naaras

naaras

´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`
Nov 1, 2020
I'm sick of being kind to people just for them to be complete assholes to me in return. I literally took care of my ex like I was a mother and he was a child. I paid for everything he owned and cooked for him daily. He dumped me because I told him he should apologize for saying something extremely hateful to me because it was "too controlling". This is just one instance of someone treating me like shit. How can people be so horrible? This bs is getting so old.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, DetachedDreamer97, flatearth and 19 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I'm sorry he did that to you. Some loved ones we meet in life unfortunately end up disappointing us. If only you knew what mine did to me. I could write a book and make a movie out of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Ghost2211, Stick and 3 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Some people are just shitty. Sorry that happened. I'm way too nice too. People love taking advantage of it especially when I was in middle school. When I asked why they were bullying me, they said because I'm too nice and an easy target. Eventually I got PTSD from it and here I am. (One of the reasons I'm on this site).

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ghost2211, Stick, puppy9 and 2 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I'm sorry for that. People tend to disapoint. At least from my experience. Sending hugs :hug: :hug:

• Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ren Elsie Jewelria, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I'm sorry for that. People tend to disapoint. At least from my experience. Sending hugs :hug: :hug:
I basically dated someone for 2 years who was only after my country visa. When I found out I felt disgusted like I was sleeping with the enemy for that long. Cutting the story very shortly.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Ghost2211, Stick, puppy9 and 1 other person
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I basically dated someone for 2 years who was only after my country visa. When I found out I felt disgusted like I was sleeping with the enemy for that long. Cutting the story very shortly.
Wtf, what kind of human was that? That's actually really disgusting, I'm sorry.

• Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ren Elsie Jewelria, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Wtf, what kind of human was that? That's actually really disgusting, I'm sorry.
Wouldn't call it a human, more like a dirt bag. He finally found a 65 year old lady in America that believed in his love whatsapp messages and did the 90 day fiancée visa for him. All of that he was doing and planning in my house without my knowledge. Guess my country wasn't good enough for him. I pity that lady. He's 35 years younger. Told you I could make a movie out of it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Ren Elsie Jewelria, Ghost2211 and 4 others
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
I feel like the worst things happen to those who are kind. It's really horrible how the kindest ones are used and hurt by people who take advantage of them. I'm so sorry, you didn't deserve any of that.

• Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, disabledandhopeless, Ghost2211 and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
He dumped me because I told him he should apologize for saying something extremely hateful to me because it was "too controlling"

Ah, the narc discard for demanding accountability, and the accompanying projection. Not saying he was necessarily a full-on narc, but some people have narcissism as an integral part of how they function in certain relationships. My mother was like that with those closest to her, but not with everyone. When I finally demanded accountability for the decades of abuse, I was discarded because of her projection that she was tired of the blame games -- I was always the scapegoat.

I think the challenge is finding folks who participate in reciprocal kindness or, really, awareness of others as well as the self, and if that's possible to find, it's easier to do so once one has strong self-worth, has earned their own self-respect, and has the boundaries that match. I honestly don't know if it's possible to reach that point and then find similar others. It seems like so few people have that, so I either have to be alone and isolated, or give up my self and my boundaries in order to be close to anyone, and then go back to the same intolerable patterns, go back into the same rejections of reality and try to function in shared delusions. It seems like every social order functions on toxicity and dominant delusions, and hates self-worth, self-respect, mutual awareness of vulnerability, and healthy boundaries. Anyone who has these things gets ostracized.

I have empathy for your frustration and pain. I wish I had a way to fix it for you and everyone else, too.

Reactions: sufferingalways, Ghost2211, Stick and 1 other person
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I'm sorry this happened to you. I guess people are the way they are. Your ex doesn't sound like a kind person, and no amount of goodness and kindness on your part can change that. Hope you'll be able to have more kind people in your life.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I hope he ends up with early dementia and dies eating his own shit.

Reactions: flatearth
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Nice people always get hurt the most.

Acerakis

Acerakis

Carer
Jun 5, 2020
Eh I'm probably not a nice person. At best I am mimicing what I think is nice to get people to like me.

Sorry to hear that people have taken advantage of your kindness.

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Eh, I know how that feels. Even when people often disappoint me or take advantage and f my kindness and naivety and when I embark on finally being assertive and on guard, I'd still find myself unguarded and too soft. Can't get angry enough to react the way I wish I would.

By the way, off topic: but nice Hanyuu avatar!

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?