Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Picture some sort of dormitory or complex with shared community spaces. And we all lived there, single, pets, kids, everyone.

We are very supportive and caring here - wondefully and surprisingly so! What do you think we'd be like to each other in real life?

Here, it's easy to be compassionate because have of our prejudices and biases are gone. We interpret meanings from words and emojis and we get to know each other and form opinions based on them. Do you think it would still be as comfortable under the umbrella of SS but with no screens between us?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: wordsonscreen, LittleBlackCat, Bigpink and 18 others
TheSoundofTime

TheSoundofTime

In time you will find peace...
Aug 9, 2020
Picture some sort of dormitory or complex with shared community spaces. And we all lived there, single, pets, kids, everyone.

We are very supportive and caring here - wondefully and surprisingly so! What do you think we'd be like to each other in real life?

Here, it's easy to be compassionate because have of our prejudices and biases are gone. We interpret meanings from words and emojis and we get to know each other and form opinions based on them. Do you think it would still be as comfortable under the umbrella of SS but with no screens between us?
I like the whole idea of yours . It would be one of the most pleasant experiences to meet all of this community in person and share actual thoughts face to face. On the other hand, I am thinking now - for those of us really committed to ctb - how hard it would be seeing some of us die one day after all the talks, all the sharing, all the drinks, all the... I know it would prolong the fact and would make the last days count big time, but not change the whole deal. The idea presented here, I would say would be the best location to go - where no one judges and everyone understands.
good call Coeur.Brisė

• Hugs
Reactions: wordsonscreen, Bigpink, Zyntkalla and 8 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Do you think it would still be as comfortable under the umbrella of SS but with no screens between us?

No intention of shitting on your utopic vision, but only because you asked...

I feel safer here because there are screens between us, and an ignore button. There are plenty of decent people, and there are also plenty of wolves in decent people clothing, and plenty of wolves in their own fur. All those shared community spaces and I'd be in my room all the time. As soon as I came out, someone would accuse me of being paranoid, or say I was hurting the unity and well-being of the community by repeatedly pointing out all the wolf hair in the lint traps in the laundry room.

• Love
Reactions: wordsonscreen, LastFlowers, overcomingfear and 27 others
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I like the whole idea of yours . It would be one of the most pleasant experiences to meet all of this community in person and share actual thoughts face to face. On the other hand, I am thinking now - for those of us really committed to ctb - how hard it would be seeing some of us die one day after all the talks, all the sharing, all the drinks, all the... I know it would prolong the fact and would make the last days count big time, but not change the whole deal. The idea presented here, I would say would be the best location to go - where no one judges and everyone understands.
good call Coeur.Brisė

I think we can start with a zoom meeting and see how that goes first. People are kind, yes, but you don't know what lays beneath the surface. (Lots of fur) see comment from @GoodPersonEffed

Reactions: wordsonscreen, Zyntkalla, death137 and 3 others
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I'm such a cynic. I know that I may come across as one way here but in person I'm probably not what anyone imagines. I think that about everyone.

I toggle between here and Reddit (see how useless my life is right now?). Here, we're compassionate and supportive, in part because of the anonymity. There, people are cruel and dismssive, in part because of the anonymity.

My feeling (for whatever that's worth!?) Is that human nature would take over and most of the beauty we see in people here would vanish, or be very tarnished.

So I'll just stay here in my Rabbit Hole of oblivion. :hug:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: death137, BitterlyAlive, Living_Hurts_so_Much and 5 others
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
My feeling (for whatever that's worth!?) Is that human nature would take over and most of the beauty we see in people here would vanish, or be very tarnished.

So I'll just stay here in my Rabbit Hole of oblivion. :hug:
Good idea. I for one think that the utopia would fall apart very quickly. A lot of us here are suicidal because they don't do well around others. I for one suffer from paranoia. It would be hard to trust anyone in such a commune because of the abundance of disguised wolves. Such a utopia would be full of drama. There would also be the constant heartache of losing a member to ctb from time to time.

