BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Just need to get the thought out of my head. I want to try it so badly, but obviously SN isn't something you simply try. Besides, my parents are home. This is such an irrational thought, but it's so tempting.

• Aww..
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Just need to get the thought out of my head. I want to try it so badly, but obviously SN isn't something you simply try. Besides, my parents are home. This is such an irrational thought, but it's so tempting.

Oh crap. I'm concerned because you sometimes go through with such things.

Can you go for a walk?

Go get some McDonald's?

Racon

Racon

Student
Aug 29, 2020
Sometimes I wonder if impulsivity is the only way to CTB. I feel the rational-thinking approach could be a delaying tactic I can't admit to.

Reactions: Meditation guide
T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
Thank you for actually sharing this, it gives the opportunity for someone to help you. Please do whatever you can to distract yourself. Maybe talk to you parents, just casual conversation. Or you could watch one of your favorite movies, read a book. It's important to get engrossed in another activity, that will get your mind off it.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Oh crap. I'm concerned because you sometimes go through with such things.

Can you go for a walk?

Go get some McDonald's?
I'm sorry, I don't want to worry you. If it gets really bad, I have options:
• drive
• self harm
• eat

They're all dissociative activities for me, actually. Huh.
Thank you for actually sharing this, it gives the opportunity for someone to help you. Please do whatever you can to distract yourself. Maybe talk to you parents, just casual conversation. Or you could watch one of your favorite movies, read a book. It's important to get engrossed in another activity, that will get your mind off it.
I just ate with my parents (was hoping it would distract me) and realized before I sat down that my cuts were visible....which just made me wanna hurt myself more. God damn this shit, man.

I'd say half the time I can distract myself with something else. I definitely have options if needed. Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and GoodPersonEffed
T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I'm sorry, I don't want to worry you. If it gets really bad, I have options:
• drive
• self harm
• eat

They're all dissociative activities for me, actually. Huh.

I just ate with my parents (was hoping it would distract me) and realized before I sat down that my cuts were visible....which just made me wanna hurt myself more. God damn this shit, man.

I'd say half the time I can distract myself with something else. I definitely have options if needed. Thanks.
Have you tried holding ice? I know some people with a history of self harm that have really benefitted from it. It gives the distracting sensation of pain they were looking for, but it doesn't leave scars, hurt the next day etc. I've also heard of people snapping rubber bands on their wrist. Just want to make sure you have safe options

Reactions: Deleted member 18655 and BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Have you tried holding ice? I know some people with a history of self harm that have really benefitted from it. It gives the distracting sensation of pain they were looking for, but it doesn't leave scars, hurt the next day etc. I've also heard of people snapping rubber bands on their wrist. Just want to make sure you have safe options
I have tried ice, actually. It still hurts but it's not the same. It's hard to explain :/

I feel like such an asshole for this thread, but I felt it was better to get the thoughts out than keep it in and do something stupid

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 18655, GoodPersonEffed and Brick In The Wall
T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I have tried ice, actually. It still hurts but it's not the same. It's hard to explain :/

I feel like such an asshole for this thread, but I felt it was better to get the thoughts out than keep it in and do something stupid
you aren't an asshole! I think you're really brave for saying whats in your heard. Most of the time I don't have the courage. Thank you for being so honest

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 18655, GoodPersonEffed and BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
you aren't an asshole! I think you're really brave for saying whats in your heard. Most of the time I don't have the courage. Thank you for being so honest
Thanks. The urge is still there but not as strong. It'll probably go away soon. Can't say I didn't pull the sn out and stare at it tho. Lmao

Edit: no...nope, it's stronger. Welp. Guess I'll see where tonight takes me

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Sometimes I wonder if impulsivity is the only way to CTB. I feel the rational-thinking approach could be a delaying tactic I can't admit to.
You nailed it. that is me.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive