C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Given the amount of hate this site gets I'm surprised no ones family or friends ever made an account or a post talking about how they feel it's this sites fault for their loved ones suicide. I know the mods probably would locked it down but still it'd be interesting to read what they had to say. I know it would get too emotional real fast and any rational discussion probably would be impossible but I just wish we could somehow make them see things from our perspective. And then maybe talk about their loved ones life and what led them up to that point to begin with to feel so fucking lonely and lost that they felt they had to come to a suicide forum looking for answers. I just I don't know I wish most people could understand it's not our fucking fault your loved one came here. And they don't put any blame on themselves either ever.

Reactions: TJuk, it's_all_a_game, death137 and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I recall at one point there actually was someone who came here because their significant other had been a member who just CTB'd but that and several other things also made them suicidal as a result so that's probably how they were here. I wish I could remember who exactly it was and if they're still around though.

• Hugs
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, death137, littlelungs and 1 other person
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I recall at one point there actually was someone who came here because their significant other had been a member who just CTB'd but that and several other things also made them suicidal as a result so that's probably how they were here. I wish I could remember who exactly it was and if they're still around though.
Interesting. I just wonder if they also became suicidal would that be lumped into a different category instead of the 'blame the site for killing our loved ones' category? I mean we don't know how they felt about the site but given they joined.

Reactions: TJuk and Dr Iron Arc
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
People pop in here or there about it. Mostly friends, but I remember a recent thread where someone knew their family member was on this site before they ctb'd and they wanted to know what their username was so they could read their posts and maybe get a better sense of what was going through their head.

Since it's not the quickest, easiest option to just sign up here and start screaming about how it's all our fault and no one else's their loved one isn't around anymore, these people mostly congregate on other sites. Or they try to at least. There's really not that many people who know about this place and care enough to attempt to campaign against it. And the ones who do seem pretty fuckin incompetent at it.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, NearlyIrrelevantCake, death137 and 6 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
People pop in here or there about it. Mostly friends, but I remember a recent thread where someone knew their family member was on this site before they ctb'd and they wanted to know what their username was so they could read their posts and maybe get a better sense of what was going through their head.

Since it's not the quickest, easiest option to just sign up here and start screaming about how it's all our fault and no one else's their loved one isn't around anymore, these people mostly congregate on other sites. Or they try to at least. There's really not that many people who know about this place and care enough to attempt to campaign against it. And the ones who do seem pretty fuckin incompetent at it.
So there have been people asking about their loved ones final moments but without the blaming part. Well fuck that's fucking sweet and sad.

Well the site is getting well known in my opinion especially with the recent celebrity suicide using SN, the whole Shawn's Law episode, sources becoming harder to get, the VICE article a while back and a few others even though I'm sure most people don't read them.

eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
I am assuming most people clear their browsing history before they ctb. I think anyone who reads this forum without bias can see that we are just desperate people looking for a way out. We are not bad people.

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, death137, littlelungs and 4 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I am assuming most people clear their browsing history before they ctb. I think anyone who reads this forum without bias can see that we are just desperate people looking for a way out. We are not bad people.
We're not bad people or atleast most of us but society and most people are biased and looks at pro choice suicide with preconceived notions already. They want to sweep suicide under the rug so to speak as much as they can like they're pretending it doesn't exist. They think we're sick in the head and that no matter what suicide is never the answer. So in the end it honestly feels they think we are bad people.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, death137 and littlelungs
Depressed_Kettle

Depressed_Kettle

Experienced
Apr 25, 2021
I like to think a lot of people use privacy measures actively on this site. A lot of the info on here is sensitive.

Reactions: Shadowplay
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
one of the most unsettling experiences I had on this site was actually a few months ago when the mother of a deceased member came on chat to rant at us about how our site was to blame for her daughter's loss (using her daughter's account, who apparently hadn't signed out of her phone/pc. method was SN). She was saying things like "my other daughter found her, that's hard for an 18-year-old to take, she was on life support for five days, she left her grandparents and sister distraught and the site didn't discourage it. Come on, FaceTime me if you don't believe me, my daughter Hannah is dead". Before the account was banned she left details that I have since linked to an obituary, despite some members believing this was a troll. in fact there was a balloon release and everything. the pictures fucken broke my heart

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Fragile, Ame and 2 others