Reactions: death137, Meditation guide, Red and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I'd rather visit @HadEnough1974's suicide hotel, but now I'm thinking he needs to put strong security measures in place. :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 18655
I_love_to_bake

I_love_to_bake

Student
Feb 27, 2020

I feel safer here because there are screens between us, and an ignore button. There are plenty of decent people, and there are also plenty of wolves in decent people clothing, and plenty of wolves in their own fur. All those shared community spaces and I'd be in my room all the time. As soon as I came out, someone would accuse me of being paranoid, or say I was hurting the unity and well-being of the community by repeatedly pointing out all the wolf hair in the lint traps in the laundry room.
I always respect and appreciate your honesty. When something needs to be said, I can see you saying it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: death137, woxihuanni, BitterlyAlive and 7 others
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
it's easier to be someone else where there's a screen blocking everything too. not in the nice way that you'd be thinking, but in the little ticks that make up a person that you simply can't see through text. how quick someone is to react, for example, can be ignored by walking away from the screen.

Reactions: death137, Red, Fingir ser feliz and 3 others
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
No we'd all be lying around crying, self harming and getting increasingly paranoid about being left out. Or maybe that'd just be me!

• Love
Reactions: Bigpink, greekyfish10, overcomingfear and 4 others
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
I'd be all like: Who left the dishes in the sink? Why is there lint in the tumble dryer? Who drank all the coffee? Eeewww... is that hair in the shower?!!!!!

You guys would kick my sorry ass out on the street faster than the speed of light square.

• Hugs
Reactions: wordsonscreen, Bigpink, greekyfish10 and 7 others
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
I know there is a lot if cynicism here and maybe rightly so , but there could also be a possibility of making some new friends , having few great days of mutual comfort and understanding each other till we check out all together.

Reactions: overcomingfear and death137
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
The sentiment is nice, but humans can't maintain a utopia, at least in my opinion. I like the idea of a strong supportive bond face to face, but eventually cliques would form, grieving members ctb would cause greater despair, and it wouldn't be the safe place like it is here. It actually makes me think we'd end up like the Jonestown massacre... only instead of koolaid it would be sn lol It's a nice thought though.

Reactions: greekyfish10, overcomingfear, grungeCat and 2 others
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I'd rather visit @HadEnough1974's suicide hotel, but now I'm thinking he needs to put strong security measures in place. :pfff:

Yes I was thinking of security measures, the Wolf will no doubt "huff and puff" and try to blow the hotel down.

However, this little red riding hood is equipped with Sn laced "wolf bait".

As the wolf inhales, I'll take out my "salt shaker" and the wolf will inhale a bunch of Sn and before you know it, the wolf will be as blue as a smurf!!

Thanks for the heads up @GoodPersonEffed , you have a talent for spotting those wolves. ;)

Again, emphasis on I "try" to be funny...

Reactions: greekyfish10, woxihuanni, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
TheSoundofTime

TheSoundofTime

In time you will find peace...
Aug 9, 2020
I think we can start with a zoom meeting and see how that goes first. People are kind, yes, but you don't know what lays beneath the surface. (Lots of fur) see comment from @GoodPersonEffed
I think it could work for us in zoom. If we are really up for it, we might just create another thread and sign anyone interested in....

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
The thought of living with lots of people would be hell in earth for me. Personally I think it would be emotionally and mentally exhausting surrounded by people who were depressed, mentally ill, struggling 24/7. I think some members would spiral even faster in such an environment.

I wish I could be positive like you!

Reactions: greekyfish10, death137, epic and 4 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020

I agree.
I think it would start out as a utopian dream, all the members having a common vision and goal, but there would be chances that it could degenerate into some kind of dystopia, given that some members would be more introverted and less community-oriented, and others would be more assertive and controlling.

I'm not talking some lord of the flies sh*t dystopia, but things could turn sour and acrimonious between some members, and I assume the community project would disband at some point, for the well-being of all.

Then we would all return to the safety of the screens and emojis.

Last edited:
Reactions: death137, I_love_to_bake, Fingir ser feliz and 1 other person
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
@Emily_Numb HAHAHA No one's ever called me positive! Thanks for the chuckle...

I think it would a disaster. The idea of it would be great - just transplant everyone from here to a physical setting and continue the support...

And the unicorns can bring us cotton candy for dinner and we can fly between rooms using our minds. :pfff:

I think who we are on here is only a fraction of who each of us is in real life and that, in real life, we wouldn't treat each other as well. Sadly, but I think it's true. It puts how special things are here, screen-to-screen.
Yes I was thinking of security measures, the Wolf will no doubt "huff and puff" and try to blow the hotel down.

Thanks for the heads up @GoodPersonEffed , you have a talent for spotting those wolves. ;)

I nominate @GoodPersonEffed as GateKeeper. Second?

Reactions: overcomingfear, death137, I_love_to_bake and 5 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
@Emily_Numb HAHAHA No one's ever called me positive! Thanks for the chuckle...

I think it would a disaster. The idea of it would be great - just transplant everyone from here to a physical setting and continue the support...

And the unicorns can bring us cotton candy for dinner and we can fly between rooms using our minds. :pfff:

I think who we are on here is only a fraction of who each of us is in real life and that, in real life, we wouldn't treat each other as well. Sadly, but I think it's true. It puts how special things are here, screen-to-screen.

I nominate @GoodPersonEffed as GateKeeper. Second?

To be clear, I was giving the like react to your sarcastic vision of unicorns, etc.!

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
@GoodPersonEffed No, the unicorns would be real.

Reactions: so tired or manic and GoodPersonEffed
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
The thought of living with lots of people would be hell in earth for me. Personally I think it would be emotionally and mentally exhausting surrounded by people who were depressed, mentally ill, struggling 24/7. I think some members would spiral even faster in such an environment.

I wish I could be positive like you!
In this case then I'm all for it! Nothing beats SI than spiraling in an emotionally and mentally exhausting hell on earth. Most of us would ctb in a week, preferably in big Jonestown type groups.

• Wow
Reactions: overcomingfear, death137, Meditation guide and 2 others
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
if we're getting unicorns out of this i'm all in

Reactions: Deleted member 19276 and Deleted member 18655
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Honestly making friends here is a mixed bag. Most people are nice, but it feels so sad when someone does ctb. I feel guilty for not wanting them to because I want to respect their choice, but it's hard to accept someone that I've really become friends with dying.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: grungeCat, death137, Lorntroubles and 7 others
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I love this idea :heart: It would eliminate my minor reasons for wanting to ctb -- not being understood is one of them.

I think we would all get along perfectly, but maybe that's just in my imagination. Of course there'd be those occasional fights like there are here :pfff: But like most times here, in a community with only us, I assume there would be those who could break it up and be logical.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19276 and I_love_to_bake
fluffysuicidalbear

fluffysuicidalbear

Waiting for the bus to arrive.
Aug 1, 2020
This idea is great! An irl safe environment like on here would be so nice. Plus we could have a bar serving fresh N!

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19276
Crimsonskye

Crimsonskye

Aug 28, 2018
You're thinking of a psychiatric ward

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: overcomingfear, CarbonMonoxide, death137 and 7 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
While that may sound like a pleasant and interesting idea, I could see potential problems arising from it. First off, not everyone would be on the same page, even within the pro-choice community, we all have nuances in opinions and differences which would lead to a lot of contention. Then there is the problem of wolves in sheep's clothing but this time in the meatspace (similar to what @GoodPersonEffed mentioned), and finally, there is the risk of someone stopping someone from exercising self-deliverance due to protective instinct (similar to the SI but rather PI (no pun intended) imposed on another human being, thus denying said person from his/her self-deliverance. Never forget that humans are inherently selfish and even people who are really pro-choice may run the risk of 'the heat of the moment' act which could entail intervention.

Thus, I believe being separated by a screen and physical distance between one another in this community would be be the best policy for all. This, of course, does not mean that people couldn't try to meet up or form smaller groups on their own (they are free to do so), they just need to understand the risks and assume personal responsibility for doing so.

Reactions: death137, Lost in a Dream, Deleted member 19276 and 1 other person
catscradle

catscradle

Now I will destroy the whole world
Jul 10, 2020
could have a dedicated CTB room stocked with all your favorite methods

• Wow
Reactions: overcomingfear, death137, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
We would just need someone to head the movement and organise things...

Attachments

• images.jpeg-1.jpg
    images.jpeg-1.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Love
Reactions: illbehave, CarbonMonoxide and Deleted member 19276