• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

gggy

gggy

Wishing you the best❤️
Dec 22, 2023
I'm thinking of quitting my antidepressant (zoloft) and antipsychotic (Olanzapine), I want to get high but the only thing that stopping is my meds, I'm starting to have side effects(weight gain, amotivation, mania), I can't make up my mind

theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
are you having these side effects from the meds?

lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
discuss it with medical professionals and do honest research, not just the stuff that favors your view. learn the risks and educate yourself on some brain chemistry and statistics. theres a lot of reasons to not stop psych meds. is getting high temporarily really worth the potential longterm instability and crashes?

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
It's probably just the olanzapine causing the weight gain and lack of motivation. The mania is probably bipolar (is that your diagnosis?). In that case can you take lithium against the mania instead? If you are getting manic on the olanzapine it's not doing it's job so you need a higher dose or to switch.

I think it's possible to get high on Zoloft.

I do agree with the previous post though - is getting high worth it if your mental health will suffer more.

I am a big stoner personally and that is why I came off venlaflaxine plus it made me a zombie. But even though they diagnosed me with bipolar I don't have it.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
M

MrShino

Student
Jul 8, 2021
Remember that we are not professionals here (mostly, at least). Generally you should do this together with your doctor, therapist, psychologist or whoever you are seeing and as have been mentioned here, never cold turkey. If the main reason is mostly to get high, I would personally highly discourage it. Your mental health is much more important than that, even if I know some people find some needed relief with getting high. You should be considering your long-term interests tho. And even if you would, these medicines should not affect the activity of getting high nevertheless, unless you are talking about psychedelics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Z

zeecen

Mar 30, 2024
Like others have said, never go cold turkey. It could be dangerous.

Would it be possible to speak with your prescriber? Maybe there are alternative meds with less side effects? They can also provide guidance on how to properly ween yourself off of any of your meds you're currently on.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Life is a mirror, but "whose" mirror?
Mar 23, 2023
Yes, it is important that you take care about your well-being. Medicines can take time to leave the body, in terms of withdrawal symptoms and the well-being, it would be good to possibly look for natural ways to support and improve mental health and coping. Plus also look for information about the drugs you intend to use.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Is it possible your dose is too high? Mania??

S

spacealiens

Apr 2, 2024
your body your choice i was given olanzapine but never took them just burned them
your body your choice i was given olanzapine but never took them just burned them
im new here

cali88

cali88

Nov 11, 2023
Does anyone have Experience with antidepressant??? ig my therapy will also give me some