be firm in your decision so she'll have to at least accept it. You will probably regret picking the college based on your parent's decision if you hate the environment and know it won't help your mental health. You're the one who will have to live with this choice, not her.

Reactions: obei
obei

obei

This is the only place where you can say “kys”
Aug 4, 2023
Yep, exams are costly, but they dont care as long as I try. I dont wanna try. I go ti preparations for uni that cost 280 dollars a month (in my country the average salary is around 600-700 euros) and I DONT EVEN WANNA GO THERE. I dont have to go to preparations for that easier uni…

permanently tired

permanently tired

Eternally napping
Nov 8, 2023
I am so sick of parents making decisions for their kids with no regard for how this affects their mental health. As someone who went to the college, their parent wanted me to go to for the same reason, I wasn't forced, but it was heavily implied there was a "right" school -- I hated it and became depressed, and now I'm a burnout. (read my post for more info)

Do your best on the exam anyway, but talk to your mom, and if she doesn't support you, just go to the school of your choosing anyway. Be firm in your decision so she'll have to at least accept it. You will probably regret picking the college based on your parent's decision if you hate the environment and know it won't help your mental health. You're the one who will have to live with this choice, not her.
This what pushed to me forum. Maybe if I had the strength to tell them I didn't want to it could've ended differently but idfk. Also if I said I didn't want to then they'd press me on what my future plans are and I just don't know so it wouldn't go anywhere

T

TorchMyCorpse

-
Feb 2, 2024
As someone who has just completed a university degree, I can tell you that there is a high chance that the course will evaporate any remains of your mental health.

And don't get me started on trying to find a job afterwards, I have never felt so insignificant in my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: breezeboy