• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Akunhun

Akunhun

Jan 22, 2023
Even when I am relatively ok and not in a depressive episode I still don't see any option other than killing myself. Even if all of my dreams came true and I felt fine all of the time death would still be a better option than living and I hate it, I just want to be satisfied but it's impossible.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
That sucks. What can't be satisfied for you? Sorry you're always suffering ❤️

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Even when I am relatively ok and not in a depressive episode I still don't see any option other than killing myself. Even if all of my dreams came true and I felt fine all of the time death would still be a better option than living and I hate it, I just want to be satisfied but it's impossible.
That's exactly how it's been like for me.

J

JM2RXA

Jan 21, 2023
You're not alone, I have exactly the same feelings -- it's like our brains are just wired that way.

Sorry I can't offer any suggestions on how to fix it, but just know you're not alone.

Reactions: AnxietyHangover
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Do the suicidal thoughts distress you when you're in a depressed state? Are you able to not pay attention to them?

AnxietyHangover

AnxietyHangover

Global Moderator
Aug 20, 2022
Feel the same, feel like somehow the idea of suicide is embedded into my being. I am dealing with these thoughts almost on a daily basis. At some point it becomes tiresome.

R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
I am sorry if my question sounds funny, I don't mean it in a judgmental way. How do you know that you are not depressed if you have a classic sign of depression, namely that you are not really satisfied with anything, that nothing really makes you happy? Lack of joy and suicidal thoughts definitely sound like depression to me?

hunterfla

hunterfla

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
Definitely relate. There are times when I'm enjoying myself, at a park or watching a show and it escapes me for a few hours...but as soon as that snippet of time is over, I'm back to wishing I was gone. It sucks.

C

cherry7

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
I don't know what it is and that's what's bothering me so much
Speaking from my own experience, but is it possible that the suicidal thoughts neural pathway has been worn so deep by repeatedly going down that thought pattern when you're depressed, that it just feels comfortable to go there, that it feels bad to let go of the suicidal narrative, like letting go of a treasured promise, a friend, that you're not used to thinking in terms of future or doing things you'll enjoy, that even though you're not feeling depressed your whole being has already given up on life entirely and just doesn't have the energy to switch tracks or doesn't know it can or should? That the suicidal narrative is just very loyal to you and is keeping its promise it made when you were depressed of giving you an out?

TheLakesKrueguer

TheLakesKrueguer

Mar 5, 2023
I feel the same. I am happy, with friends, with ppl that I like or just having a good time alone... But with the same suicidal feeling. I can't stop thinking that everything and everyone would be better without me.
Speaking from my own experience, but is it possible that the suicidal thoughts neural pathway has been worn so deep by repeatedly going down that thought pattern when you're depressed, that it just feels comfortable to go there, that it feels bad to let go of the suicidal narrative, like letting go of a treasured promise, a friend, that you're not used to thinking in terms of future or doing things you'll enjoy, that even though you're not feeling depressed your whole being has already given up on life entirely and just doesn't have the energy to switch tracks or doesn't know it can or should? That the suicidal narrative is just very loyal to you and is keeping its promise it made when you were depressed of giving you an out?
Personally, I never thought it that way

scarletstarlet

scarletstarlet

done with everything...
Apr 4, 2023
Same. It's like, even when I'm in a better mental state, I know in the back of my head that it will all come crashing back down.

aitouka

aitouka

calm
Apr 5, 2023
I get it, same. It's like dying still seems like the only and final comfort, and even when I'm not depressed or sad I still find the thought of it comfortable, like it's true and eternal peace. You're not the only one who thinks like this.