• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

V

VioletWitch

Jul 17, 2024
I've been out of work for almost a year (it'll be a year on August 17, got fired for following safety guidelines that cost the company money but of course they said it was "performance"), not physically capable of retail or food service, and can't get even an interview for anything remote that I'm qualified for (or anything I'm not really qualified for but applying to anyway).
I'm going to get evicted. A family member had been helping me but that was always a limited time thing and my lease is up and my rent is going to go up $400 a month. (yeah, it's legal where I am.)
I have nowhere to go. I can't move in with anyone because I have 5 cats. I have 5 cats because I socialized strays, but some of them only socialized to me. Of the 5, 2 or maybe 3 might put up with living with other people. I don't think any of them would be happy about it, tho one of them is pretty social so she might be ok. Two of the cats absolutely can not live with anyone else, but they've also gotten used to being indoor cats.
I took responsibility for the cats and now I wish I hadn't, now I know they'd have been better off if I hadn't, but I never thought I'd lose my job and end up homeless. I thought was giving them a better life than freezing in the winter, melting in the summer, always being hungry and covered in fleas. And it *was* better, but now it won't be, and I don't know what to do.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, etherealspring, ToMoveOn and 1 other person
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
You did the right thing by taking them in, you didn't know what was going to happen. You can't predict the future

It sounds like they will have to go to a shelter, unfortunately. Try to find a no kill shelter

Your situation is absolutely heart wrenching.

Is there absolutely no way you can get help from the government?

What about a cleaning job? Could you look at your CV and see if it needs tweaking - I believe you call it a Resume everywhere else other than the UK?

What country are you in?

There must be a charity out there than can help you, loads of people end up in that situation.

It should be fucking illegal to increase the rent that much. How the fuck do these people sleep at night

I'm so sorry. So sorry, this is awful šŸ«‚

Reactions: Freedomatlast24
V

VioletWitch

Jul 17, 2024
You did the right thing by taking them in, you didn't know what was going to happen. You can't predict the future

It sounds like they will have to go to a shelter, unfortunately. Try to find a no kill shelter

Your situation is absolutely heart wrenching.

Is there absolutely no way you can get help from the government?

What about a cleaning job? Could you look at your CV and see if it needs tweaking - I believe you call it a Resume everywhere else other than the UK?

What country are you in?

There must be a charity out there than can help you, loads of people end up in that situation.

It should be fucking illegal to increase the rent that much. How the fuck do these people sleep at night

I'm so sorry. So sorry, this is awful šŸ«‚
I'm in the US. Cleaning is something else I'm not physically capable of. All I'm capable of are "office" jobs, computer stuff. And I've tweaked my CV/resume again and again and again.

2 or 3 of my cats could *maybe* find new homes, tho one of them probably wouldn't because she's very shy. 2 of the cats are just unadoptable tho. It took me *years* to get them to even warm up to me, and they absolutely can't stand anyone else. My mom stayed with me for a week and they would not even leave my bedroom the whole time she was present. And most "no-kill" shelters in the US are all only "no-kill" because they are picky about only accepting cats that they are pretty sure they can find new homes for.

And there isn't really help available in the US. If you're going to be homeless, you're just supposed to go to a shelter, and you can't take pets to shelters. There's charities and things, but it takes forever to get "help" and you don't get much.

• Aww..
Reactions: xxpinkmoonglitterxx
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
I'm in the US. Cleaning is something else I'm not physically capable of. All I'm capable of are "office" jobs, computer stuff. And I've tweaked my CV/resume again and again and again.

2 or 3 of my cats could *maybe* find new homes, tho one of them probably wouldn't because she's very shy. 2 of the cats are just unadoptable tho. It took me *years* to get them to even warm up to me, and they absolutely can't stand anyone else. My mom stayed with me for a week and they would not even leave my bedroom the whole time she was present. And most "no-kill" shelters in the US are all only "no-kill" because they are picky about only accepting cats that they are pretty sure they can find new homes for.

And there isn't really help available in the US. If you're going to be homeless, you're just supposed to go to a shelter, and you can't take pets to shelters. There's charities and things, but it takes forever to get "help" and you don't get much.
So you could look for jobs you're over qualified for, that's definitely an option. I know you shouldn't have to, but you need to survive so that could be a temporary solution, until you get a job within the pay grade you need/like.

You can't take animals to shelters over here either - could you imagine the chaos? They should create shelters for animals of homeless people/those needing to temporarily leave their companions though. You don't have an option at this point, so you will have to give them up. I know this is tough, trust me, I can relate. But, you're going to have no where to live.

Social media - are you on it? If not, make an account. Ask around in groups local to you. Sometimes people know of someone that can help you and/or your cats. It's worth asking

A roof over your head, and cheap rent would work. Always worth asking though

Don't give up, things can change. I've been homeless several times in my life, I know how rough it is, but please try to remember it's temporary.

Try to find someone that's willing to look after your cats until you're sorted, or if someone can help you all. There WILL be someone, it's about finding them. Get your posts floating about

I really hope your situation improves

Keep us updated

All the best x