Night Sky

Night Sky

Aug 8, 2019
Essentially, a coworker a while back reached out to me and offered to listen and be there for me through whatever I was going through. We talked a ton and I ended up developing feelings for her. Then she just kinda stopped talking to me, left me to deal with everything on my own, and recently it's turned out that she's dating someone else here that we work with.

My issues with loneliness and never feeling like I'm worth anything to anyone are the primary driving factors for me wanting to ctb. And time and time again I just keep getting proven right about that, regardless of people trying to tell me otherwise. I've been single for nearly half a decade now, and now every time I come in to work, I have to watch them be happy around each other while I'm lonely and miserable.

I'm just so tired, so damn tired, of nothing ever going right for me and always feeling like shit because I'm not important to anyone at all. Regardless of the circumstances I always get left behind and forgotten. Why keep going when you know the outcome?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Brackenshire, Meowkin and 7 others
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Did you ever tell her at any point you developed feelings for her? While I'm not at all pointing a finger at you for being a predator, often predators may develop these sort-of relationships with someone, and then engulf them. She may have had felt some weird vibes going on -- the end result was her ghosting out because she had no other way to express it.

I'm not justifying her actions or intending to make you feel worse about the situation you had with her.

Last edited:
Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
Man, this resonates with me and it hurts. I'm sorry you're going through this at your work of all places. I have to see my ex when I see my kids and she just revealed that she has been seeing someone since April, after a few strictly sexual relationships. I don't know why I envy her. My libido is dead and relationships never fixed me longterm anyway. It just seems like some people get all the love in the world and they do it by merely existing. I'll always assume it's easier for women, they are the selectors and we compete for the affection, etc. I could just use a good friend that sticks around and a hug wouldn't hurt either. I'm down to nothing but my shadow.

Did she give any hint of being interested in you in a romantic manner? I'm more saddened by the fact that it sounds like you lost the support rather than a dating option, and that paints them as someone likely not worth your time anyway, especially since she offered you her ear. At the end of the day though, we owe each other nothing. We're playing an incredibly selfish single player game that's somehow still marketed as an MMO. I hope things turn around for you.

M

Meowkin

Student
May 6, 2020
I'm sorry. It sounds like you've taken it really hard. It's easy to get hurt especially when you've been running on empty for so long. I really wish you'll meet the love you long for sooner rather than later.

Yona

Yona

saltymeow
May 23, 2020
Must be rough man. I hope everything will get better for you.
Did you confront her about her ghosting you? I mean she knows some personal stuff about you (Like you told). So it would be justified to ask her. Don't stress yourself over them. It's not worth your time. (Easier said then done I know) I wish for you the best