Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I've called myself a coward for letting my SI get the better of me in the past, but now I think a better word for me is "weak."

Weak because anxiety, the main reason I need to ctb, is also what has stopped me in the past.
Weak because I wasn't strong enough get over my anxiety just long enough to do this one last thing for myself.
I think that I'm stronger, and more comfortable with the SN method now, months later, enough to get over it.
I think all the knowledge I've learned about SN over the months has helped. I really believe that, while it's still going to be hard as hell, I can overcome my SI now.

I'm also weak when it comes to my life in general. Weak because I let my anxiety control my life, weak because I can't work and I'm a burden on my mom,
weak because I let every little thing get to me, weak because I can't help but take everything personally and overreact to everything.
I'm too weak and too thin skinned for this world.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: malcontent, botanormal, Disco Biscuit and 23 others
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
-big hug and love-
no matter how weak you say you are, i'll always love you <3

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Ghost2211, dropdeadfred and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I've called myself a coward for letting my SI get the better of me in the past, but now I think a better word for me is "weak."

Weak because anxiety, the main reason I need to ctb, is also what has stopped me in the past.
Weak because I wasn't strong enough get over my anxiety just long enough to do this one last thing for myself.
I think that I'm stronger, and more comfortable with the SN method now, months later, enough to get over it.
I think all the knowledge I've learned about SN over the months has helped. I really believe that, while it's still going to be hard as hell, I can overcome my SI now.

I'm also weak when it comes to my life in general. Weak because I let my anxiety control my life, weak because I can't work and I'm a burden on my mom,
weak because I let every little thing get to me, weak because I can't help but take everything personally and overreact to everything.
I'm too weak and too thin skinned for this world.
It's hard to hear you beating yourself up over just being human. I'm scared to death of this whole thing and not ashamed to admit it. It's not weakness. It's normal for most of us. It IS hard. It's so hard I may not ever be able to do and and will live to regret not doing it. But I will never call myself weak.

And having some mental health problems is not weak either. It's just human nature and so common it should almost be considered normal.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Rue89, Lilacmoon and 2 others
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Did I read somewhere that you've had to undergo several brain surgeries? If so that's not what most people's conditions are like. You're in a harder situation than most people and yet you always blame yourself. It doesn't sound like you need to blame yourself at all and I agree with other posters that having difficulty in catching the bus does not make you any weaker than the vast majority of the population.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Rue89, x~Sophia~x and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
You're not weak for having anxiety, You're strong for enduring it. You're not weak for having SI, you're human. None of this is easy, and none of us are strong or weak for how we handle it.

• Love
Reactions: Emilia1012, Rue89 and x~Sophia~x
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Who said you're a burden on your mum? Has it been said, or is that your perception?

Reactions: Ghost2211 and Disappointered
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Who said you're a burden on your mum? Has it been said, or is that your perception?
Nobody has said that to me, but I'm 24 and still living at home. Because of my anxiety I can't work, can't drive, can't even do little things like cooking or making phone calls. While my mom hasn't said anything about me, she has said stuff to me many times about wishing that my brother would move out. He's 2 years younger than me. How can she not be thinking that about me too?

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Nobody has said that to me, but I'm 24 and still living at home. Because of my anxiety I can't work, can't drive, can't even do little things like cooking or making phone calls. While my mom hasn't said anything about me, she has said stuff to me many times about wishing that my brother would move out. He's 2 years younger than me. How can she not be thinking that about me too?
Because your anxiety makes you special needs. If I had one child without special needs and one with I would have different expectations.

• Love
Reactions: Disappointered, Rue89 and x~Sophia~x
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Did I read somewhere that you've had to undergo several brain surgeries? If so that's not what most people's conditions are like. You're in a harder situation than most people and yet you always blame yourself. It doesn't sound like you need to blame yourself at all and I agree with other posters that having difficulty in catching the bus does not make you any weaker than the vast majority of the population.
Yes I did, but that was when I was a child, the last one about 14 years ago. I feel like that shouldn't affect my life now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, Disappointered and Ghost2211
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020

Your mom knows that you can't live on your own just yet, you need her support for a bit longer.

If your brother has a job and can be self sufficient, then at the age of 22, he's old enough to get his own place.
Yes I did, but that was when I was a child, the last one about 14 years ago. I feel like that shouldn't affect my life now.

Maybe you should speak to your GP and ask them if your brain surgeries will affect you still and maybe for the rest of your life?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rue89, Disappointered, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
It could still affect you since it affected your childhood.

Reactions: Rue89 and Ghost2211
iftheworldwasending

iftheworldwasending

My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoice.
Sep 26, 2020
you are NOT weak. whatsoever. it definitely takes a lot to CTB, but it also takes a lot to continue to live.
if no one has told you recently, i'm proud of you. <3

• Love
Reactions: Emilia1012, Disco Biscuit, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I believe in some cases 'mine' the mind and body has set to self destruct but it can't relieve the SI so it uses all its strength to be weak.
Im so weak and pathetic it's as if it's an act.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered and Rue89
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I'm sorry you feel so down on yourself, but I understand. You're not weak- just a human being with fragilities, issues, and intricacies, as we all are. Some of our issues impact us more than they might impact other people in the same situation, but it doesn't make us weak, just different.

• Love
Reactions: x~Sophia~x and botanormal
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
I feel the exact same way. Anxiety is exhausting, and I'm sorry you have to experience it. I think anxiety has a way of making you feel truly worthless and weak, but you're anything but that. Trying to find peace in any way is a difficult task, and it takes a lot of courage to navigate through it. This world is a harsh place, you're not weak for noticing that. Wishing you all the best :hug: