wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
I know I've said the exact same thing before and I'm a broken record. I know no one can help me. But I hate that I can't die because of my fear of going to hell. I'm 99% sure it doesn't exist but the 1% terrifies me and whatever people say to reassure me I can't let go of the fear because it's so deep rooted in me.

• Hugs
Reactions: escape_from_hell, Tesha, Forever Sleep and 3 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I know I've said the exact same thing before and I'm a broken record. I know no one can help me. But I hate that I can't die because of my fear of going to hell. I'm 99% sure it doesn't exist but the 1% terrifies me and whatever people say to reassure me I can't let go of the fear because it's so deep rooted in me.
Which religion do you belong to?

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
I can understand this anxiety, for sure. Hoping you find a way that gives you the most peace possible.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I don't belong to any, but I'm scared Christianity or Islam will turn out to be true
Christianity falls apart when you realize the prophecies mentioned in the gospels are not prophecies concerning Jesus and often aren't even prophecies at all. They're verses from the old testament and when read in their original context, they have nothing to do with Jesus. So Christianity is wrong. AND, look at why Jews don't accept Jesus as the Messiah. He fulfilled nothing the Jews were expecting.

In Islam, Jesus is the messiah and comes back in the second coming. But I just pointed out that Jesus is not the Messiah. So Islam is wrong too.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EvisceratedJester and DeIetedUser4739
D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
I can't kms because I'm 100% sure there's nothing after this life.

Reactions: enduringwinter
jar-baby

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
I can't let go of the fear because it's so deep rooted in me.
I know this is common among those who were raised in conservative religious environments. Were you? I know it sounds like I'm stating the obvious but the first step of overcoming this would be identifying why it feels so deep-rooted.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Are you afraid of natural death also? I do understand to an extent. I was raised around ideas of hell and specifically that suicides go there and- it's a horrible nagging thought to have. I agree.

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby