tiaralamb

tiaralamb

binge restrict cycle
Dec 15, 2021
god bless great britain, the country where obtaining a poisonous substance and killing myself is easier then accessing urgent mental health care. it was so adorable when the nurse replied with 'i don't know what to tell you' when i explained my very dire situation that can be solved with a simple referral to a living space where i can recieve 24/7 care, as opposed to, you know, living on the street! but such a referral is just impossible to make because my care co-ordinator is on holiday <333 good for her! unfortunately this means that there is nobody on god's green earth that can just phone a fucking number and say 'yes she has eupd and would benefit from this care'. i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much !!! so cute i love it !!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: awaitinglove, vampire2002, landslide2 and 11 others
pain6batch9

pain6batch9

Chronic
Aug 25, 2024
This might be a long shot, maybe you've done this already, but have you tried Crisis? They helped me into a place once or twice.

• Informative
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†
π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
That is actually so pathetic and sad that in most countries it's easier to just take your own life rather than receiving needed help. They either treat you like a dog, simply say they don't know what to do (they just don't care lol) or the medical bill will make you pull the trigger.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: vampire2002, lovelesslifeless, Priestess and 2 others
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
What happens if you go to the ER in GB?

Reactions: GuessWhosBack
pain6batch9

pain6batch9

Chronic
Aug 25, 2024
What happens if you go to the ER in GB?
You wait seven hours to see a nurse, then, depending on the severity of the issue you either get emitted to a ward, or they give you three paracetamol and send you packing.

Great places to sleep though.

Last edited:
pain6batch9

pain6batch9

Chronic
Aug 25, 2024
Where? On the floor? :pfff:

They have chairs too. When I was homeless and the weather got really bad, I'd go to A&E and sleep in the waiting area. Wasn't the quietest of places, granted. But you can find a way to do it. They frown upon it, I'd be moved on by security. Good for a couple of hours though. Especially when the frost hits.

• Hugs
Priestess

Priestess

Feb 15, 2022
Same here. when i was living in an abusive situation, my mental health worker said she could get me put in sheltered accommodation for the vulnerable. Great! Except..... you have to pay rent there, and my disability benefits had been stopped! So since i couldn't pay for sheltered accommodation, I was left in a place where i was being violently and sexually abused!

As i've mentioned in a previous thread, the stopping of my disability benefits left me unable to buy food, and I ended up with severe vitamin deficiencies. The NHS prescribed me a load of vitamin supplements free. WHY NOT JUST GIVE ME MONEY TO BUY FOOD???

I am so sick of the idiots who say "There is so much help available, you just have to ask for it!" No, there isn't.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, SketchTurner, lovelesslifeless and 1 other person
Priestess

Priestess

Feb 15, 2022
And as if that isn't bad enough, I have a cracked tooth, it's getting more and more painful, no NHS dentists are taking new patients, 111 gave me the number of an NHS emergency dentist but I have to pay, I don't have potentially hundreds to drop on this. So this country will just let my tooth get worse and worse until it gets infected and I end up in hospital rather than just treating it now.

pain6batch9

pain6batch9

Chronic
Aug 25, 2024
And as if that isn't bad enough, I have a cracked tooth, it's getting more and more painful, no NHS dentists are taking new patients, 111 gave me the number of an NHS emergency dentist but I have to pay, I don't have potentially hundreds to drop on this. So this country will just let my tooth get worse and worse until it gets infected and I end up in hospital rather than just treating it now.
The state of NHS dentistry is really bad. This might not help but, I paid to have my tests cleaned privately, (the NHS don't pay for that anyway) and it was surprisingly cheap. I know being skint is a pain in the arse.

One other thing I will say is, the dentistry departments in some NHS hospitals are very good. I went to one in Sheffield after waiting a day for an emergency appointment. The guy had that bugger right out. (I was visiting the area, it wasn't my 'local' hospital either.)

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I am so sick of the idiots who say "There is so much help available, you just have to ask for it!" No, there isn't.
That really pisses me off when people say that. There's help available, if you have money. If you're poor you're screwed.

Reactions: Priestess and pain6batch9
I

IwantHappiness

May 31, 2024
god bless great britain, the country where obtaining a poisonous substance and killing myself is easier then accessing urgent mental health care. it was so adorable when the nurse replied with 'i don't know what to tell you' when i explained my very dire situation that can be solved with a simple referral to a living space where i can recieve 24/7 care, as opposed to, you know, living on the street! but such a referral is just impossible to make because my care co-ordinator is on holiday <333 good for her! unfortunately this means that there is nobody on god's green earth that can just phone a fucking number and say 'yes she has eupd and would benefit from this care'. i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much !!! so cute i love it !!
i thought nhs was gonna be better after brexit? im neutral btw

tiaralamb

tiaralamb

binge restrict cycle
Dec 15, 2021
This might be a long shot, maybe you've done this already, but have you tried Crisis? They helped me into a place once or twice.
tysm for the advice ill try

• Love
Reactions: pain6batch9