D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
I'm currently thinking of not doing masters (postgrad) as I am just too lazy. I'm not motivated enough. I would much rather just watch TV shows, sleep & enjoy myself from time to time. But, i'm scared i'll end up feeling empty & meaningless. What do u think? Any ideas.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137, Trannydiary, Deleted member 22624 and 1 other person
LooksAtMoonDog

LooksAtMoonDog

Too Long in the Wasteland
Nov 10, 2020
Life is meaningless whether you get a Master's or not. Eventually you have to confront the meaningless and hopelessness of life anyway, because any career, hobby, lover you pursue is just a distraction and coping mechanism. So choose what works for you.

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Trannydiary and Deleted member 22624
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I got my degree and a good job and still felt (and feel) empty.

I've also tried with love and travelling. Nothing seems to be working.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, Deleted member 23885, LooksAtMoonDog and 1 other person
M

makingsure4

Student
Jan 6, 2021
Maybe it's time for a rest from school. You'll know when it's time to go back. If you decide to.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
How about asking your dad to cut you off for a year, for example, and see how you do on your own?

D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
How about asking your dad to cut you off for a year, for example, and see how you do on your own?
Highly unlikely that he would let me as he's worried about my depression. He doesn't trust me on my own. Anyway, your suggestion made me laugh (in a good way).

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
You could always take a gap year first to see how you do. It also probably depends on how much you even enjoy studying whatever degree your pursuing. It might also be worth evaluating if you need the Master's to get a job because otherwise you'll just be wasting time and money only to end up harder to employ after you get your Master's.

D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
You could always take a gap year first to see how you do. It also probably depends on how much you even enjoy studying whatever degree your pursuing. It might also be worth evaluating if you need the Master's to get a job because otherwise you'll just be wasting time and money only to end up harder to employ after you get your Master's.
My dad said the same thing. It would be easy to find a job in a charity with just a bachelor's degree. So, he thinks I'm pretty much done unless I really want to study more.

• Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
My dad said the same thing. It would be easy to find a job in a charity with just a bachelor's degree. So, he thinks I'm pretty much done unless I really want to study more.
Your dad actually sounds pretty accommodating then lol mine would have forced me to keep going if he was still in my life.

Reactions: Deleted member 23885
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Unless you're aiming for a future in the academia, work experience is much more valuable for your career than extra degrees. If you can get a decent job with a bachelors, there's no reason to take masters.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog and Deleted member 23885